Your players need regional pricing, please..

• Firstly hi everyone o/ i'm a player from Turkey and I'm excitedly waiting for this game since it's first launched and it's finally, almost here! :love:

But we ( Turkish players ) have a little problem about the pricing. Most publishers do a regional pricing to Turkey because our exchange rate is high and if they don't not many people buy the games because we can not afford it. I'm sad to see that this game is one of that.

Prices for the editions ; Standart : 319 TL ( Turkish Lira ) - Deluxe : 479 TL - Collector : 799 TL.

Now to give an example about the prices I'm a university student and i pay 900 TL monthly to my house rent. It's almost on par with the collector. Now yeah i won't buy the collector edition because it's a luxury. Let's give some examples to standart version.

Outriders $60 game. Now if we directly exchange it with our currency, it cost's 483 TL but they sell at 289 price tag for us.

One more example ; RDR2 $60 game - Direct price : 483 TL - we buy at 299 TL.

List will go on i hope you understand the point. Swords of legends online is a $39 game. And we literally pay the exchange rate price and it's expensive as a mmo rpg game.

Please do a regional pricing we won't be able to afford the game and we want to play this game.

Thank you for reading.

• Camist

Added the Label Shop
  • Hello,

I may missunderstood you, Araiguma ...

If you want to say that Brasil belongs to "South America" then yes, you're right.

Gameforge will provide two server cluster and they just called them shortly "EU server" and "NA server".

In my opinion it's more like a description where the servers are located,

which doesn't mean people from Brasil or Turkey can't play the game.

As long as these players can see the game in the stores it's possible to purchase it.

These are answers from the FAQ thread:

In which regions will the game be available?

The game will be available in Europe, North and South America, the Middle East, North Africa, Australia and New Zealand.

What servers will be available?

We will offer two region clusters – one in Europe (Germany) and one in North America (Eastern US).
    Each server cluster will be composed of multiple servers able to support several thousands of players!

But the point of this thread was to ask for a regional discount because of the poor (can I say that in this way?!) economics there.

A regional discount has nothing to do with our servers.

• I believe Araiguma was trying to suggest that it is senseless to introduce regional pricing since then rich people from rich countries will purchase the game via Turkish currency for half the price and Gameforge will lose money, possibly more than they would gain by having Turkish players join the game. Ultimately Gameforge is out to make money, not to publish a game for the masses.

• What do u expect if this game is beeing launched for EU / NA and u are trying to buy it from Turkey / Brasil ???

As Zhirelia said, the server location has absolutely nothing to do with the countries allowed to play the game. As quoted, their FAQ explicitly lists South America, Middle East and North Africa as regions where the game will be available.

Do you also think players from Australia/NZ should also not purchase the game then since they don't live in NA/EU? You just don't see complaints from such players because their countries have strong economies.

I believe Araiguma was trying to suggest that it is senseless to introduce regional pricing since then rich people from rich countries will purchase the game via Turkish currency for half the price and Gameforge will lose money, possibly more than they would gain by having Turkish players join the game. Ultimately Gameforge is out to make money, not to publish a game for the masses.

Many games do that on Steam. Yes, you can use a VPN to fake your country and buy the game for less, but Steam has a rather efficient detection system to ban players that abuse it. You can google that if you don't believe me and you will see that such practice is NOT recommended at all.

However since the game is not only on Steam, I'm not sure if Gameforge/Epic have ways of detecting that to ban people that do it. Still, that'd be sad if that's the only reason why they don't implement regional pricing.

• Hello! I am from Ukraine, everything is complicated with us too:

minimum wage 214 $ , average wage $ 420, utilities for a 1-room apartment $ 54 - $ 72. Which is equal to 2 months of utilities or Collector’s Edition. The in game store looks intimidating too. I would be very grateful for your understanding.

