Are you going to kill this game like Kingdom Under Fire II?

• No lies, No Charges and not just me... im talking with som other people and some of them tell me they dont pay any subscription...

• Hello! This game looks promising.

However Gameforge has a history of bringing in p2w and rng in games, this can ruin this new project for sure if they do.

But more I'm worried about another aspect of MMORPG gaming and for me, it's support work, access, problem-solving, and management.
    Will it be the same like on other GF games?

I'm playing one of gameforge games and I can honestly say I'm not pleased with their work. This stops me from buying and trying this game.

What will change in support managing to make players like me trust into this project and give my time and money?

• They've already started. They censored a noose icon, which already is a sign of disjointed priorities and incompetence. A censoring mind is usually one devoid of intelligence. I've been disappointed too many times to believe otherwise. This is one of the reasons MMOs have a harder time in today's market. Out of touch companies who ignore their core demo in favor of a vocal minority, destroying great potential.

• They've already started. They censored a noose icon, which already is a sign of disjointed priorities and incompetence. A censoring mind is usually one devoid of intelligence. I've been disappointed too many times to believe otherwise. This is one of the reasons MMOs have a harder time in today's market. Out of touch companies who ignore their core demo in favor of a vocal minority, destroying great potential.

I have to disagree for a bit there, the noose icon is censored for race sensitive region especially in the US. I won't go in-depth as to why because you may or not know already about it (the noose). Current political climate in the US lately has not been great between each group so they just being extra careful, especially if they currently have a heavy hype/ public exposure. This might seem a bit unnecessary to us, but it can get them (company) in a lot of trouble legally/PR issues.

• I'm fully in love with SOLO and fully support the game, but I kinda agree that there may be more microtransactions needed on top of having cosmetics in the store. I assume perhaps in the future gameforge will have to look at some sort of premium subscription based thing for extra perks like BnS has for a solid source of revenue.

Like Deadlight mentioned, the game has survived for many years in China, but their model is buying time to play which is kind of like a subscription based model so they also have a concrete source of revenue.

I think it would to obvious to approach SOLO with a grain of salt if you're (no specific you) skeptical of gameforge publishing it, but maintaining a positive outlook will help you enjoy the game more! (:

premium/VIP subs are setting one foot into p2w since these often bring along currency, movement, cooldown boosts. Like GW2 they could, instead, sell convenience perks like waypoint unlocks (good for new alts), inventory space and even character slots - I was surprised GF made a stance against selling char slots and even expanded the initial 5 to 6 (though it makes obvious sense because, 6 classes); I'd be perfectly okay with something like 4 or even 3 initial slots, then selling more in the cash shop.

It's hard to predict how well a game will do when there's so many variables and we don't even know the basic metrics only publishers and developers have but I agree with you, keeping up a positive outlook myself! I'd add the game should strive to keep its vision and focus on what makes it stand out. No need to try to outgrow itself as long as there's a healthy and happy playerbase.

I have to disagree for a bit there, the noose icon is censored for race sensitive region especially in the US. I won't go in-depth as to why because you may or not know already about it (the noose). Current political climate in the US lately has not been great between each group so they just being extra careful, especially if they currently have a heavy hype/ public exposure. This might seem a bit unnecessary to us, but it can get them (company) in a lot of trouble legally/PR issues.

No, they can't get in legal trouble, and lol if you think any of these games are big enough to have media attention like that. They WISH they had that level of attention. Also, I never even thought about it being a race thing. I thought it would be because suicide, since they even changed the name. But the fact that you thought of it tells me a lot about your thought process, and (if you are right) THEIR thought process, which just proves my point. They did it because it offended THEIR personal sensibilities.

• Not their, per say it the player who will play. You can't never tell how an individual will react seeing it, like you may find it unnecessary, but most (players) will not take a liking to the noose icon. So they rather not have player make a post about it later on and decided to nip it at the bud. They could legally be in trouble since people will argue it to be hate crime, consider what the noose play in the history of the US. I don't why I bringing it up is a view on my thought process, or me being personal sensibilities. I'm just giving you a view of why they might decide to censored it, you can said I'm standing in someone else shoe and looking at their point of view. I also remember reading somewhere on the forum that stated the reason why they did it exactly that. And even if SOLO isn't big they still need to follow certain guides line/level of what is acceptable to their players and the country they are publish the game. And yes certain game can get media attention if it cause enough uproar, and the internet make it so much easier to do so.

