Rukio's feedback drop

• I've got some thoughts that could be great for discussion. I look at things from a new user stand point instead of someone whose played the game for.. 96+ hours on NA client (Alpha + Beta. Alpha hours were on GF launcher so no idea how much it was. 30+ maybe). Keeping new players interested in the goal. So please keep open opinions.

Settings

Fullscreen

- Fullscreen should be it's own option instead of hiding in 'Resolution'. This is standard among any other game. Too many users have no idea the game has a fullscreen mode, which is actually Borderless Windowed mode. A separate option/button is needed so people aren't starting the game on the wrong foot. Ability to fullscreen a game is literally the first thing people adjust, without having this could put people on the wrong foot.

Audio

Character's talking over each other

- Due to English and the main language having different speech lengths. It seems the English voice over times need to be properly separated time wise. If not, characters will overlap each other and three or more characters will talk over each other at once providing an unfavorable and disorienting experience.

Residence music

- Seems you can only put one song on repeat for your residence.. which most songs being only a minute or two long, have a very abrupt and start. The ability to have the music shuffle through all owned music would be nice. The residence Melodies of the Legends allows you to select Shuffle or Loop All, but it only pertains to the window being open and not for housing.. even though it's a physical object in your resident island.

Cash Shop

Trailers for outfits/mounts/Gear

- The videos in the cash shops that showcase trailers for outfits and items do not seem to be affected by the volume settings set by the player. (Excluding master sound as that would literally mute the rest of the game.. We're talking something like Interface, System Voice, even Character voice) This means having a relatively uniform audio experience done by the player gets overwhelmed with extremely loud trailer videos in the cash shop.

Quests

Withdrawl / Abandoning quests

- With how the quest system currently is. The player can get themselves into situations where they'll have quests they cannot complete. (Potion Making - III & Delectable dish for example). The quests provide resources the player will not obtain until later end game with no tutorial on how to buy recipes from the vendor until later on aswell. Resources that have an RNG chance meaning if the player makes the object and doesn't turn in the potion (Potion Making III's case) and drinks it instead.. they're stuck with the quest and can't complete. If the player runs by the recipe that gets dropped on the floor and leaves the map, their item despawns and they can no longer make the recipe. (You can make a stew using these ingredients but the player will never know this as the game doesn't teach this

). Abandoning the quest so they can regrab it and complete it would help.

Auction House

Searching for items is case sensitive

- When searching for items on the auction house, you'll need to have case sensitive punctuation. This could be a tiresome problem for people constantly needing to capitalize letters to find items or nothing shows up.

Housing

Wooden Stake

- Changing out the Wooden Stakes are not directly apparent with what they do. Their names are.. just names. Besides Healing Wooden Stake. Nothing really makes sense. Maybe a possible rename? It requires you to have knowledge on the game to even take a guess.

World Boss/Minor Boss

Weichuan Highlands

Minor Boss/World Boss

- Daily quest has people come to these bosses that die within seconds. Even though we have 100% gotten a hit on it. We get no credit for it with the people that're constantly there trying for the mount, meaning trying for the mount every 500~ish seconds for the daily is an absolute nightmare. These minor bosses and bosses need to be beefed up a bit so people getting the daily is.. bearable. It's alive for about 5 - 10 seconds each time.

• Life skill ability cooldown

Artisan Alliance's vision ability is ridiculous
    So why do majority of these skills have extremely long cooldowns? We have abilities like Heaven's vision which lets you see a random resource type.. which might not even be what you want for 7 minutes. The CHANCE of seeing nearby resources that you want for 7 minutes on the minimap and then it goes on cooldown for 22 HOURS? A lot of times I don't even bother as I'll be looking for say grass or water elements and the game decides to get me 7 mins of an element that doesn't spawn in the map or whatever I'm looking for. Just to go on cooldown for the rest of the day.

The game has elements to lock people out, i.e. fortune for harvesting. Why are cooldowns involved as well?

unknown.png

Cooldowns

Fun stuff in general
    The cash shop stuff, life skills, collectibles. You use things for about 5 - 20 seconds of fun (On the collectible side of things) and then they get put on 1 hour, 2 hours, hell some even a 24 hours or 48 hours. I have this pillow ability that lets me lay down for 5 minutes... and it's got an hour cooldown. Put cooldowns for toys and stuff atleast like double the duration. 5 minutes of 'fun'? 10 minute cooldown. Things under 1 minute of usage.. maybe 5 min cooldowns? Something.

Hell Akabane Banner is 20 seconds of being buff and then 14 minute cooldown. ???? Something along the lines of 2-5 minutes would make more sense. That way people can actually use it for fights.

Item descriptions

Item descriptions are either non-existent, use obscure words or have no description
    Looking over some of the things in game, there are some big issues with item descriptions. Some of the UI aren't using the space they're allotted. I'm not sure how much localization is going to be done or if Gameforge is paying attention to small details like this.
    But things like this are important to keep things clear and concise so players understand what's going on. For the Best Friend's ability you receive an increased rate of 5%.... what? Bananas? Apples? Friend exp gain? If so which one? There is apparently two friendship meters. What does which and why is there two?

