Bard vs Summoner vs Reaper in term of Support/healing

• Hey guys im pretty interested in this game. I loved playing Revelation online and this game just catch me like damn <3

Back in the day i played Spirit shaper in RO and i was pretty good at it.

Anyone who played the chinese version can tell me whats the different between these 3 in term of healing/supporting ?

Pros and Cons of these classes.

Thx u in advance

• Celes

Added the Label Class
  • Hi I have been playing reaper for a year and I have friends who play bard and summoner. I can share some thoughts about different healers but please keep in mind that these classes differ slightly depending on which batch is released.

Also, I am sharing based on mainly PVE experience.

Reaper:

As a very versatile healing class for all kinds of dungeon settings, reaper can provide immediate team-wide healing and support. Featured skills include : 1) immediate full HP for whole team, but lose the added amount in the next several seconds. 2) average HP for the whole team. 3)sacrifice self HP to heal others.

Pros: Good for immediate team-wide healing. skill set suitable for all kinds of dungeons. Save your hands since reaper doesn't need high frequency key-pressing.

Cons: Basic healing skill has casting time and cannot cast while moving. Really can't do anything when a single teammate is bleeding like waterfall. In early days, reaper also suffered from insufficient healing power when compared with the other two healers (again this is just a numeric difference that varies between batches all the time; right now in Chinese server, reaper is very competitive in healing power)

Summoner:

Apart from the help of their spirits, summoners are typical HoT healers. However, they can also provide immediate healing if needed. Featured skills include: 1) Let the spirit follows and heals a target. 2) Immediately make the amount of HoT effective. 3) Recover teammate class resourses. 4) Grant team HP-absorbing ability

Pros: Good for both individual- and team-wide healing. You can move and heal. Summoner is able to save an individual immediately when needed.

Cons: Prepare to be busy with your hands. High-frequency key pressing is unavoidable especially if you want to provide effective team-wide healing. Immediate healing is available but it consumes MP. You may drain yourself easily...

Bard:

Bards know the upcoming damages and provide prior support. They are able to grant HP shield for teammates to survive upcoming damages. Direct healing is also available.

Pros: Good for both individual- and team-wide healing. Bard is able to save a team or individual from fatal damage

Cons: Nearly all healing skills have casting time and cannot heal while moving. MP is always in need...you may drain yourself easily. HP shields need prior knowledge of upcoming damages.

All three healers rely heavily on MP. In the future there will be a new healer class that doesn't rely on MP (and we call it perpetual motion machine...).

Hope this helps.

• It helps alot thx you alot <3

• Considering Bard is a mage-type class with stand still casting, does the class have any mobility skills at all? For example, teleport, blink, moving cast cooldown, etc.

In the current release in China, Bard does have a skill that enables moving while casting for a certain amount of time. Same for Reaper.

• Considering Bard is a mage-type class with stand still casting, does the class have any mobility skills at all? For example, teleport, blink, moving cast cooldown, etc.

In the current release in China, Bard does have a skill that enables moving while casting for a certain amount of time. Same for Reaper.

Any idea wats the cooldown time?

For Bard it is 1 min/layer cd and double-charged (I'm not sure if this is the right terminology. Basically I mean when the skill is completely ready, it has two layers so you can use twice). The skill allows a 20s moving cast.

For Reaper it is 1 min 20s /layer cd and double-charged. The skill allows a 15s moving cast.

• Which one is usually used in PvE/PvP as a main healer? I’m quite interested in either bard or summoner, but there are no gameplays for them on YouTube :(

I think there's no such definition as "main". All healers are able to both heal on their own and cooperate with other healers. The number of players in these healer classes are also comparable to each other.

If you don't mind the Chinese, here are some PVE gameplays on Bilibili.

Summoner perspective: https://www.bilibili.com/video…&seid=5767664412460483900

Bard perspective: https://www.bilibili.com/video…&seid=4041612852549085140

• From what I've read on some CN site:

Bard: Best for AoE support, single target support less effective than Reaper, support duration/upkeep weaker than Summoner. It's thought to be an off-heal class. Good aoe buff abilities.

Summoner: Best for Heal Over Time. Aoe buffing not as good as bard. Good Single target buffing and heals. This is THE healer for 5 man dungeons and for newer players. Heavy mana usage, would require a mana regen class in party for best effectiveness. Summoner isn't well suited in Bosses that mostly deal single target damage due to heavy mana use. It's thought to be the main healer for most cases with its AOE heal and Heals over time.

