Berserker feels so weak compared to other classes.

• If you compare damage charts of all the classes in dungeons, it's clear to say that even when berserker is doing things right, they're most likely going to be near the bottom of the damage charts... like comparing a berserker and reaper... the reaper is rewarded with high damage when played right but playing a berserker feels so damn bad... definitely needs a buff

• I 100% agree with this. Even has a spearmaster main its clear to say that berserker has combos that need to be preformed correctly to get the most dmg. But even then the player gets screwed because the cooldowns are to damn long and the dmg is mediocore. And then not to mention the fact that in PvP if you play tank berserker you get 40% dmg increased againist your class. The only way to play berserker currently is just tank wise in PvE. Which you'll just see the number of berserker mains drop overtime once everyone knows this.

• I 100% agree with this. Even has a spearmaster main its clear to say that berserker has combos that need to be preformed correctly to get the most dmg. But even then the player gets screwed because the cooldowns are to damn long and the dmg is mediocore. And then not to mention the fact that in PvP if you play tank berserker you get 40% dmg increased againist your class. The only way to play berserker currently is just tank wise in PvE. Which you'll just see the number of berserker mains drop overtime once everyone knows this.

I think the cooldowns are fine but the damage is just mediocre... assuming that the skills are mean't to do more than they actually do otherwise having 1 minute and 2 minute cooldowns for the amount of damage is just stupid and the class is just useless unless tank spec'd like you said

• I cant really say thats true, for my guild got some berserkers that are top in damage on every hard dungeon.
    Berserker has more then enough dmg, its just that berserker is the hardest class to play. for berserker to perform good you need to know what you are doing.

• Interesting topic, i had thought so too but I can't say I can add a lot on the damage topic, because mine stays in drunken. But after playing zerk then spearmaster and then back to zerk, I noticed that it took me to use the SM's skills to know exactly what to do on the zerk. I thought he was weaker too (as far as tank is concerned) But the class is actually really strong.

After switching back to zerk armed with the knowledge gained from the SM, things that would kill my zerk before were now barely placing a dent in him. I know it sounds strange, but if anyone is interested in tank zerk and you find it difficult, try like I did on spear master first since it's an extremely easy class then after you see which skills work for him, make it similar on the zerk.

• Interesting topic, i had thought so too but I can't say I can add a lot on the damage topic, because mine stays in drunken. But after playing zerk then spearmaster and then back to zerk, I noticed that it took me to use the SM's skills to know exactly what to do on the zerk. I thought he was weaker too (as far as tank is concerned) But the class is actually really strong.

After switching back to zerk armed with the knowledge gained from the SM, things that would kill my zerk before were now barely placing a dent in him. I know it sounds strange, but if anyone is interested in tank zerk and you find it difficult, try like I did on spear master first since it's an extremely easy class then after you see which skills work for him, make it similar on the zerk.

Absolutly, the Berserker isnt weaker in any point, Zerk is just way harder to play, becuz you need to manage more mechanics. A Spearmaster for example goes straight forward with his skills, while the Berserker has to manage and maintain his phantoms and manage cooldowns far more then the spearmaster does.

But if a Berserker can pull out his combos very good he out performs the spearmaster. A perfect played Berserker does more dmg then a perfect played spearmaster.

• As far as the tank comparisons go. Zerk is often hailed as the better tank solely for the higher survivability. Spearmaster Phalanx doesn't have as many defensive skills, but is instead a better puller. Grabbing entire groups of up to 20 enemies and putting them into one single spot to be nuked by the rest of the team. Aggro doesn't seem to matter much on a boss though. They will always go for your back row when using certain techniques and no amount of pulling or aggro will stop them from doing what they want to do sometimes.

On the DPS end, I haven't really seen any high performing DPS Zerks . I also seen some low performing Spearmasters here and there too. Perhaps this is a build problem. I don't even see many Spearmasters inflicting heavy bleeding because most of them are taking tassel backthrust 2x or something. The Spearmaster heavy bleed build doesn't shine until he gets enough haste to chain heavy bleeds and keep max stacks reliably, so people shy away from that build because they were originally seeing weaker results when they first tried it. Haste on a Spearmaster also allows you to always be taking advantage of your stronger basic attack variants, like the ward breaker and dragon's oppression variants without the need of a second backthrust tassel to pad your rotation.

