Are you going to kill this game like Kingdom Under Fire II?

• gameforge will have to look at some sort of premium subscription based thing for extra perks like BnS has for a solid source of revenue.

I think BP with the expected price of $ 10, will be an additional source of constant income

• gameforge will have to look at some sort of premium subscription based thing for extra perks like BnS has for a solid source of revenue.

I think BP with the expected price of $ 10, will be an additional source of constant income

Granted how BP will be purely cosmetics it would most likely be not likely to be a constant flow of income. If purely cosmetics will give constant flow of revenue then having cash shop should be enticing enough. I feel like there will be no incentives for players to buy into it unlike how China/Taiwan forces you to buy minutes to play and BnS giving you noticeable perks to entice players to subscribe which provides a solid revenue flow.

But at the end of the day this is just speculation, and hopefully cosmetics in this game will generate enough income to keep this game going for years like it has in China. I am fully looking forward to this game and will be putting in money to fund my cosmetic addictions haha.

• 1. 1 server per region, some red flags in this alone

2. 1 time payment models never work, there will be many microtransactions. Eventually they will reach the point of pay to win to attract more buyers.

I havent actually got into the game yet but these are just a few points that stood out to me about the longevity.

"1 time payment models never work"
    Eve...
    GW2...
    FFXIV...
    BDO...

Valheim...
    TemTem...
    Every Diablo game...
    Monster Hunter: World...
    TSW...
    ESO...
    etc...
    Actually, buy to play is the most sucesfull payment model in western regions... even if all those games have an internal cash shop, some of then even have some elements "pay 2 fast" or directly "pay 2 win", still the most sucesfull bussines model in western regions, when the worst one is actually subscription model, just check, today the only reason why thta model still worth, is because 2 games.
    WoW and Dofus.

Just check some stadistics... so, dont bury this game that fast...

gameforge will have to look at some sort of premium subscription based thing for extra perks like BnS has for a solid source of revenue.

Granted how BP will be purely cosmetics it would most likely be not likely to be a constant flow of income. If purely cosmetics will give constant flow of revenue then having cash shop should be enticing enough. I feel like there will be no incentives for players to buy into it unlike how China/Taiwan forces you to buy minutes to play and BnS giving you noticeable perks to entice players to subscribe which provides a solid revenue flow.

But at the end of the day this is just speculation, and hopefully cosmetics in this game will generate enough income to keep this game going for years like it has in China. I am fully looking forward to this game and will be putting in money to fund my cosmetic addictions haha.

Yeah, but i heard that those cosmetics in the BP would be exclusive ones that you cannot get from Cash Shop or game either and not only cosmetics... you can also win small amount of all kind of cash shop currencys to save them and shop cosmetics from cash shop... as far as i know, there are some cosmetics things that you can only shop for seasons or events and if you don't get them in that moment, then you need to wait to the next year to be bought (not all, there are some cosmetics that are actually permanent in the cash shop, but there are others that works only for seasons or events), so with BP you just get small amounts of currency, not enought to shop anything instantly but with some time having monthly BP, you get enought... also, you got exclusive cosmetics that you can only get from that...

And thats how it gonna works apparently.

• Also this game is "1 server per region" only on the front end.

Each "server" is actually multiple physical servers on the backend, each of them being able to handle a lot of players (as much as a normal server on other MMOs).

I think it's a much better solution as it unite the community instead of spliting it, and that's the main point of an MMO.

And due to this system, no, it's not showing that they are expecting it to fail at all, why would they even put so much ressources into it since a year already otherwise.

And you guys fail to realise how much money a 40€ b2p already generate, as well as how much money people are willing to put into cosmetic. Especially when it's not "RNG box" and even more so when it's account wide cosmetics. Much more people are willing (and will) put money into such shop more than they would ever had if it was a P2W/RNG cashshop and character bound cosmetic.

I understand the concerns some people here have since this game is published by gameforge, on the other hand most games directions are due to their devs (even cashshops) more than the publishers themselves... Best exemple being Tera, gameforge can't do shit about it, game is failing thanks to bad devs, I wish more people know this.

And Gameforge also improved overtime imo, it's a much better publisher than it was 5 - 8 years ago.

