Your definition "Easy", "Normal", "Hard" -> Ruins of Nuowu

• yes, if semi-progress casual peoplel like me can clear it, its fine.. if 1 is noob, 10 is pro player and 5 is average, i would put myself at 6. So yeah.

The average players have no energy and motivation even registrering a forum account and discuss stuff here. if they can't do it, they just don't do it -> quit/make something else.

• Have you considered that you might be overrating your own skill? The average player is actually quite bad in terms of mechanics and class knowledge. Quite frankly from my experience in MMOs I would rate the 'average' player around a 3 (on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being "perfect play") with a very long tail in terms of the bell curve for skill.

The 'average' player we are talking about do the following things:

• Are able to hit 40~50% of the maximum theoretical DPS in a raid setting
    • Sometimes makes mistakes that result in death (maybe 40% of the time)
    • Occasionally makes mistakes that result in group wipe (maybe 20% of the time)

Even if you look at a player that rates around a 7-8 on this scale it would be something like this:

• Are able to hit ~80% of the maximum theoretical DPS in a raid setting
    • Infrequently makes mistakes that result in death (maybe 10% of the time)
    • Very infrequently makes mistakes that result in group wipe (maybe 5% of the time)

The groups that have all 7-8s will be able to basically clear all content on release (so-far). With the pace that they're releasing content and gearing progression based on previous raid content (basically Jade Palace) I would expect a team of 5-6s (on my scale) to be able to clear Ruins within 6-8 hours of progression, which frankly isn't even that much spread across a week. Even a team full of average players should be able to clear Ruins at least once after 3 weeks of progression.

The only time I would ever consider suggesting nerfs to content is if the average player was unable to clear at all before the next raid drops. Keep in mind that raid drops are not the only avenue for obtaining gear(and quite frankly with how bad the RNG is they're probably the least reliable avenue). You do not need to clear Ruins ever to obtain i75 gear within the timeframe set by the developers as long as you are diligent in doing your dailies/weeklies, so complaining about it being too hard for you to steamroll on your first week as a 'barely better than average player' really just means you don't enjoy raid progression.

• So going by that: Normal is a synonym for avarage. So those avarage ppl should be able to clear NORMALs on a daily basis/casually, due to "everyday" "usual" "routine" are also synonyms, no? x:

• Arguments for difficulty based on the description are basically useless since there are still many issues with translations. The argument is splitting hairs at best for even a Western-developed MMO.

Let's be honest, they just called it different difficulty settings in order to reuse assets and content with minimal development. Instead of calling it drill/normal/hard/extreme would calling it 'difficulty 1/2/3/4' appease to your sensibilities better? Even going by recommended gear score would be better in terms of managing expectations.

• How about a 20 men party? When playing 2 healers 2 tanks with 11 ppl.the dps check is still too low. And every progress guild has or will beat the dungeon today, so it isnt hard enough anyway. Hardmode raids, extreme dungeon, all way too easy.

• How about a 20 men party? When playing 2 healers 2 tanks with 11 ppl.the dps check is still too low. And every progress guild has or will beat the dungeon today, so it isnt hard enough anyway. Hardmode raids, extreme dungeon, all way too easy.

are u drunk? i saw several high end streamers and they tooklike 4 hours fo 4th boss already, they made break at Dahan.

on Eu only 2 guilds cleared dahan already.

Does Dahan at least do more ability damage in hard mode? or did they just buff his HP and his damage against tanks?

sure sure, and then u wonder why it take ages to find groups for those areas... cause people skipping the content... SOLO will be the same as Wildstar... content to hard for normal people -> people will skip content -> game playerbase decreases..

there is nothing worse for an mmorpg if the devs listen to some progress people, and balance the content arround them. then the game dies -> Wildstar best example. Devs made content so hard that people couldnt beat it anymore.. look where wildstar is now.... -> Spoiler its Service is Closed... People quit games cause the content is not doable/to hard, no one quit a game cause content is to easy.

• there is nothing worse for an mmorpg if the devs listen to some progress people, and balance the content arround them. then the game dies -> Wildstar best example. Devs made content so hard that people couldnt beat it anymore.. look where wildstar is now.... -> Spoiler its Service is Closed... People quit games cause the content is not doable/to hard, no one quit a game cause content is to easy.

Game too hard? Seems legit.huorong_weird
    What will you do when extremes come?

• In most mmo...when a new raid with 3-4-5 etc bosses it's released, it's not designed to be done in the 1st week. Stop crying...finish as much as you can this week, pray for some drop and try again next week.

If you can't finish under 1h a new released raid...OMG nerf it, it's too hard bla bla...if u you finish it too fast...OMG it's too easy, we need more content...every single time, some1 like you is going to cry about some new content no matter how hard or easy that content is.

