Game is dying a slow death

• damage is already done tbh. this is what happens when u dont advertise a b2p game. 2-3k avg players is terrible when 3 new mmos are about to come out and take even more

making it f2p is the only hope this game has and gameforge will never do that

• damage is already done tbh. this is what happens when u dont advertise a b2p game. 2-3k avg players is terrible when 3 new mmos are about to come out and take even more

how about fixing the issues instead ? game was full in start tons of people bought the game.. people just left cause there are many issues not taken care of..

lags/translation/premade in BG /squad abuse and deranking/ faction imbalance and so on..
    but then again GF will never get better servers cause they dont care.

• They should fastly fix the issues & servers, also they should make the game free to play & adv it, because this low avg player numbers are seriously bad for mmorpg's and like others said, 3 new will come soon, those will bring players away from this game. I really liked this game at the beginning but now...

• It's kinda funny you guys advocating for the game to go f2p as if that would "save" the game... first off, your numbers are incorrect and certainly underestimated - no one outside GF (and maybe the original studio in China) knows the real number of players. Secondly, f2p would mean a loss in revenue which would have to be compensated for in ways I would personally not like to speculate. Sure, some people have stated (without references) that the Chinese devs have made it a requirement not to include p2w in the game - so how would GF recover the revenue? more, and more frequent cosmetics alone?

Going f2p won't solve anything really - the problems are structural and need to be fixed by engineers and game designers, not by marketeers or mere publishers.
    Also, games lose players all the time, everyday. Besides this game having a niche audience (which would disqualify the argument that any of those 3 or 4 games coming out soon would "steal" players from it), that notion is so shallow and repetitive it kind of startles me to see it being played over and over on forums and world chat channels... then again, those are the places one would not look into to get an accurate picture.

The damage was done when the Chinese devs gave publishing rights to GameForge. There is a reason that GameForge's reputation in the gaming world is so bad.

The damage was done when the Chinese devs gave publishing rights to GameForge. There is a reason that GameForge's reputation in the gaming world is so bad.

first never judge a book by its cover...

second.. it has a reason gameforge is like the big fish when it comes to mmorpgs, whenever someone who is not in the "blizzard bubble" hear "mmorpg" - the firs thing they think about is gameforge..

Gameforge has all the big mmorpgs, literally all except the blizzard games... and i am not talking about browsergames which are also a BIG PART of gameforge, i talk about mmorpgs.

• Metin2 the game is almost 20 years old and still very well known and people play it
    • Runes of Magic
    • Terra
    • Aion
    • Nostale
    • Elsword

Runes of Magic, Metin2, Terra and Aion alone are super big fishes, everyone know them, compared to "Shooter popularity" those 4 games could be "Call of Duty" "Counter Strike" "Half Life" and "Team Fortress"

Google Trends: Search Results/Interests

dfcIwUo.png

• You mean games that GameForge acquired after the fact and then ruined? Also Metin2 is in no way a big lesgue MMO.

Had they advertised though then what? GameForge went for the cheapest Microsoft Azure VM servers they could get....

• Well after the first big thing I think of when it comes to MMORPG is actually NCSoft, not GF. Also AION is only EU on GF not NA version. And whatever except AION GF has, i don't view as big at all.
    And GF taking over AION is what me personally made me have a bad opinion about GF, (also how they did things at Gamescom x:).

• GameForge went for the cheapest Microsoft Azure VM servers they could get....

I believe this to be true. When I played the Steam 1 week beta on their servers I had 40-50 better ping and the number was much more constant compared to the 45-110 variance i get non stop from the Gameforge servers.

same.. but what GF does ? blame the entire world isp .. and claim no issue whatsoever on their servers... i been playing MMOs for 20 years ive never ever seen any server with worse connection and pings... constant ping spikes that makes skills fail.. company that doesnt wnat to invest into the game .. and wonder why people quit... .. honestly it feels like a scam ... opening the game with such servers and not even offer refund.. too bad such a good game has such a bad publishers.

• GameForge went for the cheapest Microsoft Azure VM servers they could get....

I believe this to be true. When I played the Steam 1 week beta on their servers I had 40-50 better ping and the number was much more constant compared to the 45-110 variance i get non stop from the Gameforge servers.

same.. but what GF does ? blame the entire world isp .. and claim no issue whatsoever on their servers... i been playing MMOs for 20 years ive never ever seen any server with worse connection and pings... constant ping spikes that makes skills fail.. company that doesnt wnat to invest into the game .. and wonder why people quit... .. honestly it feels like a scam ... opening the game with such servers and not even offer refund.. too bad such a good game has such a bad publishers.