Also, SOLO devs dont allow cashshop, they are also running SOLO just fine in China since 3 years with a lot of regular updates and a lot of players, meaning the game health is also doing well, and Chinese devs dont have the same mindset as Korean MMO devs (heavy on the microtransaction/grind/p2w as a way to build MMOs).

So while I understand the concerns many people here have, I think it's better to inform yourself instead of throwing so much unfounded negativity.

Yeah, but i heard that those cosmetics in the BP would be exclusive ones that you cannot get from Cash Shop or game either and not only cosmetics... you can also win small amount of all kind of cash shop currencys to save them and shop cosmetics from cash shop... as far as i know, there are some cosmetics things that you can only shop for seasons or events and if you don't get them in that moment, then you need to wait to the next year to be bought (not all, there are some cosmetics that are actually permanent in the cash shop, but there are others that works only for seasons or events), so with BP you just get small amounts of currency, not enought to shop anything instantly but with some time having monthly BP, you get enought... also, you got exclusive cosmetics that you can only get from that...

And thats how it gonna works apparently.

I get that, but I would assume not everyone is as into cosmetics and willing to put money into that as much as I or many of you guys are. They'll definitely get a consistent flow of revenue from me because I anticipate spending quite regularly for cosmetics, but I don't foresee everyone doing that. The fact is, it's not guaranteed income which can and may cause this game to either die due to lack of revenue or change up it's payment model.

You listed several games here but I'll just touch on the ones I'm familiar with. FFXIV and BDO are both subscribe to play games I believe. This gives the companies who look after these games a guaranteed flow of revenue from these games on monthly bases which can be well budgeted (i.e. this month we have x amount of active players to pay y amount of money to us so we'll have x(y) in total to run our company). Comparatively SOLO is purely buy and play type of game with no P2W aspects to entice those who are not into cosmetics (or have better self control than I do) to spend money in this game.

SOLO does a really good job in making this game F2P after purchasing the game with a strong focus on spending money to make your character more unique (i.e. more eye colours, styles, makeup, etc.). But I'm skeptical that this would create enough funding in the long run to give GF enough monthly revenue to budget.

That being said, I am still fully optimistic on the success of SOLO because so far the game is great (minus some translation/workplacement issues), and being a fan of classic Chinese mythologies I'm fully content in offering my monetary support in exchange for cosmetic items :3

• 2 Servers for the West is a starting point. It doesn't have to remain 2 servers or mean just 2 servers but more likely server clusters that are tied to a specific data center (1 in EU and 1 in NA). It is common practice for MMOs to release very few servers initially and add more servers later if the demand (actual metrics not...."I need Brazil server naowh" from a minority that the publisher can't justify -- this is an example only btw)

You also have to keep in mind this is a Eastern MMO from China and a very highly stylized one at that....A good portion of Western MMO players may have seen a Korean MMO before boob sliders and all....this isn't Korean this is Chinese and a much more conservative and wuxia/xianxia based MMO which most Western audiences have never experienced. The vast majority might have seen Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon once upon a time and that's it. So 1 server in NA and 1 in EU is a smart move with room to grow from a publisher and developer stand point.

It is a MUCH bigger issue to release too many servers than just to have queue times and overpopulated servers at launch. You can have players move to lower population servers early on and not feel too far behind....forcing developers/publisher to merge low population servers that die out because they made too many at the start is a MUCH bigger disaster and much more issues on the backend with server transfers, items, name changes, cash shop items purchased, collectors edition exlusives, etc, etc.

Play through the CBT2 let them get their numbers and watch closely on launch date how they handle server management changes/addition when they have the information they need to make a smart decision financially as well as functionally for the existing playerbase that have on LAUNCH not just a general idea from an Alpha and a weekend closed beta that may not even remotely represent how much interest this game will have at launch. Hold a publisher accountable for their mistakes when they make them, not because they are being cautious and SMART/Realistic about their actual playerbase at launch.

Rants of an avid MMO player. We've all seen the train wrecks, we all are aware we've probably got 2 other train wrecks on the way in the MMO market from stuff those other publishers have already SHOWN pre-release on those games...this Publisher with THIS game has been up front with us and played by the rules thus far. No reason to flame them for being a straight shooter thus far in THIS game.

If you are upset that you're going to have a high ping on an NA/EU data center...it sucks...but if there isn't enough of a demand in your region, market, country...that isn't a developer's fault nor a publishers...they have to go where the money is and the potential playerbase to sustain their game. Especially a game that is highly stylized like SOLO.