And i'm 100% sure, there are more than just 2 guilds/groups who finished all bosses.

And let's be real...you can't actually call the stuff from Jade "Mechanics" ... 90% of Jade is just a dodging game and dps contest...compared with other games where you need a master degree in mathematics and rocket science to solve the mech puzzle in raids...and the 10% left, is all about agro swamping...

• on Eu only 2 guilds cleared dahan already.

Feels good to be amongst the two guilds who completed it then huorong_stare.

Anyway, for the DPS requirements you have to remember that on the third phase Dahan takes more damage (25% iirc) and leaves puddle that increases your damage by 55% for one whole minute: 5.2k DPS is easily reachable if you know how to smash your keyboard.

Anyway, here's something that might justify Dahan's "difficulty" huorong_weird.

• there is nothing worse for an mmorpg if the devs listen to some progress people, and balance the content arround them. then the game dies -> Wildstar best example. Devs made content so hard that people couldnt beat it anymore.. look where wildstar is now.... -> Spoiler its Service is Closed... People quit games cause the content is not doable/to hard, no one quit a game cause content is to easy.

WildStar was a truly amazing game. You shouldn't berate it. I still think that Avatus is peak boss design.

Also this game clearly doesn't have the "problem" WildStar had. In WS every raid only had one difficulty, but every raid in SOLO has various difficulties. Also if hard mode was cleared in the first day I think you can't really say that it's way too hard.

WildStar was a truly amazing game. You shouldn't berate it. I still think that Avatus is peak boss design.

Also this game clearly doesn't have the "problem" WildStar had. In WS every raid only had one difficulty, but every raid in SOLO has various difficulties. Also if hard mode was cleared in the first day I think you can't really say that it's way too hard.

I've loved Wild Star from the very beginning in everything except asthetics and setting was not my thing <3 I miss it very much and am very well aware that it will never be a thing, getting this kind of mmorpg - especially none in my prefered aesthetics and setting (asian/Xianxia style).

Personally. I can accept things being hard. Tho i personally don't find it "hard", due to it being "more annoying" does not equal "Harder" by my definition.

What I abhor is, that one sinks in hours and tons of Gold with no return at all, for it isn't even fun (especially after playing things like ff14 and wildstar, this is lit. nothing. MVPs in Ragnarok were more fun, at least you had to consider elements.)

So my alternate suggestion: Make one be able to lock in a desired drop, if that doesn't drop, the are no repair fees/one gets reimbursed spent gold within the time frime from last kill, to current kill, as well as within the Instance.

Ofc it's complicated, but at least I wouldn't need to waste more money on PvE, when all I want are actually PvX things x:

nothing left for me to say. :(

For real, hardmode jade is just 2 tanks with aggro swap, and lets say so: It makes tanking even easier in my opinion. I dont know which high end streamers you watch waifu, but im connected to 7 progress guilds and all 7 had no difficultys at all. And yeah, i also think difficulty is nice when you need the 80GS for beating Dahan and are hardstuck for some weeks because you first need to upgrade youre gear so you can pass dps-check. If they would add mechanics to the bossfights that would be nice too.

And Janna, ofc ppl. quit cause the content is too easy. I will also become a Raidlogger in a week when i start a new mmorpg. And if i come back to grind solo depends on if its worth it. When no new content releases, what else could i do after jade palace hardmode and the extreme dungeons? 2 Days to play, the rest of the time you dont have content.

Not sure what you are smoking, I play on NA and I beat it with a pug. It was a decent challenge, we tried it like about 2 hours, but considering we didn't use discord or elixirs. It wasn't that hard...Pretty sure people on EU could pug it too.

Not sure what you are smoking, I play on NA and I beat it with a pug. It was a decent challenge, we tried it like about 2 hours, but considering we didn't use discord or elixirs. It wasn't that hard...Pretty sure people on EU could pug it too.

Dont know what he is on about...

At least 4 Parties from my alliance (and i know countless others), cleared it at the very least. My party cleared it on the 4th try, and since we were a bit slow -> real life takes priority we did it last on Saturday - Sunday.We did Dahan on our 4th try with 18 people, 8 were randoms, including 1 healer and 1 tank, and 4 people were already dead by the time 3rd phase started.

It was disapointingly easy... Changli and Fei Chi were harder to do then Dahan, I suspect its been heavely nerfed for our version.

We (and probably) many others just hope Extreme raids will be more of a challenge, enjoyed doing 5man Extremes very much :).

PS: We are extremly casual, just playing the game for fun. We are NOT a progress alliance that tries hard to finish everything, we do however because the content is easy, but i do personally look forward to the future raids where I can say, were leaving this part for next week, so we can have a goal something to work towards rather then finishing everything in a few tries.