Rampage (PK) Discussion

• Solo was always advertised with non forced pvp, no matter where

Well no. It was not. We always quite clearly stated that there will be more open world PvP features down the road, we just weren't able to confirm WHEN they would be coming to our version. As soon as were were able to confirm Rampage Mode on launch, we did.

There are some early statements from our side saying that the only open world PvP on launch will be the duels, because AT THE TIME that was indeed the only open world PvP planned for launch. Whether it be with release or 3 months later though, Rampage Mode would always have followed, just like alliance wars and faction PvP will follow at some point.

sooner or later
    that sounds like "what do I care about yesterday's talk"
    no matter then you have to live with the fact that many people will cancel their pre-orders
    the steam post linked by me already suggests something like that.
    if you are satisfied with a niche existence please

• I care strongly about yesterday's talk, that's why I reiterated what we meant with it :/

Though I find your threat of a "niche existence" a bit strange, at the end of the day a game is meant to be enjoyed and if you find that this will not do that for you - by all means, do not feel forced to play it!

We'll do our best to publish a great game with many features here but even then we will never appeal to everyone - and that's perfectly alright.

• great game?

with optional PVP/PK yes

without no

This is getting really annoying at this point. This is a MMORPG and yet you dont want any kind of interaction with other people.

If you dont think this is a great game, no one is forcing you to play it, but what you are doing is really annoying.

It kind of gets to a point where it seems like you are trying to ruin the fun for others, because you dont like the game.

• i like the game

forced PVP/PK is a kind of interaction but not the only one with other people

i have no problem with optional pvp/pk

to ruin the fun for others? no i am not PVP/ganker

forced PVP will ruin the fun of others

This is a MMORPG and yet you dont want any kind of interaction with other people

Forced PvP is not the only interaction you can have with people in this game. There are lots of opportunities to play cooperative and/or competitive in both PvE and PvP modes.

According to Phaendar's replies, it seems unlikely that Gameforge will change how rampage works, unfortunately.

• Don't want to exclude the possibility of us adjusting it - for now however we want to monitor the actual system ingame.

Currently we believe that the punishments in place should limit the "griefplay" resulting from rampage to a point where the average PvE player can go about their merry way without experiencing much detriment to their playstyle.

How it turns out is something we can only see ingame with actual players, which should be quite possible in the upcoming beta.

• Don't want to exclude the possibility of us adjusting it - for now however we want to monitor the actual system ingame.

Currently we believe that the punishments in place should limit the "griefplay" resulting from rampage to a point where the average PvE player can go about their merry way without experiencing much detriment to their playstyle.

How it turns out is something we can only see ingame with actual players, which should be quite possible in the upcoming beta.

Listening to the few players who complain would be a disaster for a mmorpg, the pk is already so punitive that it is only a way of disgusting the players who like to have a small pk in the game. The Chinese never complain from pk, why are you already complaining here? you have to learn to appreciate an MMORPG as it is, why always complain. You don't like not playing, it's those kinds of players who ruin an mmorpg by forcing developers to change the game design of a game.

• Well, if rampage would work as indicated in the patch notes of Beta 1, I would 100% be fine with it.

It reads as follows:

"[...]you can attack other players in the open world (outside protected areas) if they have
    also reached the maximum level and have the skill."

Currently, as to my knowledge, anyone on student 1, even those who didn't do the rampage tutorial quest, can be attacked by others who have completed said quest.

If all I have to do, to avoid being PKed, is avoiding the tutorial quest, then that would be great. And in my opinion, a good solution for those who don't want to be PKed as well as letting others enjoy their fun with the PK system.

• Well, if rampage would work as indicated in the patch notes of Beta 1, I would 100% be fine with it.

It reads as follows:

"[...]you can attack other players in the open world (outside protected areas) if they have
    also reached the maximum level and have the skill."

Currently, as to my knowledge, anyone on student 1, even those who didn't do the rampage tutorial quest, can be attacked by others who have completed said quest.

If all I have to do, to avoid being PKed, is avoiding the tutorial quest, then that would be great. And in my opinion, a good solution for those who don't want to be PKed as well as letting others enjoy their fun with the PK system.

You say so much nonsense, is this your first mmorpg?

The pk would not be called Pk if the two players concerned had to activate it, it wouldn't make any sense ... it's incredible to read this kind of nonsense.

• for gankers it wouldn't make any sense...

for others it make sense

• I guess either some u really like trolling or really get bored and decide to make such topics. Lets say even if it worths to talk about pk in open world, is this the right time to talk about it? It's like "i dont wanna go out cuz it may rain...but whether it'll rain or or not, you dont know and u decide to act according to preassumption". Even the guy who criticize rampage and pk system may pk someone for some reason. At least game has fair system. If u kill someone innocent, u may end up in jail and depending on your negative qi amount, it may take hours to get out. Nobdy will prefer to go jail and cant play the game cuz killing some random ppl for no reason.