On another note if they don't make enough money in the cash shop with cosmetics or a battlepass system with cosmetics the logical choice and the choice the developers obviously prefer is swapping to a flat subscription not a p2w cash shop. Especially one that has to be created for a game that has no p2w in every other region and was designed to not have it. The p2w that so many other games are designed with from the ground up.

So buy those cosmetics and maybe we won't be buying game time or a subscription like WoW. Just sayin. If you want a p2w system instead of subscription (if this game's cash shop isn't a success), I'm sure Elyon will be available quite soon after the launch of SOLO and I'm sure it'll have tons of servers for all the open world pvp crowd that will swarm to that game for a few months till the monetization gets too much. After all we have choices in MMOs for once in nearly half a decade. So you can pick which one or multiple ones that suit your gaming needs, monetization, and geographical constraints. But this game and it's developers and the IP are not your typical Western MMO creators, or whatever Amazon is, nor is it your run of the mill Korean MMO that is fun for a few months for most Western audiences and then dies out quickly. Treat this game for what it is...a successful subscription based MMO from China (not Korea) that was designed without pay 2 win. It is something we haven't seen or not for a very long time. It is not BnS, BDO, Elyon or any of these other Korean titles that fail or could fall for a plethora of reasons (such as p2w, loot boxes, rng fail stacking gear, heavy grind and time constraints --- none of that is SOLO).

Enjoy your options, we have some! But not really much to compare SOLO that we've had access to in the West. Papa's got a brand new bag.

• This thread is absolutely ridiculous.

What, do you expect an Gameforge employee to come and post on the 2nd page "Yeah" or something? lol

Someone else's opinions or how many likes I can receive will never go into consideration before I press submit to any of my posts.

Ignorance remains forever ignored.

• What, do you expect an Gameforge employee to come and post on the 2nd page "Yeah" or something?

Well now that you dared me to...

Jokes aside, I believe it's a mix of genuine worry and the idea of "making us look bad" in front of other players. It's very similar to people joining our stream and asking whether there will "really be no p2w". What do they expect us to say? Of course the answer will be no.

But on one hand it does help to get that re-affirmed by the publisher / developer, on the other hand you have something to punish them with if they do end up breaking their promise and on the third hand (yes, we have three now), you can use the question to make other users aware of these past happenings. Like in this specific case a large majority probably never heard of KuF2 before and the OP wants to use it as a cautionary tale for other players. Which is entirely in his right of course.

In the end though, like you say, we can't really give a satisfying answer on this. Of course we don't plan to kill the game, I don't think anybody ever does. We'll just do our best, hope for the best and see what comes out on the other side!

• Thank you, and I've done my job of preordering a copy for my brother and one for myself, Hyped all my friends up about this game. Don't let us down and thank you for your response.

This actually goes a long way to quell the fears I've had from dipping my toes into the pool of Kingdom Under Fire II

• you people are ridiculous. the buy to play model for this game is fine. This game is Buy to Play done right. No ingame advantages for buying cosmetics, no pay to win (SO FAR and for three years in China. Its not had Pay2win Implemeneted.) Your time commitment, and skill pay off in the end and the battle pass that is shown and given here is purely cosmetic. AND THERE IS ALOT HERE WITH THE COSMETIC SYSTEM. Holy shit! when's the last time you saw a cosmetic item change how your animation looks slightly? there a sword in this game that turns the berserkers cloudripper into a animation where darkblue flames shroud the slicing attack over the wind element the animation has normally. The combat system is fluid and actually quite fast paced and enjoyable. WHAT MORE DO YOU PEOPLE WANT? GET OVER THE FACT Gameforge is publishing the game.. THEY ARE JUST THE PUBLISHERS NOT THE FREAKING GAME DEVELOPERS HOW MANY TIMES DOES THIS HAVE TO GET STATED!?!?!?

