Waiting Simulator

• Prologue

So. My friend and me originally were maining Healers both and had tanks as a secondary. So when doing 5Ppl stuff so we would run things twice.

Later when the JP was release first, we were finally able to go in as a Healer pair. This changed fast tho, because we seemed to have to wait longer and longer for tanks, so we ran it twice again, so we always went in as a tank/healer combo.

Current Situation

Now it changed again. Waiting times were soo long, I said fk it and we now run Hardmode as Duo Tanks. But even then the waiting time just to assamble a party of 10 let alone 14, can take hours!

That is not all. Most people tend to either: Not plan enought ime and leave after 1 boss, leave after 1 wipe etc etc. and not all at once, but one by one.

To this date i Dare say, excluding housing, i have more "Playtime" waiting than playing. And it's not like i have the time to play 24/7, I get nothing rly done. Due to the long waiting times and people constantly leaving and lack of people playing tanks, and also the increasingly obvious thing that ranged DD are easier/less likely to fk up generally than melee... all these things add to SOLO not being solo but
    Waiting Simulator: The Game

It's not even worth streaming it...

So I ask GF, you plan on doing anything about it?

• I mean... what do you expect them to do? Force people who are already done to do it again? Force people to use a role? Make DPS only raid/dungeons? Reduce the minimum amount of people per raid?

Also, you're kinda gimping yourself by only playing one mastery out of the two that your class propose.

• I mean... what do you expect them to do? Force people who are already done to do it again? Force people to use a role? Make DPS only raid/dungeons? Reduce the minimum amount of people per raid?

Also, you're kinda gimping yourself by only playing one mastery out of the two that your class propose.

Well that is a nice assumption of yours. But yea I also wonder, everytime we are waiting for a tank, the 3 Spearmasters and 3 Berserker all refuse to switch to tank <3

No matter how much I switch, I can only play one role at the same time

And what I expect them to do? Im asking because i want to know, it's a thing that needs to be adressed - yes i know GF can't actually do much when it comes to coding etc BUT, they are the ones that need to communicate it to china.

I am not sure if GF is even away of those kinds of problems or not, because i can't see a thing from them.

But honestly i don't expect anything. This kind of thing was to be expected. Such restricted content does not work with this amount of players.

• I can understand your problem. But what should WS (developers) do, after GF tell them about this problem?

The questions are still the same what Reiha already asked.

This is a only player-made problem and should be addressed to the community at most.

A "workaround" would be that you find other players who are willing to play DPS or tank either;

being flexible enough with the combination of the current group.

• Zhirelia

Added the Label Other
  • Well it's not my fault we don't have enough players do easely find groups 24/7. I could stretch it and compare it to LoL. I can easly find 9 other people within a few minutes 24/7.

We are also not able to Matchmake the "Endcontent". Due to one having to do Custom groups, there is no punishment for randmoly leaving groups or ragequitting. In my opinion there are not enough options to select in recruitment windows to define what we are looking for, and not enough text space either.

At least make give us stickers that say "Ragequiter" or "leaver" or something, and make it stickable on players card, no matter their settings.

/edit
    Another Idea: How about insstead/in addition to showing gear, how about showing avarage stats of that player for the specific content? for example. DPS, HPS, Deaths counts/within time/at boss etc, when they apply? So we could avoid trying to run with ppl that have 2.5k DPS or die within 2seconds everytime.

This is a result of how the game works (timegated, restricted,)when it comes to peoples behaviour. If there is anything anyone can do, it should not be a customers job to think and implement solutions. And lacking Tanks compared to other classes is not only a SOLO problem (for example FF14 has/had the same problem, but at least SE tried to make tanks more attractive, and this is a game where you ca be EVERYTHING on a single character). Surprisingly to me, in SOLO it's easiest to find healers - usually DDs are everywhere.

But since GF wants players to think of solutions themselves: Mine is to not care anymore. Once one leaves, I will leave too. Since i didn't manage to keep up with iLvl anyways, I don't care to keep up anymore. So I will not care for Raids anymore and wait for catchup mechanic.

This is the kind of solution I can think of a player can do.

If this is GF attitude towards it, then it's no wonder reports about botting or harassments and deaththreads apparently fall on deaf ears. Since it's also a player problem, they ought to solve the problems themselves.

Oh and NA ppl who complain about high ping, need just to move closer.

etc

• Since you've talked about both FFXIV and LoL, you should know how toxicity can be enabled easily by making statistics available. Heck, even FFXIV doesn't include a DPS meter and forbid using ACT to judge others: should SOLO do the same then, remove the DPS meter and let raid group wipe again and again because of one weight?

From what I can read from your first and second paragraph, you propose to add statistics which would aid in filtering the already low playerbase. Doesn't that go against your "waiting simulator" issue though. This is like group recruitements looking for 85gs/6k DPS and wondering why they take forever to find people... In no way do I see your propositions solving the issue. It would certainly help some people in oneshotting dungeons and going back to sleep for the rest of the week though, contributing to the dwindling the population even more.

"it should not be a customers job to think and implement solutions"

And the solutions do exists, but are they worth it from a company point? To mitigate these issues may require to revamp the game itself (e.g. timegate, gear progression) on a game that already has its content set in stone (unless devs decide to change things for our version, lol). I'm all hear on a solution that would both make the customer and GF/WS happy.

On another noter, "Oh and NA ppl who complain about high ping, need just to move closer." has the same problem (even Riot a multi-billion company can't be bothered to fix it for LoL).

• Not really. The initial waiting time when recruiting for a group for a fresh run isn't the biggest problem.

The problem is when people leave one by one, always making a whole group wait again, and then one leaving again. Esepcially after bosses were already killed (in Jade), it's harder to find people mid progress.

So filtering from the bebginning, could reduce the probability of people leaving due to others havint to low dps/dying to often etc.

And um, there are actually stats on rito stuff. Every single match is recorded with statistics.

And in FF14 there does not need to be such stastic as there is more leeway to make errors, there is no preassure to do the "hard" stuff (Primaes). It is possible to get weekly/daily gear currency just fine.
    FF14 has enough player for if 3 ppl leave in an Alliance raid, for it to be filled pretty fast - automatically btw, no manual recruiting.

in FF14 there are OPTIONS of what you want to run in order to get those things.

Solo has no equivalent options.

The time one needs to complete on 6boss run on hard with PUG in SOLO is not proportional to its rewards AT ALL, at least it doesn't feel that way, does making waiting (especially due to other ppl) even more frustrating, demotevating, boring etc.

Throughout the time since beta I've been making tons of suggestions and asking questions.

But the one time i get an answer from some kind of staff member is "sounds like a you problem". Makes one not feel really good.