• schaican & Leyaa

You're complaining about something you haven't experienced yet.

The system is fine, played in TW and CN, nothing to worry about relax. There's isn't much of anything to contest in the open world, you'd only get pk'd if you talk shit to other people and if you do and can't defend yourself then you deserve it. Also if you want to afk just find a secluded spot, you can fly, walk 20m to the nearest safe spot, stop being lazy.
    Honestly, you just opening up this nonsense thread makes me want to bite the bullet on that penalty, and kos you.

• schaican & Leyaa

You're complaining about something you haven't experienced yet.

The system is fine, played in TW and CN, nothing to worry about relax. There's isn't much of anything to contest in the open world, you'd only get pk'd if you talk shit to other people and if you do and can't defend yourself then you deserve it. Also if you want to afk just find a secluded spot, you can fly, walk 20m to the nearest safe spot, stop being lazy.

Honestly, you just opening up this nonsense thread makes me want to bite the bullet on that penalty, and kos you.

why? some people doesnt want to be the 'source of fun' of other people, no matter how much the consequence those people who PKed em will face. Some people want to have fun on their own without being fear of being killed and then 'LOOOL'-ed in their chat. if you talk shit to people and its being really personal you can SS em and report, still not a reason for PK to exist tho.

i think its fine if people want to complain or sounding their concern about this, afterall GF did actually tell them there will be no open world PK (which again, bad PR).

I think it would be easier for GF to acknowledge their wrongs in PR and give full clarification in this forum and steam (cause i saw the same discussion about this over there too) and tell us fully about the rampage system and such, since many people still have no knowledge about the punishment itself.

• The system is fine, played in TW and CN, nothing to worry about relax.

Dumbest statement in the thread.

When our version goes pay by the hour (not happening), then this may have some meaning, until then it's absolutely ridiculous to even make this statement.

Like others, i dont see it being an issue, albeit a possible minor annoyance from time to time.

However, we all know if griefers can grief, they will. No questions asked.

Why? Cause simply put, they cant hack it in an area where everyone is PvP enabled, willing and ready.

The only question is how it will affect us since we dont pay by the hour. Simply put, our penalty are no where near as harsh as CN/TW.

The devs are aware it is something that will need to be kept under observation, so that's good enough for me. For now.

It isn't gonna keep me from playing, both PvE and PvP, however I'll do my PvP where people are expecting it.

• Solo was always advertised with non forced pvp, no matter where

Well no. It was not. We always quite clearly stated that there will be more open world PvP features down the road, we just weren't able to confirm WHEN they would be coming to our version. As soon as were were able to confirm Rampage Mode on launch, we did.

There are some early statements from our side saying that the only open world PvP on launch will be the duels, because AT THE TIME that was indeed the only open world PvP planned for launch. Whether it be with release or 3 months later though, Rampage Mode would always have followed, just like alliance wars and faction PvP will follow at some point.

I don't think that people mind the open world PvP as such. It is the PvP FORCED on them, probably while they are in PvE gear questing or doing dailies. If people want to battle with like minded people, aka people flagged for PvP then who cares? Literally no one.

And if Gameforge themselves considered duels (which is consensual PvP) the "only open world PvP at launch", then why can't the open world rampage PvP consist of people flagged for it, either? Open world PvP doesn't HAVE to throw the PvE crowd under the bus. It can be with people who want to PvP.

SOLO wouldn't have touched my interest at all if it would have been more clear that PvP is forced in this game.

• You just have to learn a little on the internet to know that Solo has Pk, Gameforge has always said from the first announcements that Solo has open world pvp and even a very punitive Pk system.

As you rightfully should. Casuals are the majority. Have you even seen this game? It's clearly designed for them. (Subjectively speaking) Thats why it punishes Pk'ers with a prison system to begin with. Business-wise, why let millions of "players" become unhappy and leave just to satisfy a thousand Pk'ers?

100% Onboard with collecting data. Hopefully, you won't get overwhelmed with support emails from Pk victims that will require extra staff just to compensate for it. Let's see how well this works after a year or so. If the system actually works, and keeps the criminal players from attacking pve ones, then keep it how it is. If not (which it won't, there are already those who claim to have found a way around doing any prison time) But if it doesn't, then at least consider another solution.

Are all my opinions of course :)

Someone else's opinions or how many likes I can receive will never go into consideration before I press submit to any of my posts.

Ignorance remains forever ignored.