Reaper: One thing going for reaper is its ability to use emergency heals, which would instantly heal to full. It is also the only class with the ability to drag other players back. It also has an ability to aoe damage reduction for team mates. However some skills requires the reaper to sacrifice its own HP.

TLDR: all three classes have their own merits and use. Most end game dungeons require more than one healer. Pick one that suits you.

edit: keep in mind that each class has TWO subclasses that you can freely change outside of combat at any time. You don't have to be a healer all the time.

• While in healing spec, do you have access to any DPS skills, or are you just a sitting duck? xD

It's looking like I'm going to main Bard, but normally I play "dark" casters like Occultist in Revelation Online. I really do love the Reaper though, and it kills me that the DPS spec is melee ;(
    So I would exclusively run the healing spec on Reaper as long as I could actually have the means of holding my own in solo PvE.
    If not, oh well =(

• While in healing spec, do you have access to any DPS skills, or are you just a sitting duck? xD

It's looking like I'm going to main Bard, but normally I play "dark" casters like Occultist in Revelation Online. I really do love the Reaper though, and it kills me that the DPS spec is melee ;(
    So I would exclusively run the healing spec on Reaper as long as I could actually have the means of holding my own in solo PvE.
    If not, oh well =(

You are pretty much in full healer mode. Im sure you have a few damage skills but your priority is to heal. It's not easy to be the single healer since there is no pots and other classes don't have much hp regen skills. I'd just stand and look pretty and make sure my party stays alive.

Reaper in DPS mode is actually extremely strong. It is tied with Spearmasters and Melee Spellswords as top tier in terms of DPS. This may not be the case in our release version but down the years yeah, reapers are strong.

Bard is a great choice. Bards adapts very well and is well rounded.

• Thanks for the reply! =)

I guess I'll be saving Reaper for an alt, then. I personally don't feel the need to be top tier or META as far as my classes or builds. As long as I enjoy the gameplay and the overall aesthetic suits me, I'm good.
    Perhaps between cosmetics and skill animation-changing weapon skins (I only know of one set so far), I can sufficiently personalize my Bard :D

I'm looking forward to Gameforge's dev-build gameplay for Bard like they did with Reaper (which I think is unlisted at the moment for some reason). It showcases a wide range of skills for both DPS and Healing specs.
    https://youtu.be/80fqFIYOLMg

• I wish everyone playing this version has the same mentality. It's all a numbers game in Asia. This game is very teamwork based even in PvP. Looking badass is half of the fun!

• I'd actually like clarification on if there are any dps skills at all on healer specs.

Yes. For all healers, the basic two healing skills will turn into damage skills when you select an enemy. But don't expect much damage contribution. If your DPS teammate is dealing 10k damage with a skill, you are probably dealing 100 under the healing spec.

• I've noticed that tanks do absolutely no dmg either. Really weird design imo. Not really rewarding tank and healer dps optimization =\

It seems to me that each class is built around their DPS spec, and then the 2nd spec is strictly for party play (based on the needs of the raid/party).
    This is definitely a weird design....however, I guess it does serve as a remedy for the lack of DPS that healers and tanks face in other holy trinity games. Like how many tanks or healers complain that it takes too long for them to grind/level without help because they don't do enough damage.

So in this game, everyone is a DPS role until/unless their secondary role is required.

• Sure, but I'm still unsure how having a 2 spec system affects their design decision in dps output for tank or healer specs?

What's your opinion on boss fights with phases or moments when there aren't any incoming damage or heals required. Is it good combat and game design if healers prefer to be idle during such moments because healer dps is insignificant? All the raids I've watched so far seem to have healers either overhealing or idle when there's little dmg taken.

• Sure, but I'm still unsure how having a 2 spec system affects their design decision in dps output for tank or healer specs?

What's your opinion on boss fights with phases or moments when there aren't any incoming damage or heals required. Is it good combat and game design if healers prefer to be idle during such moments because healer dps is insignificant? All the raids I've watched so far seem to have healers either overhealing or idle when there's little dmg taken.

I've noticed that as well. Yesterday I saw a streamer briefly test the Reaper's healing spec on a training dummy. The basic heal DID do damage, as well as at least one other. But I don't think we'll know how viable that damage is until we either see a video of it or test it out ourselves. I still would really like to run a Reaper in healing spec, exclusively. But if the damage is lacking to the point where I can't even solo mobs with it, then it's just not worth it.