The current PvE gameplay loop is unrewarding and unsatisfying.

• Let me preface this by saying that I am a WoW and XIV veteran and am by no means new to the concept of treadmill grinds. However, the current design in SOLO is just infuriating and is bleeding raiders out.

When I started playing this game, I was amazed at how user friendly the gearing process was, compared to something like WoW, since the loot chests actively fill out your missing gear slots, and I was hoping that this game was gonna use the fact that it's not subscription based to be a bit more lax with chores, since they do not have to keep you engaged at all times. However, since then, it's moved in the complete opposite direction.

The two main problems are parchments and content pace.

Parchments constantly keep increasing while the ways you get them have not (except for the two parchments from easy mode, which is not proportional at all). This means you went from basically passively capping parchments by doing anything, to having to basically do every single PvE daily and weekly on the cultivation menu, which includes a daily normal mode dungeon and a weekly easy mode raid. The thing is that these things are not interesting to do at all and basically just force you to log in for 30-60 minutes every day to do menial shit. I get people need to be bribed to run easier content for new players, but really, every day? Normal dungeons are just a zerg of bored i70s pulling everything to boss and destroying it in 10 seconds at this point. At the same time the AMOUNT of actual currency you get from each parchment has been decreased. So instead of keeping it stable, it was changed so you have to do more work for the exact same reward. (Actually, I think the weekly amount you get comes out to less even, but don't take my word for it, I'm not doing the math) At the same time, we still have to run the ever increasing amount of raids, without anything ever fading out or being optional. Hard mode dungeons are still basically a requirement too because of the shoehorned in crafting materials for rank 3 sockets which can't be sold and only drop from there.

On a side note, the battle pass did most certainly not help with this. Some things are severely overvalued (card game x3 = running a dungeon? and both of those give less than doing 3 singleplayer hunts?) and since the battle pass is not entirely cosmetic in the free tier it's hard to just ignore. At least the 300 point reward is basically useless so you can already stop at 220.

The second point is content pace. Raids are releasing too fast. We barely got one week on i60 BiS before the raid released with 75 gear, and if I understand current planned releases, we'll have probably the same time on i75 gear before hard mode comes out with higher item level. For most people like me (from what I gather), games like these are based on ebb and flow. You invest a lot of time at once to progress the raids and reclear them, then you have some downtime to just chill on good gear. If there is constant flow of higher item levels, it just feels like there's no point doing anything anyway, because by the time you get to the best gear, it's not the best gear anymore.

I think both of these things are in the power of the publisher to change. Now granted I think they will not be changed so this is more of a rant/discussion post to begin with. Do you guys agree with me? I guess if you play SOLO as your main/only game you might like the content pace. All I know is that my friends from other games are all very tired of the constant chore increases and our raid team is also constantly bleeding players (despite good performance and fast reclears) that are quitting.

• VanillaNya

Added the Label Dungeons & Raids
  • It's nothing new of MMOs in PVE content. I have seen alot worse than this. Unfortunately it's a repetitive thing as with all PVE content in alot of MMOs. It will all end up the same eventually, and over time there are some content where u can simply omit, but you're still at the starting phase of the game. In China and Taiwan gear score is ilevel 370+ which is 2 years ahead of the western release.

The raid "events" are here to stay and for the most part you do them as you go once you hit 60 gear. If you feel the need to rush and be ontop all the time, then yes it'll be alot more grindier than normal because you want the content. You can stop running Normal other than your daily random instance quest. and just focus on hards and doing the raid instances (which is just a once a week thing).

Increase in mysterious parchments is not a bad thing because higher level items require more of those to do the pet crafting. No one is pointing a gun at your head to hit max.18 each week. its an option for those who want more. Also do note the weekly parchment cap is per week not daily. You can easily hit 18 parchments a week by doing dailies every day.

Battlepass daily isn't really something that asks you to complete all. You have a choice again to select the easiest/ less time consuming ones to hit 10 points each day for dailies. There are some people who may not have enough time to do the usual dailies on some days to get their 10 points and the "overvalued" things you mentioned are alternatives for people to choose from to help them hit those 10 points.

It is not Mandatory to do all. it's great that they offer options for people on the battle pass. From pve to pvp to casual leisure games.
    All you really need is to do 4 quests listed on the battlepass each day out of the big massive list of options. The options are also there to stop people from feeling overly bored doing the same 4 quests everyday. some might be ok with it some want variety. So going back on your point of how its not interesting at all, this is why they have a list of quests for people to choose from.

What you're expressing is normal frustrations alot of pve mmo's cause to players, which is why I don't rush and pace myself and enjoy the game. its not the end of the world if you miss one day of dailies and having a break from the game once in a while. If anything we always advise our group to pace themselves and not burn out because we know from all our experiences in past mmos chinese/korean ones in particular that the grind is long and unrewarding and limited.

Im not here to tell you what you're saying isnt right, but its also fairly inaccurate to have said what you said and i felt the need to share a differnt opinion to open up your thinking.