No, they can't get in legal trouble, and lol if you think any of these games are big enough to have media attention like that. They WISH they had that level of attention. Also, I never even thought about it being a race thing. I thought it would be because suicide, since they even changed the name. But the fact that you thought of it tells me a lot about your thought process, and (if you are right) THEIR thought process, which just proves my point. They did it because it offended THEIR personal sensibilities.

It isn't just about "sensibilities" - it's about real people, real tragedies, real prejudice. Things seemingly small like a noose symbol, a sports team name, or even a game mode (e.g. Battle Royale) have history. Our society has unfortunately spiraled down a narrow path where "official" narratives become truth by eclipsing not only factual developments but also dissent, through indifference, ridicule and even persecution.

This debate, I'm afraid, might conflict with the guidelines of these forums so I'll simply suggest for you to look past and beyond mainstream channels of communication. Look into the history of things and people, and how they reflect - and explain - current issues.

• A video game forum is no place for your political activism. Go preach somewhere else.

Btw, when I see a noose, I don't immediately think of black people. I don't know, maybe I'm the weird one, but that's just not a normal thought process for me. Usually when I play a video game, I am not thinking about real life. People might want to get that one checked out.

• No, they can't get in legal trouble, and lol if you think any of these games are big enough to have media attention like that. They WISH they had that level of attention. Also, I never even thought about it being a race thing. I thought it would be because suicide, since they even changed the name. But the fact that you thought of it tells me a lot about your thought process, and (if you are right) THEIR thought process, which just proves my point. They did it because it offended THEIR personal sensibilities.

The point is that the GF has the right to censor any aspect of the game to avoid image or financial loss. If you don't agree with this, you can discuss it with the GF legal department, but you must remember that this is not your sandbox where you make the rules, you have come to visit and agreed to the rules of your hosts!

• No, they can't get in legal trouble, and lol if you think any of these games are big enough to have media attention like that. They WISH they had that level of attention. Also, I never even thought about it being a race thing. I thought it would be because suicide, since they even changed the name. But the fact that you thought of it tells me a lot about your thought process, and (if you are right) THEIR thought process, which just proves my point. They did it because it offended THEIR personal sensibilities.

The point is that the GF has the right to censor any aspect of the game to avoid image or financial loss. If you don't agree with this, you can discuss it with the GF legal department, but you must remember that this is not your sandbox where you make the rules, you have come to visit and agreed to the rules of your hosts!

Oh, "muh private company argument." Never heard that one before. Just because you struggle with grasping basic concepts doesn't mean everyone else does, so spare us the useless platitudes. You present facts that are obvious to everyone as some revelation. "Muh private company" doesn't preclude one from having an opinion.

GF's legal department never said they can't have a noose in a game. That is absurd. If they did, they should hire new ones.

Btw, I don't think you know what a private company even is. A private company is a company that is privately owned. A public company is a company that is publicly traded and owned by it's shareholders, and they are subject to different regulations. Most of the time you people say "muh private company" it's actually a public company. Seriously, look up "public company", it's not that hard to use google. This is like the AR "ArmaLite" vs "assault rifle", or clips vs magazines, or wheels vs tires. Just because a bunch of people use a wrong label, doesn't make it right.

Not their, per say it the player who will play. You can't never tell how an individual will react seeing it, like you may find it unnecessary, but most (players) will not take a liking to the noose icon. So they rather not have player make a post about it later on and decided to nip it at the bud. They could legally be in trouble since people will argue it to be hate crime, consider what the noose play in the history of the US. I don't why I bringing it up is a view on my thought process, or me being personal sensibilities. I'm just giving you a view of why they might decide to censored it, you can said I'm standing in someone else shoe and looking at their point of view. I also remember reading somewhere on the forum that stated the reason why they did it exactly that. And even if SOLO isn't big they still need to follow certain guides line/level of what is acceptable to their players and the country they are publish the game. And yes certain game can get media attention if it cause enough uproar, and the internet make it so much easier to do so.

