Rampage Adjustments idea

• This is the worst idea that I have read in my life, you are not made to be a game designer for sure :)

• You must have not read it at all, i clearly stated in the 2nd post that personal attacks or singling me out personally is not needed, and only makes you look like an ignoramus. Once you do go back and do read it, tell me why its so bad? do you have any details or thoughts on the idea?

Someone else's opinions or how many likes I can receive will never go into consideration before I press submit to any of my posts.

Ignorance remains forever ignored.

• The system works in BDO, ArcheAge, TERA, and other MMORPGs. PKing has been around since Ultima.

There's no reason to change the system. It also creates more professions via the bounty system.

• Because the Pk must not be approved by the two players, the one who attacks and the one who suffers the pk, it is just stupid and it does not exist, as well remove the pk and call it something else. So yes, it's a completely rotten idea and go send your request to the Chinese studio, they will laugh at you ... Again gameforge cannot remove or make changes in the game design, you are WASTING your time.

• You seem a bit angry for some reason. Is the idea of "Leaving out Pve players" Really that upsetting to you?

It is still a PK system. The Pk doesn't have to be approved by the 2 players, The rampage mode itself does in my idea. And of course GF the publisher cant make changes to the game itself, they can however deliver feedback/suggestions to them should they decide to read the forums.

Besides, if a player approached pk the same way you approach typing post (without thinking) they'ed just get bodied over and over again anyway, So with me doing all of the thinking for you, you should want my idea.

Someone else's opinions or how many likes I can receive will never go into consideration before I press submit to any of my posts.

Ignorance remains forever ignored.

• Zhirelia

Added the Label PvP
  • How about this? Rampage only in the PvP instance.

Yes, there is already faction-based PvP there. So what Rampage brings there is

(1) the option to be a "traitor" and attack your own faction members

(2) a recourse to possible exploits involving win-trading "traitors"

Let me give an example of win-trading by faction (#2):

In Elder Scrolls Online open world PvP faction-based Cyrodiil, there are artifacts you can capture from another faction. Suppose Faction B owns such an artifact.

Normally if Faction A wants it they are supposed to fight Faction B for it.

What some people are doing is, they instead make a deal with someone who has Faction B toons. Those players with Faction B toons take that artifact without having to fight for it (because Faction B owns that artifact) and run it into Faction A's territory and basically give it away.

Other Faction B players basically have no recourse since they cannot attack their own faction members. By the time they coordinate some kind of action by switching characters (if they even have characters ready and assuming the campaign is not faction-locked), the artifact has already been handed off.

Again gameforge cannot remove or make changes in the game design, you are WASTING your time.

In today's dev stream they said they were not bringing forward Extreme dungeon mode yet but instead making difficulty ADJUSTMENTS to hard mode.

Sounds like an independent localized change to me, adjusted to local conditions.

So your statement may not be as absolute as you think.

• They really should have made it clearer in their FAQ instead of saying that you could 1v1 as long as the other person gave permission, therefore implying there was a way to toggle off the possibility of being ganked.

It should be noted, while leveling (EG not at level cap) you can not be PK'ed by a max level player, this was stated in today's twitch stream. (31May21). Rampage is enabled/made available at level cap, and not before.

• They really should have made it clearer in their FAQ instead of saying that you could 1v1 as long as the other person gave permission, therefore implying there was a way to toggle off the possibility of being ganked.

It should be noted, while leveling (EG not at level cap) you can not be PK'ed by a max level player, this was stated in today's twitch stream. (31May21). Rampage is enabled/made available at level cap, and not before.

It should also be noted/emphasized, that it not only is "made available" but truly "IS ENABLED" by default, without question, going back, having any say, or even a warning before it happens.

But about the initial proposal. I guess it would be the same as the faction toggle, except everyone can target everyone with toggle on?

I wouln't mind personally.
    Not sure if PK lovers would see enough difference between this version of "Rampage" and the Faction toggle~

They didn't say what would happen when the level cap gets raised. Which they said would eventually happen, just not yet.

So "max level" might just be "max level at initial game launch".

• Probably not. The devs didn't create the Rampage mode thinking "we'll enable that at Student 1", much more probably "We're enabling that at max level".

Why would it suddenly change when the max level increases? The new required level will likely increase to the new max. At any rate, you could just ask someone playing on TW/CN server as far as that's concerned.

Tweaking things is not the same at all as modifying the behaviour of some features. Making the dungeons harder is just changing a few parameters. Probably somewhere in the Database. GF likely has the ability to change the Qi cost of the Rampage mode (so yes, they probably could make it so using the Rampage mode once gets you straight to 150 negative Qi) but they cannot change the way it works straight up (for example, no changes in the zones where it's possible to use it, or the fact that you can target people who don't have the mode enabled)

At any rate, even if they could do all that, they've said on the stream that they weren't going to, at the very least until weeks after the launch. They don't foresee any reason to change it though, so unless things go widely differently than what they're expecting, it's unlikely to ever happen.

• The dungeon difficulty change came from the developer not Gameforge.

• Oh, I wonder if the "slowed down the leveling for the west" also came from the devs rather than GF (I heard chinese level way faster than we do x:)

Would be interesting to know~

But yes, as far as I know the level will get "doubled", aka another Cultivation stage will be added, but I didn't hear about how they handled Rampage~

• greed

i have play them all

ultima was a great game but the players change over the time

terra have i played but PVP? at the time i played i had no pvp/pk so i can nothing say about it and i have play it before GF

BdO, archage have systems but the only works in asia, russia (i play there sometimes) but not in NA/EU there this systems are only a very bad joke.

• If you don't like it, don't play. BDO works very well in the West despite the Pk, archeage too, Ultima still plays well in the West, stop talking nonsense and go play Final Fantasy 14.

• ok you are not worth to talk welcome to ignore

• You've been getting us drunk with your PK for a week, stop breaking our head and go play or leave, it's tiring to read you.

• TERA doesn't force you to PvP. It has PvP and PvE servers - or at least it did when I played from launch through a while after f2p.

Forcing PvP on players is not cool.

• I think the solution would be to make a PVE server so all the carebears can play in their own realm with no PVP. Because removing PVP mechanics from a game just because you don't enjoy them isn't fair for those that do. Go play another game if you are that scared of getting attacked by another player when you lose NOTHING from dying.

The PK punishments are even harsh enough for people to not gain much from it anyway so why try to smash it even more? How would you like it if someone that isn't much interested in PVE said, "Please make hard dungeons easier, they are too hard and annoying to deal with"?