Male - Female purchases should also be shared

• I noticed that only purchases made with the same gender are shared even though the items share the same names for both male and female.

example: Theres a "singing together robe" for both male and female. I purchased this on a female, but only my female characters have access to it, not my male characters

However, in the points shop, I purchased a weapon skin and this weapon skin is available to both male and female on any class (the weapon skin changes to match the class)

outfits, cosmetics and anything else purchased in the cash shop should not be dependent on the gender that purchased it especially when the item has the same name but for a different gender.

• outfits, cosmetics and anything else purchased in the cash shop should not be dependent on the gender that purchased

Who says this? You? haha

Look, the game has no sub fee, no pay to win items...

The servers cost ongoing money to operate, maintenance costs money, development for new content costs money and a profit needs to be made as this is not a charity. The money has to come from somewhere...

You can 100% avoid this issue that bothers you by only creating one gender of character, right?

• outfits, cosmetics and anything else purchased in the cash shop should not be dependent on the gender that purchased it especially when the item has the same name but for a different gender.

And even better if they were given for free. But let's go back to reality and remember that for the publisher and developer this is a business and they earn money, but for us it's an amusement park and we have to pay for entertainment.

• outfits, cosmetics and anything else purchased in the cash shop should not be dependent on the gender that purchased it especially when the item has the same name but for a different gender.

And even better if they were given for free. But let's go back to reality and remember that for the publisher and developer this is a business and they earn money, but for us it's an amusement park and we have to pay for entertainment.

Look, Ive got no problems swiping.. and as previously mentioned "just dont play different genders and pRobLem SolvEd" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

the only reason I commented on it is because during their stream they pointed out that any cosmetics you buy on the cash shop are account wide.

turns out thats not the case so I didnt know if that was intended or not.

personally, I feel if you're saying cosmetics on the cash shop are account wide.. theyre account wide.

unless i missed something further into the stream (which may be a gender limitation)

but hey, lets pretend im just in it for handouts.

• During the first stream, they talked about this feature . And you were warned about it when you bought it, just read a few words before you bought it. And yes items are account wide in spite of the restriction with the gender.

• the only reason I commented on it is because during their stream they pointed out that any cosmetics you buy on the cash shop are account wide.

turns out thats not the case so I didnt know if that was intended or not.

They specifically and repeatedly have pointed out that male outfits are for males and female outfits are for females on the very same streams.

Somehow you missed that.

• People always use this terrible excuse but GW2 fashion has been one purchase for all races and genders, 0 ingame benefits from cash shop..

• People always use this terrible excuse but GW2 fashion has been one purchase for all races and genders, 0 ingame benefits from cash shop..

Yeah, except that isnt true and one example is buying keys to loot crates in the cash shop. Lets not forget hiding pets and other items in randomized crates where getting a specific pet can cost over 100$ with bad RNG.

• Zhirelia

Added the Label Shop

Yeah, except that isnt true and one example is buying keys to loot crates in the cash shop. Lets not forget hiding pets and other items in randomized crates where getting a specific pet can cost over 100$ with bad RNG.

The example you give has nothing to do with what Madao said though. It is true, that any fashion piece in gw2 will be unlocked account-wide regardless of the character's race or gender (with the one exception of the races' cultural armor sets).
    Also, if you're talking about the mount licenses - well, anet did meet some backlash over it and since included an option to directly buy the specific skin you want.

gw2 does have its own kind of lootbox (Black Lion Chests) and I will definitely not defend those. But your argument doesn't hold against what Madao said.

Edit: About the discussion at hand, this is not gw2, after all: I don't really mind and don't think this will realistically be changed in SOLO. Obviously I would prefer for all skins to be truly account-wide, but it's not my priority in terms of game changes.

Not everyone would agree that the slots for the characters, bags, storage, builds, increase the capacity of storage resources, tools for resource collection, resources node, does not affect the gameplay and do not provide any advantages.

• I completely agree with OP on this. Normally I like to use different genders for different classes. But because of how costumes here don't share between genders I was forced to choose a specific gender for all my classes in order to make sure I get the most out of the costumes.

It is completely fine if there are some gender-specific costumes or even weapon-specific skins. However, if you advertise account-wide costumes and skins, then those who share the same name should be actually account-wide, for all genders. Anything else is false marketing.

Also, you're not really going to make much more in sales by dividing the genders like this, all you do is make players pick a specific gender and not mix them. You earn more by rebuilding your reputation as a publisher by finding ways to please your customers.

• I was forced to choose a specific gender

And how did the publisher force you to do it?

Anything else is false marketing.

How does it work if you are warned in the store and in the shopping cart that the costume has a gender restriction?

The publisher didn't force anything, it's how the game was designed. I was well aware that costumes were gender-locked. It annoyed me, but I accepted it and chose to stick to 1 gender even though I didn't want to. I guess claiming it is a false advertisement isn't technically right, but claiming costumes are account-wide and then ad a fineprint is a deceitful way of marketing for sure. By no means do I blame Gameforge for this, it's how the developers made it. But what we can ask the publisher for is to request it not being gender locked as their customers ask for this change. If the developers refuse. then they simply need to state that and we can move on, the publisher has done their part.

• I guess claiming it is a false advertisement isn't technically right, but claiming costumes are account-wide and then ad a fineprint is a deceitful way of marketing for sure.

We claimt this? o.o"

I though we always said it's account-wide and gender-locked.

As you already state, it's how the game, the item shop - or to be more precise - the costumes are designed.

The only exception to this topic were the costumes from the packages;

these are account-wide without gender-lock.

• You know, I'll stand corrected on that as Gameforge did in fact always mention that it isn't gender-wide.

However, You can't blame players for finding it confusing or odd how costumes with the same name and style aren't gender-wide when weapons skills are weapon-type wide. Also, what happens if someone decides to buy a gender change. Will their costumes change with it, or will everything you bought beforehand be lost/wasted. What happens if you only have 1 character and switch gender, will all those costumes disappear? If you change gender back to the one you originally had, will you get your previous costumes back?

If the game remembers the costumes you had, then it obviously isn't a case of the game code preventing costumes to be gender shared, but rather a developer/publisher decision. If so, what made you make the decision and not having costumes shared? My guess would be to encourage more sales for people with multiple genders, but all it really does is make players dedicate all their characters to 1 gender, limiting players' customization freedom.

• This entire thread is pretty easy to answer.

If so, what made you make the decision

Nothing. We didn't make the decision. This is how it works in the original and how we carry it over. I can't tell you whether it's theoretically possible to change and we can certainly forward the feedback - but with the game running like this for 3 years soon, I have my doubts about this system changing.