Just enjoy the game, take it at your own pace and don't get swept away by the sweaty bettys. :)

• Parchments constantly keep increasing while the ways you get them have not (except for the two parchments from easy mode, which is not proportional at all). This means you went from basically passively capping parchments by doing anything, to having to basically do every single PvE daily and weekly on the cultivation menu, which includes a daily normal mode dungeon and a weekly easy mode raid. The thing is that these things are not interesting to do at all and basically just force you to log in for 30-60 minutes every day to do menial shit. I get people need to be bribed to run easier content for new players, but really, every day? Normal dungeons are just a zerg of bored i70s pulling everything to boss and destroying it in 10 seconds at this point. At the same time the AMOUNT of actual currency you get from each parchment has been decreased. So instead of keeping it stable, it was changed so you have to do more work for the exact same reward. (Actually, I think the weekly amount you get comes out to less even, but don't take my word for it, I'm not doing the math) At the same time, we still have to run the ever increasing amount of raids, without anything ever fading out or being optional. Hard mode dungeons are still basically a requirement too because of the shoehorned in crafting materials for rank 3 sockets which can't be sold and only drop from there.

I don't really mind the cap increase as if you are lazy to do dailies you can buy a lot of parchments from ruvia/lantern/mentor/attendance shops and most important weeklies also drop them.

I do however agree with the lotus fire mat being only droppable in hard mode dungeons, I would like to see them drop elsewhere, maybe in the easy raid.

The second point is content pace. Raids are releasing too fast. We barely got one week on i60 BiS before the raid released with 75 gear, and if I understand current planned releases, we'll have probably the same time on i75 gear before hard mode comes out with higher item level. For most people like me (from what I gather), games like these are based on ebb and flow. You invest a lot of time at once to progress the raids and reclear them, then you have some downtime to just chill on good gear. If there is constant flow of higher item levels, it just feels like there's no point doing anything anyway, because by the time you get to the best gear, it's not the best gear anymore.

Playerbase: We need more content pls game boring ppl leaving

This guy:

Devs/GF:642080347991048202.png?v=1

On a more serious note Gameforge probably wants to reach to China and implement big patches asap, fixing various bugs and stuff idk...

• Playerbase: We need more content pls game boring ppl leaving

This guy:

Devs/GF:

I definitely know this is a controversial take and some people are saying the exact opposite. Of course fast content is good, but in my opinion gear should be allowed to sit a while. Constantly (as in legitimately 9/10 weeks of playing the game) chasing gear isn't fun when there is no end in sight. i60 gear to the (presumably i90) hard mode raid will be essentially what bringing i45 gear into Normal Jade Palace is (except Hard Mode presumably has even harder hitting mechanics) - it's not something a lot of the community will do in the first prog, or really at all for a while unless you have people willing to sandbag you through. At current content pace it will continue like that, the moment we have i75 gear we will need i90 gear for the next thing - forced to constantly run that treadmill with no break in order to run the new drip-fed raidcontent. I know not all people agree with this sentiment but I hope you can see my point if you compare this to WoW or XIV, where you have plenty of time to gear up for whatever the next thing is which allows you to be a lot more lax with gearing up. This in turn with the increasing requirements from running Daily Normal + Cultivation (Bi-)Weeklies + Hard Modes + Easy Raid + Normal Raid + Waves/Horror + whatever comes out next week is just all starting to be a bit much imo.

Increase in mysterious parchments is not a bad thing because higher level items require more of those to do the pet crafting. No one is pointing a gun at your head to hit max.18 each week. its an option for those who want more.

My problem with the parchment increase is that the amount of parchments you get is (iirc) halved from 60 parchments, meaning for all the extra work you actually end up with less item purchasing power. This may have made sense in the CN version, but here with hard palace already on the horizon in 3-4 weeks, it just kinda feels like a slap in the face.

• The second point is content pace. Raids are releasing too fast.

While I agree with some of your points, content is being released faster than normal currently so that we can catch up to the Chinese client and all of their implemented game improvements. If you used the original release for content, we would never catch up.

• Just enjoy the game, take it at your own pace and don't get swept away by the sweaty bettys.

Cant do that the way the daily and weekly load just keeps increasing and there is no way to do it with a little more time but on fewer days of the week.

I don't really mind the cap increase as if you are lazy to do dailies you can buy a lot of parchments from ruvia/lantern/mentor/attendance shops and most important weeklies also drop them.

Right now its already required to buy some parchments as there isnt enough to get them from cultivation. Which also means you cant miss days or you have to spend more gold and or be unable to buy them all.

In addition the daily load for parchments is just getting too big.

Calling people lazy is just ridiculous.

Even I consider it a workload that is starting to get way to big, and I have a lot more time put into this game then most do.

• Well, I generally hate item spiral sht, but what I do not understand:
    If a new higher iLevel is released, why not just remove any kind of cap on the previous ones? Or at least put it on the "next tier"

For example normal (ilvl50) should be now: Unlimited, Hard Mode (iLvl 60): Once a Day, Raids (iLvl75) Once a week.

And later when new tier is released it should be

iLvl 60 = Unlimited, iLvl 75 == Daily, iLvl 90 == Weekly

But I agree with the title totally.

It feels unsatisfying and unrewarding, no matter if it's PvE, Dailies, Battle Pass etc. It's just a chore. The only thing currently fun for me is just building on my housing stuff (even tho it's only in preview, because I will never ever be able to get the mats/money to craft any of it)