The Chuhao talent upgrade is for Artisan Alliance. Talents in general normally have no description to the right of the icons. From the screenshot below, you'll see it means Acuity is increase... what's that? In CN it apparently means many things. One involving leaving your job because you aren't happy. On google the English definition is: "sharpness or keenness of thought, vision, or hearing." So what does that mean for SOLO? I use this ability and it... makes my 7 min buff longer? Make the random buff you get from harvesting longer? My best two guesses and that's only with sitting down trying to figure out what it could mean.
    unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

• Height / Z axis problems

Verticality for bullet hell / harmful effects

There are mechanics in game that requires players to jump to avoid damage. However this isn't applied to certain harmful like bullet hell (Orbs that deal damage), or Yemo City in Wuzhao's later area with rain/water. The puddles of near invisible water do constant damage. Jumping in the air does not remove the damaging effect applied to the characters. The game continues taking the players ground projected head. "Is player in water?" Even though the answer is technically no, the game says yes. The game should adapt height so people can jump over these harms.

I'm not saying all like jumping over boss attacks. I'm just talking like map hazards and small bullet hells. You can only jump once or twice right? You aren't gonna avoid them all. If it's like BIG bullet hell pellets. It makes sense. But the small ones? You already can't use majority of your abilities. Yemo water? You already can barely tell where a puddle is. Let me jump out of it so I don't drown in this puddle I'm above. That or make the water more visible. The amount of people I lose to the water is astounding.

• Chat box / Player Names

Player names being color coded based on class

I feel like this is a cardinal sin. Player's names will change color depending on what class they are.

You've got players talking with:
    - Green (Berserker) which is the Alliance chat color (/g command).
    - Dark Pink (Reaper) which is the Whisper chat color (/w or /r command)
    - Blue (Spell Sword) which is the Party chat color (/p command)
    - Red (Spear Master) which is the Friends chat color (/f command)

It's hard to know what chat someone is typing in visually because it's ALL over. The ability to quickly look at something and figure out whats going on is lost here. All players names should be one color . White if normal/say speech. Dark Pink if whisper. Blue if party chat. Literally any color should stick to the channel color. It's so hard to talk to people because nobody knows what chat people are talking in. Can you tell what's going on here? Because I barely can. It takes more than a second to know what's going on due too colors being EVERYWHERE.

P.S. I hope the name of the colors with the wrong color gets the point across.

unknown.png

Slash commands. Too many, don't match their respected letters and some need to be removed.
    Alright. While we're on the topic of chat. The slash commands are overwhelming and there is too many.

We have:
    /S for say but it's Normal and has an N tag.
    /P for party but it's Team and has a T tag.
    /C for ... something but it's Area and has a YELLOW A tag.
    /Y for World. This one is fine because Whisper should always be /W.
    /G for Guild but it's Alliance and has a GREEN A tag.
    /A for what you would guess is Area but it's Pact and has a GREEN P tag.
    /D for Pop-ups and has a GREY P tag. This one shouldn't even exist.
    /V for.. something but it's Class and has a Pink/Purple tag.
    /Z for ... something but it's Faction and has a DARK PURPLE F tag.
    /DE for Deutsch but it's Germany and has a SALMON G tag

We've got... so.. many and that's not even all of them. Those listed above are so out of whack with random conflicting chat names. I think it's time to get rid of some and readjust the commands?

Get rid of:
    -
    /A for Pact. What even is this? Even if it's used later in game.. why clog up and convolute the chat systems. Get rid of this and let people use any of the other chats. Repurpose /A for Alliance or Area chat.

- /F for Friends. Why does this exist? We have whisper mode to talk to friends. We have party chat. Guild chat. Discord as a voice program. What is this even used for? I'm assuming the Friends social Circle group tab? There are so many other things we could have done here. Honestly delete it and repurpose /F for Faction chat.

- /D for Pop-ups. You know. I think I heard about this. A friend said someone had it where anytime this player used his RMB attack, he kept spamming chat with 'SALMON IS THE BEST FISH' or something like that completely unrelated. Leave the ability to have macro/abilities trigger some sort of text. We don't need Pop-ups or whatever they are. We don't even like pop-ups when we're browsing the web. This one can be deleted.

(For NA server only)
    The slash commands /de for Germany and /fr for France should be removed as well. There are plenty of other languages being spoken in the game. Players will make guilds for their corresponding languages or play in their region is possible where their languages are better supported and these channels make more sense. In this case the EU servers.

We have too many slash commands and we need the visual clarity. Look at the list from a new players perspective. There are WAY too many and some of the commands make no sense. I have to constantly teach people how to talk in Alliance chat which is /g but it's Alliance so you'd think it's /A but thats for area chat. OH SNAP it's not even for AREA CHAT. It's for.. what is this on the list... PACT. IT'S FOR PACT.

unknown.png

• Chat box / Player names

Chat message clarity. Add tags depending on the slash command.