• I will share my (IMHO)huorong_peek opinion on regional prices. Regional prices in a game with a similar monetization model will inevitably lead to unprofitability and server closings or to a transition to a more profitable monetization model. In all games with regional prices for players of the same server group, the players who pay the maximum price have a feeling of injustice huorong_angryand a desire to fix it, and they begin to abusehuorong_sad regional prices. The publisher's revenues fall, the monetization system changes to compensatecat_mean for losses, the players are unhappyhuorong_cry with this, the servers are closed.

Also, do not forget that regional prices lead to an increase cat_shockedin prices for players with more stable economies.

As an example, one well-known game with regional prices

It would also not be fair to say that there is no regional discount at all.Thanks to steam and exchange rate differences, there is a small discount cat_patcompared to the regular price.

Regional prices do not cause tangible damage to the publisher when regional groups have separate servers isolated from each other by the IP block.

• An excellent example, especially considering that back in 2017, the developers removed the regional subscription discount for Brazil and Russia. The popularity in Russia is explained by one simple fact, there is a loophole in Steam, and when buying a renewable subscription, Steam invoices 3€ huorong_heartinstead of 13€

Also, despite the regional discount on the game itself in Steam, there are no regional discounts in the in-game store. Also, there are no regional discounts on subscription.

I don't think this is the right place to discuss FF so back to SOLO.

• I will share my (IMHO)huorong_peek opinion on regional prices. Regional prices in a game with a similar monetization model will inevitably lead to unprofitability and server closings or to a transition to a more profitable monetization model. In all games with regional prices for players of the same server group, the players who pay the maximum price have a feeling of injustice huorong_angryand a desire to fix it, and they begin to abusehuorong_sad regional prices. The publisher's revenues fall, the monetization system changes to compensatecat_mean for losses, the players are unhappyhuorong_cry with this, the servers are closed.

Also, do not forget that regional prices lead to an increase cat_shockedin prices for players with more stable economies.

As an example, one well-known game with regional prices

It would also not be fair to say that there is no regional discount at all.Thanks to steam and exchange rate differences, there is a small discount cat_patcompared to the regular price.

Regional prices do not cause tangible damage to the publisher when regional groups have separate servers isolated from each other by the IP block.

Heck if I care if there's regional pricing. Ok yeah, some people will jank the system to buy things at a lower cost, true. Alternatively, it allows more people to get and play the game, leading to a more active game. Further, I'm all for having fair pricing based on region. There's things GameForge can do to prevent abuse of someone swapping regions constantly just for this.

• The discount was not removed. Russia is playing at a discount.

Tell it Square Enix

Here's another example with regional prices: world of warcraft , and they have no problems because of this.

It's a different monetization system, and there is a division into regions, having bought a cheap version in Russia you cannot play on European servers.There is a similar monetization system in gw2, but there are no regional discounts either.

here's things GameForge can do to prevent abuse of someone swapping regions constantly just for this.

No regional prices no abuse.

• No regional prices no abuse.

Is that really your argument? Lol

We, players from country with weaker economies, should be punished because of a small percentage of people who would abuse this "exploit"?

As I previously said, Steam can, and DOES, easily ban players who switch countries to purchase games at lower prices. It should be rather simple to implement such thing out of Steam as well.

If a player buys the game from a certain country, then they can only play the game from within that country. Sure, they could use a VPN to bypass that - but then is it really worth it to pay for a VPN service (or trust a free one) over a few bucks saved on a 1 time purchase game?

• No regional prices no abuse.

Every player has a right to ask regional pricing.

-

You guys asked nicely, now let the team decide that.

SOLO Toughts

- Gear progression is so easy and boring (Nearly maxed out after 60h+)

- Gear upgrade system is a absolute shit

- Combat is all about spamming the same rotation over, over and over again (But...but astral blessings changes skills :D)

- Mob AI is horrible

- Shit tier optimization (UE4 on the way :D)

- Dungeon mechanics are not good

- The end game content is not enough with it's current state

In the end i refunded game.(Thanks Steam)

Maybe will check it in the future but that's a maybe.