Steam vs GF Launcher

• Will there be any differences between the launchers or special "privileges" given to those using Gameforge Launcher?

It's common that companies offer discounts or better deals when using their own services over others, especially in cases with steam who I believe takes something around 15-30% cut on every purchase. We already have seen extra beta keys being offered to those who preorder using the GF launcher over steam. Will we see things like that in the future as well, such as discounts, exclusive packages, etc., or can Gameforge promise that each platform will be treated equally?

• Zhirelia

Added the Label Other
  • Besides of the natural "problem" of Steam not to give of beta keys,

there's no privileges or restrictions for using this or that launcher.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Right now yes, but what I'm wondering is more about the future. From what I heard there are other Gameforge games where exclusive deals are given to those playing from their own Launcher, I haven't looked into this myself so I'm going simply of the word of mouth on this. Can a Gameforge employee promise that they have no plans to do these sort of "special treatments" to those using their own launcher?

Would like a response from an actual Gameforge employee, although I am completely fine with you or any other of the mods forwarding the message as long as it's made clear the response comes from an official source. Nothing against you guys as mods, you all are doing a lovely job so far from what I can see.

• Currently, purchasing coins ( for costumes) thru the different clients has a overall difference, im unsure if intended.

Both clients 199.99 usd for 34500,coins, however the client launched seems thru gameforge launcher seems to have an additional bonus of 100coins/10$ if you pay using a "top payment method" that steam does not have.

Is there any way for steam users to pay thru the same methods besides just steam wallet, or is this how its intended to be?

I'd like to seek clarity if its intended to be the case, so I can plan accordingly on which platform to proceed with, as the difference in coins may quickly add up for me.

Given that there are already differences, I too would like to avoided being blindsided like the OP.

kboqk7S.png

• This is a non-intentional issue and they are currently looking into it to have it fixed.

The prices should be the same.

The only difference is, some "Top Payment Methods" should give bonus currency.

Otherwise, pricing should be the same.

• It's just the bonus I'm wondering about actually, the base prices are the same for me in USD (though ive heard in euro its different) , if GF is intended to have bonus over steam, I'll just ditch my steam set and run with GF instead.

• "Additional" Bonus for Gameforge Client is intended from the last confirmation we received from @Noemi

Also, as this is just the beta, this may change in the future.

• Yes exactly. This is what I'm trying to get confirmation on too. While I do prefer steam, if those who bought the game using GF own methods get special bonuses and such over steam users, then obviously I'd go for GF launcher. Just want some transparency on it from Gameforge.

Sorry for the double post mods, don't have my head for it. Q_Q

After checking with a guildmate, we can confirm that those who buy on GF website instead of steam do get additional Crimson Coins.

Using GF Client: 10$ = 1200 Crimson Coins

Using Steam Client: 10$ = 1000 Crimson Coins

It's a pretty shitty move for sure, but I get why companies do this since Steam takes a pretty hefty cut from payments. But at the very least you guys could be more transparent about it. Can we get an official response on if GF will continue to do things like this or not? I want to know if I can actually buy the game on steam or if I'm better of using GF client.

• Based on my comparison for USD, paying with a preferred method on GF gets you 100coins bonus/10$ over the steam client, which translates to 10(smaller packs with worse coin to dollar ratios)% - 5%(bigger packs with better buck to coin ratios) bonus, which is likely intended since steam does take a significant cut. My bigger question would be if aside from this, will there possibly be any gameforge exclusives that steam users cannot get at all.

• Gameforge please rebalance the steam recharge price with the client. Because I believed in the announcement that steam only differs from the client in terms of the beta key. And now we have the difference in the recharge rate between steam and the client. If they told me sooner, I would have bought the game on the client instead of steam. Please be responsible for your own announcements

• Gameforge please rebalance the steam recharge price with the client. Because I believed in the announcement that steam only differs from the client in terms of the beta key. And now we have the difference in the recharge rate between steam and the client. If they told me sooner, I would have bought the game on the client instead of steam. Please be responsible for your own announcements

But steam takes 30% from every sale.

• But steam takes 30% from every sale.

Doesn't mean the customer should pay for that 30% cut though. The benefit for having steam is getting access to its large playerbase already (and to the servers/infrastructure ofc, which probably doesn't matteer here though). I have never seen a game on steam be more expensive than its non steam version (except some sale prices ofc). The base game here is also just as expensive as the GF version and it's only the crimson coins that are somehow more expensive on steam for no reason.

If you look at games like warframe on steam e.g. you don't pay extra for cash shop currency, so there must be some bug going on here or GF indeed tries to let the customer pay up for their addional costs.

• Steam is convenience to have all the games in one place but overall is always better use the company client ! look for example EA, ubisoft and blizzard all the time 70-80% off on games, items etc... which you don't get to often on steam since they need to take a cut out the sales. Another big example look at Epic vs apple you get it!!

"A Wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to."

yeah but that is problem between Gameforge and Steam. As I said before, they confirmed the difference between steam and client is only BETA KEY NOT THE PRICE OR 30% BONUS. WHY WE HAVE TO CUT 30% BONUS IF IT NOT OUR FAULT ?

yeah but that is problem between Gameforge and Steam. As I said before, they confirmed the difference between steam and client is only BETA KEY NOT THE PRICE OR 30% BONUS. WHY WE HAVE TO CUT 30% BONUS IF IT NOT OUR FAULT ?

Why do you scream at me?
    I dont give a rat's arse...

Why I'm guilty just by telling what i think.

And what they told is nothing to do with steam prices.

• Because you quoted me and said "steam take 30% of everysale" 2 times. I didnt scream at you! I just want to emphasize that what gameforge says is different from what they are doing.

It's really a pity because I believed it and asked my team to buy SOLO on steam. As they said there is no difference between client and steam except key closed beta.

And you can keep your opinion but please don't quote me and tell me scream at you when I'm just replying to your quote.