Steam vs GF Launcher

• Well... what can I say, I have "small" anger issues...

And this covid is NOT helping with that... :D :D

• Heya,

nice you were able to solve that little problem but please don't forget what the actual topic is. ^^

If there's something left about this, I guess you'd better talk about it via DM.

Regards!

cat_pat

⚔️~*~⚔️

ok2ok32muj8r.jpg

⚔️~*~⚔️

• Never buy a game on Steam if it can be bought outside of steam. Especially MMORPGs.

I can't tell you how many people I've met that have FFXIV and ESO on Steam and when steam is down they can't log into the game. They also can never change back to non steam.

• One exception thatbi can think of is PoE where you can link your Steam and GGG account then play with either launcher. Granted, it's not an RPG.

Here, I don't think you have a solution other than getting a refund on Steam and buying the game directly on GF though.

• If Steam people were going to have these disadvantages, they should have warning before people bought.

I think it's very unfair now that I get less points just because I opted for Steam, as they didn't say it wouldn't be the same.

• Spend time requesting a refund, keep unused Steam funds, buy again, and not be able to use it on Steam like my other games. Isn't it easier them do the right thing and leave everything the same? Or sell the points directly through their website? If they're going to make that difference, they shouldn't even sell on Steam, or at least they should have warned before.

• Honestly I don't know.

I've just been told in the FR chat it's been verified that the coins cost exactly the same on Steam and on GF, so... :/

Yes, they cost the same, if you count the point and difference of the dollar and euro. The problem is that in GF they give extra points, like 21000 + 1000. These +1000 are points that are above what you receive for Steam.

• We try to keep platforms similar, but there might be some difference when it comes to actions that are not supported on different platforms.

In terms of the gameplay, all platforms remain the same.

• We try to keep platforms similar, but there might be some difference when it comes to actions that are not supported on different platforms.

In terms of the gameplay, all platforms remain the same.

Appreciate the response Celes. It's good to know that your goal is to keep all platforms similar, but of course it is understandable that different launchers may have technical differences and functions sometimes.

However, while I do applaud your politically dodging response, we still would like some confirmation when it comes to the actual Crimson coin difference when Topping Up. We can obviously see the difference between the platforms with this, and It isn't due to any technical differences between the launchers.

So, what is the reason behind the difference in the amount of coins we get between what launcher we use?

We all pretty much already know the reason behind this, but Gameforge refusing to be transparent about it will simply just make you look like you have something to hide (might be a good idea to try and wipe away the reputation Gameforge has in being dishonest and scummy). So how about just giving us a clear response on it and set the record straight? In case you already have done that somewhere else then I apologies in advance for not looking more thoroughly.

• I don't see why there needs to be an issue.

Why won't the publisher simply allow players from steam to link their account to to GF Store/Client?

That way players on steam could temporarily log into the GF store to make these purchases instead of doing it on steam.

In the end we are still playing on the same server, so it shouldn't have to be so difficult to fix.

Alternativly let steam players able to play the game from your client or, at the least, be able to link their account to the homepage and top up on the web rather then through client.

Also, to those saying that you could refund on steam and purchase on GF.

What if you have bought ingame Crimson Coins? Give them up?

What if after launch new players join several monthes from now. Play the game for some time only to later on realise their steam account gets worse deals on ingame currency?

Should they rebuy the game on the GF client and lose all their progress?

• So, what is the reason behind the difference in the amount of coins we get between what launcher we use?

As the topic is quite complex, I will try to explain it to the best of my ability.

There may be some differences between Gameforge and Steam due to:

• Discounted local pricing: we have the possibility to offer discounted local prices in some countries - normally the discounted prices are also available on Steam.
      But exceptions can apply to some countries that use EUR. On Steam, there is only a possibility to define the prices for the whole currency (therefore discounting only some countries that use EUR is not possible), while in the Gameforge Shop this can be offered. Due to this technical limitation, discounted local prices for some countries are not available on Steam.
    • the support of certain currencies: there is a difference in the set of currencies supported on Steam and Gameforge (and it may lead to differences in the specific countries) - for example on Steam we offer a price in Argentine Peso for the game purchase while on Gameforge we do not support the currency - it results that Argentinian players are forwarded to EUR if they purchase through Gameforge.
    • payment partner bonus: as Gameforge we can offer a small amount of bonus currency if the player chooses a specific payment method when purchasing through Gameforge Store as we have direct contact with payment partners. On the other hand, on Steam this is not possible as payments are funnelled through Steam.

Therefore, the differences are not based on our intentional adjustment of prices of Steam but are caused by a different setup that can't be adjusted in a flexible way.

I hope it clarifies the topic in some more details.

• Celes

An excellent explanations. Thank you very much for this. Highly appreciate the clarification on it.

All those differences makes sense and the reasons behind it was expected.

Like some others mentioned above, wouldn't it be possible to have the ability to link a steam account with a Gameforge account, and then have the ability to buy coins through your website, essentially cutting out the middleman known as steam. Other games have done that, so I'm assuming it doesn't go against their ToS, although I could be wrong. Wouldn't this be worth bringing up to the team at Gameforge?

Other then that I feel satisfied with the explanation, done my preorder on the Gameforge client. Thank you and have a lovely day.

• So, what is the reason behind the difference in the amount of coins we get between what launcher we use?

As the topic is quite complex, I will try to explain it to the best of my ability.

There may be some differences between Gameforge and Steam due to:

• Discounted local pricing: we have the possibility to offer discounted local prices in some countries - normally the discounted prices are also available on Steam.
      But exceptions can apply to some countries that use EUR. On Steam, there is only a possibility to define the prices for the whole currency (therefore discounting only some countries that use EUR is not possible), while in the Gameforge Shop this can be offered. Due to this technical limitation, discounted local prices for some countries are not available on Steam.
    • the support of certain currencies: there is a difference in the set of currencies supported on Steam and Gameforge (and it may lead to differences in the specific countries) - for example on Steam we offer a price in Argentine Peso for the game purchase while on Gameforge we do not support the currency - it results that Argentinian players are forwarded to EUR if they purchase through Gameforge.
    • payment partner bonus: as Gameforge we can offer a small amount of bonus currency if the player chooses a specific payment method when purchasing through Gameforge Store as we have direct contact with payment partners. On the other hand, on Steam this is not possible as payments are funnelled through Steam.

Therefore, the differences are not based on our intentional adjustment of prices of Steam but are caused by a different setup that can't be adjusted in a flexible way.

I hope it clarifies the topic in some more details.

This response is great. Unfortunately, this official response came after the betas and after people on steam, myself included, bought crimson coins to take advantage of the 20% beta bonus. If I had known this was the case, I would have gladly purchased the game on GameForge. There are Dev Streams which clearly indicated that the only differenced between the two were the beta keys (as the OP has mentioned).

Given this new information, will GF permit those of us on steam who want to switch to GameForge a transfer of our purchased coins before launch so that we can obtain a refund on the client from Steam?