So many other MMO behemoths and games decades old do this. Here is a proposed way to help with visual clarity of the chats:

- Check out the things I said up above. (Removed colors based on class and set them to whatever the channel's corresponding color is, remove extra channels we don't need and repurpose the proper slash commands for their better suited titles.)

- Add the channel name before the player's name.

Examples:

[Say] [Rukio]: I hope everyone is doing well today
    [Say] [Garfield]: I'm doing alright. Just got off of work.

[World] [CatBurglar]: Anybody want to run some Yemo Extreme? It's a pool party.
    [Whisper] To [BigHealEnergy]:Think you'll be down to do a raid later?
    [World] [ChaChaSmooth]: What do I do after I hit level 36? I ran out of quests.
    [World] [Assassin420x]: You beat the game.

[Say] [Rukio]: I feel you. I plan on doing things later on
    [Whisper] [BigHealEnergy] whispers: Yeah I'll be available. Just gonna get some food real quick.
    [Class] [CloudStrife]: Anybody know where I can watch a guide for better Slayer PvE rotations?
    [Alliance] [ToddTheStrong]: I'm looking to do some runs through Hard Mode dungeon. Anybody in?
    [World] [GodlyFist]: Why can't I queue up for PvP at 3 AM?
    [Alliance] [PointyStick]: Yeah I'm down. Send me an invite.

Most of the colors these forums allow you to use aren't appealing to the eye.. Pretend they were. Idea for this was to show how much clarity would be there if it was all uniform.

Now for fun.. let's change it up to what it currently is:

[N} [Rukio]: I hope everyone is doing well today
    [N} [Garfield]: I'm doing alright. Just got off of work.
    [W} [CatBurglar]: Anybody want to run some Yemo Extreme? It's a pool party.
    You Tell
    [BigHealEnergy]:Think you'll be down to do a raid later?
    [W} [ChaChaSmooth]: What do I do after I hit level 36? I ran out of quests.
    [W} [Assassin420x]: You beat the game.
    [N} [Rukio]: I feel you. I plan on doing things later on
    [BigHealEnergy] tells you: Yeah I'll be available. Just gonna get some food real quick.
    [C} [CloudStrife]: Anybody know where I can watch a guide for better Slayer PvE rotations?
    [A} [ToddTheStrong]: I'm looking to do some runs through Hard Mode dungeon. Anybody in?
    [W} [GodlyFist]: Why can't I queue up for PvP at 3 AM?
    [A} [PointyStick]: Yeah I'm down. Send me an invite.

Just.. AAAAAAH. Reusing the picture from above to prove a point. LOOK AT THIS. It's not something that's appealing to look at nor is it easy to decipher just from lookin at it. Pretend the colors I used in the above examples are appealing colors like the ones down below.

unknown.png

• Dynamic weather

So one thing that the game seems to inconsistently have is a day / night cycle. Residence maps have a day and night cycle however the rest of the game doesn't seem too. Certain areas will be strictly day and the spooky areas are strictly night. Anywhere that is strictly day would be nice if it had the ability to go night. If we're keeping a certain aesthetic.. maybe even having the maybe cities have the cycle. i.e. Cloudrise, Jiangdu, Chang'an.

Adding onto that, the game already seems to have fog and rain in a few areas. Having that added dynamically to other areas would be super nice and add to the world feeling more alive. Heck even add rain/storms to residence if nothing else. There actually is even an effect that appears on screen that many people may not know about in the rain. I'm just saying we have this screen visual of rain... why not use it more?

(Below is a picture of an ingame effect that is used WAY too little. Idle in an area with rain to see it.)
    2021-6-7-6-10-11.jpg

Daily / Weekly Dungeon rewards reconsiderations

Every day, or week depending on the mode, you can only do a dungeon once. Not getting gear pieces.. I can understand. You want to gate people from immediately hitting max gear in a single day. No RNG makes it even better since we're guaranteed pieces we don't have.
    What I want is a reason to help people who are constantly pinging in world chat looking for a tank. If I've done every piece of content I can for the day that involves dungeons. I have no reason to go into a dungeon and no reward via the game's mechanics. Unfortunately, the only thing I get for going into a dungeon when I've done all the content for the day is a repair bill.

Something to think about:
    What about giving the player the 500 silver + possibility of crafting mats? Maybe crafting mats is too much? Even just money per box. Let me want to help people after I've done content. Drop money from the boss boxes & let me roll on mounts, music or whatever the bosses drop that isn't gear or crafting mats. It's unfortunate that I literally just don't want to respond to people looking for help as I get nothing out of it via the game. Sure players can pay you but they shouldn't have to. It also could lead into public image being smeared or a social altercation. Food for thought.

• Zhirelia

Added the Label Game
  • Chat

Amount of text in chat seems short

Wouldn't mind beefing up how many characters you can send in a chat message. It doesn't need to be like 100 characters. Even like 50 would be fine. It's almost like old twitter where you had to sacrifice punctuation or words to get your point across.