PvP Game Modes Upon Western Release

• Hi Gameforge Team,

I know a lot of this information will likely be coming out in the coming days, weeks, months, but wanted to put out a forum thread regarding the topic of PvP. I know there are numerous PvP game modes over in China, some of which also include PvE objectives within them.

Do we know what game modes are going to come to the West upon initial release? Over time I am sure most if not all of them will port over, but what specifically will be here come launch?

Kind Regards,

Blackboa

• I still wish there was owpvp.. I know not a lot of people like it, but there could be a toggle on and off for it.. you can only attack those toggled but if you toggle you cant turn it off if your getting attacked unless you havent gotten attacked in 1 minute :D..

This would allow the pve players to still enjoy the game and allow the pvpers to enjoy more pvp :D

• Giving people the option is definitely good but I must admit, as I have gotten older my tolerance for open world PvP has changed. Since I enjoy smaller scale activities now a days, it feels like most games with open world PvP enabled turn into "whoever has the largest numbers win", so I am not too sad that this game won't have it aside from consensual duels.

Hopefully the instanced PvP will be lit enough to keep us entertained :).

• I'm actually very curious to see what the 1v1 pvp fights actually look like. The information on this topic is very scarce even when I tried to look for it in chinese both on YT and bilibili.

• I still wish there was owpvp.. I know not a lot of people like it, but there could be a toggle on and off for it.. you can only attack those toggled but if you toggle you cant turn it off if your getting attacked unless you havent gotten attacked in 1 minute :D..

This would allow the pve players to still enjoy the game and allow the pvpers to enjoy more pvp :D

In the current release in China there is open world PVP, and yes you may toggle on and off (in most maps). And there are maps that are for PVP only. As a PVE-focused player, I don't always see PVP players having conflicts outside PVP maps, but the PVP guilds might have a different experience from what I see.

• I'm actually very curious to see what the 1v1 pvp fights actually look like. The information on this topic is very scarce even when I tried to look for it in chinese both on YT and bilibili.

They say, you need to do certain combos without interruption to deal a good amount of damage and most of the skills do trash damage without combo. Also there is a saying combat isn't about skill spamming, but i don't believe it.

SOLO Toughts

- Gear progression is so easy and boring (Nearly maxed out after 60h+)

- Gear upgrade system is a absolute shit

- Combat is all about spamming the same rotation over, over and over again (But...but astral blessings changes skills :D)

- Mob AI is horrible

- Shit tier optimization (UE4 on the way :D)

- Dungeon mechanics are not good

- The end game content is not enough with it's current state

In the end i refunded game.(Thanks Steam)

Maybe will check it in the future but that's a maybe.

Edited once, last by Zeruel ().

• Upon release we will probably have 1 on 1 duels (you can do this anywhere just send a request to someone you wanna duel), and arena matches with numbered participants. Faction mode probably? won't be out right away (this would allow open pvp).

It is true that base skills by themselves do trash damage, at least for the 5 classes I've tried in TW server. Each class has a few core combos and you also have a plethora of skill modifiers that would enable/disable other combos and skill effects. I know the game does "something" to you during PvP so its more balanced but I havent had the chance to figure it out.

There are damage reduction skills, interruption skills, cc and mobility skills for each class.

As for skill spamming, i mean you do spam your core rotations but if you just close your eyes and do 1 2 3 4 5, you probably cant even kill a regular mob efficiently.

It works like this:

say you have 3 skills:

1. is your normal attack, it regenerates your mana

2. is your main damage skill, it takes a lot of mana

3. is a trigger skill

each of these skills by themselves deal like say, 400 damage. However if you use skill 3 first, it changes the form of skill 2 -> 2a and 1->1a. Now 2a will deal about 4000 damage when executed, and 1a will generate a significantly higher amount of mana when used. Correctly using combos will also fill a class-specific meter that has more effects.

This is basically how combos work, and you would have multiples with these.

There's no OWPvP at all?

If not then add my vote to it being added, its always been my favorite type of pvp since becoming a PVPer. So I would love to se it added one way or another. Like you aid a toggle system would be just fine.

• In Chinese and TW version open world pvp is present in FactionVfaction in the valley region for example and Pk mode is present for open world pvp with Karma system and even prison, why wouldn't we do not the pvp and Pk mode faction, if we removed the pvp capability from the CN and TW versions, I would never play the NA / EU version.

PvP faction on multiple maps including valley which is open world faction pvp area, GvG on floating islands map including open world pvp also, open world pvp faction on desert map + mode Pk, will we have all these pvp possibilities, because if we impute the existing game mechanics in the Chinese and TW versions, we have no interest in playing the NA / EU version. So why are you saying we won't have an open pvp world like the Chinese versions? https://www.bilibili.com/video…88.recommend_more_video.4

https://www.bilibili.com/video…88.recommend_more_video.2

https://www.bilibili.com/video…88.recommend_more_video.4

• In Chinese and TW version open world pvp is present in FactionVfaction in the valley region for example and Pk mode is present for open world pvp with Karma system and even prison, why wouldn't we do not the pvp and Pk mode faction, if we removed the pvp capability from the CN and TW versions, I would never play the NA / EU version.

All of those OWPvP features sound amazing and I would really love to see them make it to the NA servers!

• Hi!

We won't have open world PVP. Instead, we'll have 1v1 duels where both characters have to accept in order to fight. We will also have arenas like 3v3 or 5v5. For more information, stay tuned to our news and streams! We'll be having one each just for PVP ^^

Raederle

Hi Raederle, sorry for the bother but could you please be so kind as to clarify the first part of your message. Are there no plans to bring any of the PVP expansions(OWPvP, faction, etc) to the western version? :(

To be honest, I was initially turned off when I realized there was going to be no OWPvP in SOLO. After reading through the official Discord and reading through this thread, I've changed my mind, everything mentioned in this thread sounds just like what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, your message has me a bit concerned. I'm hoping the no open world PVP decision will be just temporary until the specific content that enables it, will be implemented in the western version :)

I'm really looking forward to your PvP stream and on a side note, I'm really enjoying your class videos as well!:thumbup:

• I think Raederle doesn't know what content is coming in the next expansions, he must have responded a bit too quickly without even knowing the game and its content ...

• Hi!

To clarify, what I meant is that we don't currently have plans for, for example, a server where everyone can PVP. We will have other types of PVP.

Raederle

Even on the Cn and TW version there is no PvP or PvE server, you choose one of the three factions, one of the three factions is neutral, so the players of the neutral faction are never bothered by the other two factions and the Pk is punished by jail, so we will have a copy / paste version of the CN and TW versions I imagine.

• Hi!

To clarify, what I meant is that we don't currently have plans for, for example, a server where everyone can PVP. We will have other types of PVP.

Raederle

Even on the Cn and TW version there is no PvP or PvE server, you choose one of the three factions, one of the three factions is neutral, so the players of the neutral faction are never bothered by the other two factions and the Pk is punished by jail, so we will have a copy / paste version of the CN and TW versions I imagine.

May I ask which faction the neutral one is? :x

• Hi!

Raederle

May I ask which faction the neutral one is? :x

I forgot the color of the neutral faction, sorry ^^

• Haha no worries, will find out sooner or later XD
    In the Guild guide i saw the 3 are colled "Qin Ling", "God Yitian" and "Xuanjiao" >,< dunno which one has which color tho
    But since "Qin Ling" is able to recrout from all 3 factions, I assume this is the neutral faction (and the other 2 factions can recruit from their own as well as Qin Ling).