• you people are ridiculous. the buy to play model for this game is fine. This game is Buy to Play done right. No ingame advantages for buying cosmetics, no pay to win (SO FAR and for three years in China. Its not had Pay2win Implemeneted.) Your time commitment, and skill pay off in the end and the battle pass that is shown and given here is purely cosmetic. AND THERE IS ALOT HERE WITH THE COSMETIC SYSTEM. Holy shit! when's the last time you saw a cosmetic item change how your animation looks slightly? there a sword in this game that turns the berserkers cloudripper into a animation where darkblue flames shroud the slicing attack over the wind element the animation has normally. The combat system is fluid and actually quite fast paced and enjoyable. WHAT MORE DO YOU PEOPLE WANT? GET OVER THE FACT Gameforge is publishing the game.. THEY ARE JUST THE PUBLISHERS NOT THE FREAKING GAME DEVELOPERS HOW MANY TIMES DOES THIS HAVE TO GET STATED!?!?!?

problem is people dont think and mistake publishers and dev's as one and the same

• Both BDO and FFXIV are Buy To Play... i have both actually, and you dont need to spend anything more each month, all the games I put on the list are buy to play, buy once, play forever... each one have different cash shop, in example; BDO have a p2w cash shop and because is a hard RNG based game, you can buy in cash shop a lot of things to help your RNG and have the best things like T8-T9 Horses... FFXIV has a cash shop too, but that game is basically how is this supposed to be... only Cosmetics... and as you know, FFXIV is doing very well economically (Same for BDO)... for games like FFXIV is that I personally give the opportunity to games like SOLO... Also something important to mention is that the cash shop of our servers will continue to be controlled by the developer in China and not by the publisher (gameforge)...

I dont have a lot of money to spend on games, but in the same time, same as you, i don't have any issues to spend a little in some cosmetics...

• I'm totally fine with them adding cosmetics and BP at the end buying the game is not going to be enough for developers and the company to sustain their business. You can choose whether you just buy to play or buy and support the developers buying from the cash shop.

And for the people comparing FFXIV have 1 million active non-trial players according to Lodestone database census. In addition, the Director of FFXIV mentioned at E3 that the game has reached the highest number of active subscribers in the game's history. Calculating that in USD is 14 million a month and 168 Million a year in revenue Hate or love.

So long storied short sooner or later we will have to support them so they can continued running their business and dropping new contents in the future.

"A Wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to."

• Both BDO and FFXIV are Buy To Play... i have both actually, and you dont need to spend anything more each month

Except for the fact that it's not true. You must pay a subscription fee in order to be able to play FFXIV.

That! I just canceled my subscription a month ago, as I wasn't playing for a while.... And you definitilly need a sub to play...
    I personally would also have liked the playtime based sub they have in china, as I normally just play for hours and then maybe not for days, so a monthly sub always feels pressuring me to play the game as much as possible...

So I'm fine with both ways, but wouldn't mind also to switch to a gametime based model as they have in china.

I also would definitely pay for a char boost for twinks... Don't get me wrong, its totally ok for me to level them myself, but being someone who acutally likes plaing different classes it sometimes feels like a chore to level up my alts by going to the story again. So a boost for alts after reeching max level in main would be something I definitelly would buy and not mind them adding in the game. Or give us something like the bounties or Portals in D3 to level up alts alternatively then doing all the story quests again.

Also I don't know what to think about being forced to repeat dungeons for better gear. Would love to get to max gear otherwise, as I'm not a dungeon grinder per se.... But Hey, design decissions have to be made and as far as I played in CBT1 I freaking love the game, can't wait to play again tomorrow and finally have lauch hopfully soon

• Both BDO and FFXIV are Buy To Play... i have both actually, and you dont need to spend anything more each month

Except for the fact that it's not true. You must pay a subscription fee in order to be able to play FFXIV.

Are u sure guys?, because it can't just be me and my ex... we buy the 60 dolars complete edition like 3 years ago, and we never spend more money for a suscription and we can play normally until today without any charges or issues... the only thing we need to buy are the expansions like the actual endwalker... so thats why i talk about FFXIV being B2P... We bought the game, and we have never paid a subscription during these 3 years neither in her account or in mine, and she has bought all the expansions, I have not... Maybe we bought the game during some promotion where by buying it at that time we would never have to pay subscriptions or maybe it is because of the region where we live...

Disagree.

This is where the words that always work come in play "exclusive" and "limited" etc. Especiall if someone like the stuf in BP they will buy it. And some who not particularly like it, will still buy it, due to being some kind of completist or collector, or just because of the "prestige".

It's a thing that actually works.

• Uh yes You have to pay a subscription, perhaps you should check your bank account because it is charging you... Or some one else or you are a habitual liar and have no clue what you are talking about.