So....

A couple things to say about this.....

As a North American player, in the North American region, which is one of the only two places this particular release of the game is legally marketed/licensed/published to, I would say a good 90% of the time (and probably more) I have exactly zero issues with moving, or hitting buttons, or doing anything.

I rarely rubber band. Skills usually work. And I haven't seen any real issues that could conclusively be blamed on cheap servers.

There's two glaring issues I have seen.

One being faction PvP, which I don't really think is a server/ping thing, but more of an issue with the sheer number of people ("actors", as the Unreal Engine calls them) involved and their model updates and the fact that the even the modern Unreal engine struggles with this while this game just so happens to be using Unreal Engine 3.

The other being skills occasionally getting a little weird, especially time based skills, things like summoner blessing, or reaper phantom reset, but I'm not entirely sure this is purely a server issue either. The highest I've seen my ping is like maybe in the 120's, and even with that kind of latency you should have about more than 8 times that time to get a single button press to the server to use that skill. I think there's probably another underlying state/timing issue here that isn't necessarily "cheap" server dependent either. There also seem to be a lot of issues with skills like this and certain animation locks, something that seems not related to the server at all.

I find a lot of people sit here and bitch about the tiny number in the corner of their screen instead of just enjoying the other 98% of the game on their screen. Personally, I've turned the ping indicator off completely, and I rarely notice any interruptions in the quality of my actual game.

The fact is over the course of an 8 minute bossfight, something that comes out to be about 480000 milliseconds long, your damage information/HP information/whatever getting to the server or back to you a mere 120 milliseconds later than when you actually did that action, is actually fairly negligible. Maybe, just maybe, you'll occasionally just barely miss an interrupt or a dodge or something but it's not like those windows are so unforgiving you can't just not fall asleep at the keyboard and actually do them in a reasonable amount of time.

TL:DR;

Not every glitch you see in this game is specifically related to cheap servers. You wouldn't fall down a hole, or get stuck on a rock and then blame the "cheap" server for it. I don't see why it's assumed that PvP issues must be cheap servers, or skill CD timings must be cheap servers either.

Also.... I don't remember particularly amazing servers in the beta tbh.

I specifically remember one day of the beta the spearmaster home world was literally unusable because of how much people were teleporting around. You could argue that you could just assume this was a beta issue, and for the most part I did, but I can also say that I've only ever seen server lag that bad since one other time post-release and it was in Baxian plateau. I also remember red poopy ping from day 1 and quickly figuring out that hiding other players made it fairly reasonable.

i been playing MMOs for 20 years ive never ever seen any server with worse connection and pings

If you are actually being serious with this statement, I find that extremely hard to believe.

how about fixing the issues instead ? game was full in start tons of people bought the game.. people just left cause there are many issues not taken care of..

lags/translation/premade in BG /squad abuse and deranking/ faction imbalance and so on..
    but then again GF will never get better servers cause they dont care.

I think the fact is....

People get bored.

There's definitely a honeymoon phase with games like this... and for me it lasted for a really long time.... but eventually you kind of just get bored.

I think the one guy hit the nail on the head when he said the game has structural issues that need to be fixed by designers and devs.

This game is in a weird place where it doesn't appeal to hardcore MMO players, because you can't sit on it 12 hours a day and make progress. You are literally gated at every opportunity, either by something that can only be done daily, or weekly, or at certain hours, or by a straight up month long time restriction (cough cough... still can't buy 70 PvP gear for another month).

But this game also doesn't appeal to casual MMO players either, because if you have to sleep all day and then work nights, you'll literally never get to PvP. If you have to work weekends or take care of the family, you'll never get to do gold of the four seas. You might never see a world boss, might never see a dragon song battle, and the list goes on.

In many ways this game like... fundamentally screws its audience at both ends, and unless you're an upstanding young person in a authoritarian city state who happens to somehow work a completely normal functioning life, but also have the exact free time the game demands at the exact time slots it demands it, this game basically doesn't appeal to you.

I don't know exactly what super specific person this game is actually marketed towards, but I'm slowly figuring out it's definitely not me. I'm getting sick of running the same 5 dungeons on a weekly basis, with only the mega easy mode versions of those dungeons available on a daily basis. And while part of me is glad that fresh dungeon content isn't being released at an exhausting pace, I'm also so very sick of being locked out of almost all of the games other available content, simply because I don't fit this made up ideal Chinese working man who also plays MMO's time schedule.