Again, they WISH the game would spark a media uproar. That's a lie. If their lawyers told them, that's a lie. If they say "cuz we think maybe people offended.", that's plausible. If they say "WE were offended", I believe them.

People act like the last explanation is absurd. It's really not. You know, NCSoft once censored a quest where you steal a woman's clothes because it "made the staff feel uncomfortable." But you know what they DIDN'T censor? The outfits, even some of the REALLY lewd ones, and even for the loli race. AT least they were honest! I don't appreciate liars.

Really impressive though, honestly. Usually it's no censor, or censor all the way. All I am saying, is GameForge should say something in this regard. It really shouldn't be hard. For BnS, NCSoft staff said in a livestream, when people asked them about censorship, that they would not alter any costumes in the game, NO COSTUME CENSORSHIP. They said it. They censored other things, but not costumes. The game was censored in China, but not in the west.

The fact that it's too hard for GF to say it does not bode well. You would think it would be good PR, because companies never want to say it, usually when they want to do it. They usually aren't up front about it, because they know, and you know if you're being honest, that censorship NEVER works as a selling point. It really doesn't. If it did, they would list it as a feature. You break even at best, lose a large portion of your audience (or whales) at worst. Again, if the media made a stink, that would only boost sales. You know gamer mentality, "oh snowflakes mad! based department! I want to play game now!" Then they go and play game.

• True, bad or good publicity is still PR and as for why they didn't announce the censorship god know. And I agreed, if they want to censor something let the community know why they do this ect, and maybe touch-base on what will be change in the future to fit the players base here in the West. My guess is they didn't know we would notice the change, they just want to do it before it become public issues. I never really play a GF game before, so I wouldn't know half the stuffs you suffer before. I'm not going to rule out your doubt and speculation on GF ability to handle this game and won't turn it to a mess. But I would like to give a benefit of a doubt, and changing the noose icon it probably not on my list of incompetence. We all have different expectation for the company, so by all right you have your opinion. I hope my personal opinion didn't come out as an attack to you :D

• Preaching? lol, I just gave you some very basic pointers and retreated from discussing further exactly for the reason you're calling me out for... after I had mentioned it.

I'm sorry if I offended you, that wasn't my intention. All I meant to do was to suggest you be careful with symbols and language, out of their meaning and history. Good luck on your endeavors, and enjoy the game ;)

• Yeah, very basic pointers, my snide and haughty fellow. I call that a tirade.

• I don't really like the recent trajectory of this thread, it feels very "I demand a response, or otherwise".

Nonetheless, as we have already mentioned on several other channels (and for example our extensive QnA stream that we did early on), we don't plan to adjust, censor or change any content coming to us from CN. That includes costumes.

Of course the possibility that will change is always there - I can only speak for the current status of production.

Hope that answer helps to set your mind at ease, this topic really seems to keep you on your toes.

• I don't really like the recent trajectory of this thread, it feels very "I demand a response, or otherwise".

Nonetheless, as we have already mentioned on several other channels (and for example our extensive QnA stream that we did early on), we don't plan to adjust, censor or change any content coming to us from CN. That includes costumes.

Of course the possibility that will change is always there - I can only speak for the current status of production.

Hope that answer helps to set your mind at ease, this topic really seems to keep you on your toes.

I know you would never have time for anything else if you were to answer every question, but it is a much appreciated response, my good fellow.

You know, I contacted their legal department like you suggested (really, the burden of proof should be on you), but they didn't reply. I asked them if their legal experts have ever advised altering content in their game. I got a stock response, telling me if I needed support to contact the relevant game's support team. I'm convinced they don't even have a legal department, and their "legal department" is probably just an empty closet. lol

• People act like the last explanation is absurd. It's really not. You know, NCSoft once censored a quest where you steal a woman's clothes because it "made the staff feel uncomfortable." But you know what they DIDN'T censor? The outfits, even some of the REALLY lewd ones, and even for the loli race. AT least they were honest! I don't appreciate liars.

That quest wasn't censored because you took her clothes, it was changed because taking the nymphs clothes forced her to marry him by means of a binding magical contract, and as usual, that caused the outrage police to get on their soap boxes when most people just completed the quest and moved on.