Pre-Download Problem with Gameforge Launcher

• Meep again,

I cannot say for Giarc.

I know Katramis tried around 4-5 times with deinstall and install. A new folder in D: was created (D:/SOLO) - but still after pressing "install" button client says he cant use this folder.

D: is the only way for Katramis, cause C: doesnt have enough space

Only for all of you I deinstalled the entire game to test it ...

Results:

Test failed because download is working perfectly ;(

(Path: D:\Swords of Legends Online)

Okay ...

Do you have a second device to test it there, too (then copy the files on a external drive etc.)?

• I tried everything mentioned in previous replies .

sadly nothing works at all i still get the Error message ( An unexpected exception occurred )

so any luck we get a real backup from the game Dev soon ?

• Okay, gonna run through some/several odd steps, these may be tedious if you are tech savvy, so apologies in advance.

Essentially the client is reaching out to the website and is either failing to negotiate the hand shake for the data transfer, or you may not have elevated privileges for the game client. EG: The game client isnt running with admin privileges. This can be due to security settings on your machine, or you are not logged in with an admin level account.

Simplest thing first:

1> Close the Gameforge client if you have it open.

2> Right click the Gameforge launcher (gfclient.exe), and run as administrator. Its default location is here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\GameforgeClient or alternatively just search for gfclient.exe

3> Make sure the folder you want to put it in is already created, and has no files in it.

4> You'll need to do the folder thing again, and likely has to be done twice, cause the first time the system checks if the folder is empty or if it has something in it. If there is anything in it, it will fail.

If the game connects and starts downloading at this point, you're good to go. Just keep it in mind, as when patch day hits you'll probably need to do the same to get the update.

If the above doesnt work, you may need to check some other settings, and there could be a number of them.

1> TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.1 has not been disabled. If your machine gets updates regularly, they are likely already disabled. If you are on Win10 and are not at least on 1903, you must update your OS. You can check your TLS settings by opening that ancient browser (internet explorer) settings with: inetcpl.cpl

You can just hit the start button, and type the above in and it should be a selection for you. You can then go to the advanced tab and remove TLS 1.0 and 1.1 from the checked boxes. I typically see this issue with SQL, so why i've listed it, even though i have no way to verify the game client uses those methods to connect/negotiate. Maybe a GM/Dev, could give some insight.

While on this settings window, you can also try to add the site to your "trusted sites", and simply add https://gameforge.com to the list. If you are able to download other games from the client, this method can be skipped however.

2> Deep dive time, you'll need to open your event viewer (type it after clicking start for you to select it).

Click applications on the left pane after it finishes loading. Look at the logs presented for warnings, errors or critical events. If you find any listings there, that reference gameforge, i'd recommend opening a ticket with support and forward them what the event states. If you are more savvy, you'll probably be able to google-fu the error code, or reference part of the error itself and may find something you can do to correct it.

3> Just cause others have found it helpful, connect to a VPN and try to run the client again. For several people this has worked for them.

Just a few things people can check at least, i make no promises they will work for everyone, but it will remove some potential road blocks for you.

• i try to do all things but none of that works for me, hope this works for someone else... the event viewer dont generate anything bad about GameForge launcher... just audits and normal things...

i try to do all things but none of that works for me, hope this works for someone else... the event viewer dont generate anything bad about GameForge launcher... just audits and normal things...

Just something i saw someone post in discord for the game.

Some people downloaded it to an external drive and moved it over to the folder they made.

Something to try if people are still having issues downloading.

• Well i tried what xovian says, disabled tsl 1.0, 1.1, restarted pc, started gfclient as administrator but i instantly get the "Error: Folder cannot be selected as target folder." when clicking install once.

I downloaded the game on my Laptop now and transfered the data over and maybe i can start the game without launcher tmrw since the SOLO folder has an "SOLO_Launcher.exe" in there, so hopefully that will work cause the client wont accept the full folder either ofc.

• Hi!

Sorry you're all having problems with this! If you're still having problems, it would be nice it you could contact Support at https://solo.support.gameforge.com/index.php?lang=en and describe the problem to them. They should be able to help and it will also help us collect information about this problem to fix it. Here's a nice guide to contacting support: [How to] Contacting the Support

Raederle

• Anyone got a different answer from support? they just tell me this...

"We have forwarded the description of your problem to our SOLO Team, so a fix can be implemented. It is not possible to fix your account alone, therefore we ask for your patience and understanding.

Unfortunately, we cannot give you the current information about the state of things."

• fun fact , some player

Anyone got a different answer from support? they just tell me this...

"We have forwarded the description of your problem to our SOLO Team, so a fix can be implemented. It is not possible to fix your account alone, therefore we ask for your patience and understanding.

Unfortunately, we cannot give you the current information about the state of things."

yeah , every one got the same answer , even me , so , ppl spend $$$ for beta access and u cant even play since day 1 hahaha , i see alot of refund tomorrow...

• fun fact , some player

yeah , every one got the same answer , even me , so , ppl spend $$$ for beta access and u cant even play since day 1 hahaha , i see alot of refund tomorrow...

It also works for a lot of ppl.... Close every background programm you don't need or maybe run windows in safe mode and try if this works. You could even do a fresh install of windows and see if that helps. The problem could just be that you messed with some settings, so I wouldn't just point my finger at Gameforge. It's hard to make a programm work on every PC, so just give them some time.

• fun fact , some player

It also works for a lot of ppl.... Close every background programm you don't need or maybe run windows in safe mode and try if this works. You could even do a fresh install of windows and see if that helps. The problem could just be that you messed with some settings, so I wouldn't just point my finger at Gameforge. It's hard to make a programm work on every PC, so just give them some time.

The problem is with gameforge only... all steam players can download game normally, and all the people having issues are only players of GameForge launcher... thats pretty sad since i shop the game directly from gameforge instead of steam just to support GameForge because i know Steam get a part of the money when you shop the game from Steam... so a good way to support publisher is shop the game from them... but at this point, i guess is better just ask for refund...

• I had this problem on one PC with lets call user1.

The difference between my user2 on PC was that:

user1 - in Group Users. So installation requires to fill admin password.

user2 - my PC, in Group Admins, no password required to enhance permissions for client.

Result:

user2 - no errror

user1 - error like above.

Conclusion:

Try to replace your user group from Users to Admin.

• Hey there,

So I got the same problem occuring when trying to install the game with Gameforge Client.

I always tried to install it on E:\ (where I install all my games and softwares, ..., C:\ is mostly for my system) and with different solutions :

Change the region, disable shortcut creation, enable all privileges for admin/user on my PC on the gameforge client executable, use simple folder names such as "fafa", but nothing changed....

Then I tried to install it on the default C:\ disk as suggested by a few people here, in a random "ff" folder at the root of the disk (could probably be a different folder name and not placed at the root).

Magic! It worked and now the game is downloading.

So, whatever with the D:\ Disk, I will let it this way.

Still, strange...

See you!

• I tried installing on both disks and it wouldn't work even with enough space.

However, I haven't tried moving the Gameforge launcher file from C to D and then try to install the game in the Gameforge file.

I heard it solved the issue for some people..