I'd seriously hoped to see far more changes post-release enabling people to freely do this content on their own terms, but as far as I know, GF either isn't concerned about it or negotiating it, or the dev's flat out put their foot down, and this game will probably bleed a massive amount of players for it until there's more 24/7 sanctioned content to do.

In the first 14 days this game was out, I'd put almost 200 hours into the game. I knew one person who had literally played for 260 hours. Even right now I have played this game 421.1 hours. This game has been out for 51 days. That's like 8.25 hours a day.

I have literally play this game like it is my job, and even I am all but a few steps away from just being a raid logger.

I can't PvP when I want.

Even if I could PvP, some PvP gear can't even be bought until October.

And Faction PvP is IMBA AF.

This has literally killed me and 5 other friends I know entire drive to do anything PvP related.

We don't even touch continents or visit the faction area anymore.

And as far as PvE is concerned:

Weeklies only come once a week.

Hard modes only come once a week.

Raids only come once a week.

Normals are daily, but boring and stale.

I can't even repeat a dungeon more than once a day for prestige, just to have literally anything to work towards or do.

I love all the Ruvia and Turqiose stuff, but even now I'm close to being capped on our highest available ancestral level in it (level 4). And while you could grind it, it'd probably kill it for you or quickly make it extremely tedious.

I can't do emerald clouds when I want.

I can't do leisureland when I want.

I can't do gold of the four seas when I want. (Though this is an event and I don't really want to, so I get it)

It's just like...

I literally log in.

And I'm bored.

And then I log out.

And not all of this is just to complain for the sake of complaining. I'm just saying... maybe these are the reasons this game isn't for me. And it's quite possibly why a lot of other people have quickly and or slowly found out the game is not for them either.

• These reasons and some more are why I'm stopping too at 400 hours played.

I'll go back to gw2 for now - see ya later when archer is out if the game is alive.

• 300h here, and i played since the beginning, people will always defend their games, but we should stop complain too, thats why I am going back to my main game FF14, I will come back too when warrior will be released, and if the game will alive, and I hope that! Good luck everyone, play the game you love :)

• Where do you fall behind hard if you dont do your dailies? Thats not true at all.

i stopped them when my battlepass got full and only did my "this i'd like to do anway" stuff. Daily random dungeon i did everyday. rest of it as i felt like. still not falling behidn at all.

GameForge went for the cheapest Microsoft Azure VM servers they could get....

really? If you are in NA - maybe. But we are like 8 ppl in EU and i literally could count the cases, when i had any lag/ping issue on one hand. And if i count in the times "others said they had those issues" i maybe need only 2 hands. It literally has one of the smoothest server expieriences i ever had in mmos.

• I quit playing until they release the new classes. Yeah, I know, no one cares but the thread is about people leaving.

I'm playing from SEA on an EU server and cannot raid with guilds because they raid around 2am my time. PuG raids are usually terrible due to the DPS checks in place and, coupled with the randomness of loot drops and the decrease in parchments available (compared to 60) gearing is a problem. Even if I perform well, those with higher GS can typically perform much better and since I rarely get more than 1 drop per Jade Palace run and only got 1 drop in the single-boss raids I fell behind.

On top of that, the game has little enough content that it seems like if you don't fish or PvP you run out of things to do in a day or two on one character. Sure, my having this much time on my hands is part of the issue, but it's not really fun logging in, doing a couple quick raids and logging off for the week.

I'll come back when there is more content to do, and that should be right around when the new classes drop. There will likely be an entire reset of gear then as well due to large numbers of people rerolling.

• I left the game shortly after Jade Palace, because there was not enough endgame content and I was getting bored of doing the same dailies & weeeklies over again and again. I'm also not going back to level up a 4th character with the same storyline I've already seen trice. Maybe I'll come back in a year when there is enough new content to enjoy, but it does too little to keep me logging in on a regular basis.

• If they released on Friday, servers would probably explode lol.

Although I usually defended this playerbase and didn‘t think, the decrease in player numbers is that big, I actually realized that with every week the game is becoming more inactive.

Nobody from my alliance logs in anymore due to repetitive and lacking content.

I kept logging in, getting my 1 gear drop per week from raids, until I finally hit ilvl 75 yesterday.

Meanwhile some people are already at 80 or higher.

The rng combined with lack of content made me more and more frustrated over the past few weeks.

I felt like I couldn‘t keep up with others anymore due to bad rng..even if I did every daily and weekly, I was still behind, because RNGesus didn‘t bless me..

Yesterday something in my head clicked and I realized I‘m not having fun anymore playing SOLO, it felt more like a choir.

Took me a bit longer but I think that‘s how many people feel.

For now I quit and I doubt that will change when the new classes release.