Poor rotation could also be a problem. I was carrying a spellsword, and by god... the fellow was getting out DPS'd by me while I was tanking/carrying for him. Thankfully I had brought my bots and I was perfectly capable of solo'ing the dungeon with them. Li Lingshaung's damage is out of this world. As made apparent by this out of context chart.

Li_Lingshaung_DPS.png

Wu Mang is also a bot, he just kinda sucks.

• I don't know what High dps, Medium dps, and Low dps looks like. But berserker is fine where It stands I feel. I think so long as you're able to clear hardmode dungeons and proc the secret boss there isn't a issue with dps. playing with a berserker named Maul and Being a berserker myself I can tell you that the charge build and phantom build are both viable and easily able to put out good numbers. Maul was able to pull around 2.5k to 3k out per second using the Phantom build when he perfected his rotation and in some cases on bosses able to dish out a whopping 4.5k to 5k damage per second. his gear score was 60. I was able to dish out around 1.71k to 2.5k as a charge Berserker Build at gear score 56. difference is Maul slotted out his gear with talismans and had enchanted his stuff up a fair bit meanwhile I ran without slotted talismans and was not perfect at figuring out a rotation to pull out and do I tried following a guide set up by a Chinese player I saw who stated the three important things for charge berserker is we don't really have a set rotation the most we can do is not let our chi overflow try to master the basic combo of Cloudripper into solar rider into left click 3 times into solar rider+ other combos such as animation canceling meteor shower into Return of The Wolf as well as keeping our charge percentage on our sword at around 40 to 67% before popping return of the wolf and killing without a trace to summon phantoms for phantom storm. so on and so forth. while I may not be perfect with this I did at least master some of the basic combos and picked up that when you proc things like wind Waker wine, You can just straight up get a instant charge of cloudripper and put that right into a combo of cloudripper, solar rider, cloud ripper solar rider, cloud ripper, if you want you can throw in some over lords for a big damage boost and some really meaty hits. so on and so forth. other then that. I feel it is too early for people to try and judge class balancing of the class off what they have played when people aren't 100% sure what combos and rotations they should be doing. berserker is a solid class that can put out good damage in the hands of capable players. allt he classes are mostly pretty well balanced for PvE and PvP and I feel to state "X isn't good because I struggled with it." is a unfair way to look at things.

• I mean I was ilevel 60 with about 320~ mastery doing like 4-5k dps and still being lowest on the dps charts.

I cant really say thats true, for my guild got some berserkers that are top in damage on every hard dungeon.
    Berserker has more then enough dmg, its just that berserker is the hardest class to play. for berserker to perform good you need to know what you are doing.

ngl rest of your party [REMOVED]. Even top streamers who speed run say zerkers are so underpowered it's insane. if you're being out dps'd by a zerker you just must be garbage at the game because in CW/TW and even NA speed runs, if that happens you're out the speed run. [REMOVED]

I don't know what High dps, Medium dps, and Low dps looks like. But berserker is fine where It stands I feel. I think so long as you're able to clear hardmode dungeons and proc the secret boss there isn't a issue with dps. playing with a berserker named Maul and Being a berserker myself I can tell you that the charge build and phantom build are both viable and easily able to put out good numbers. Maul was able to pull around 2.5k to 3k out per second using the Phantom build when he perfected his rotation and in some cases on bosses able to dish out a whopping 4.5k to 5k damage per second. his gear score was 60. I was able to dish out around 1.71k to 2.5k as a charge Berserker Build at gear score 56. difference is Maul slotted out his gear with talismans and had enchanted his stuff up a fair bit meanwhile I ran without slotted talismans and was not perfect at figuring out a rotation to pull out and do I tried following a guide set up by a Chinese player I saw who stated the three important things for charge berserker is we don't really have a set rotation the most we can do is not let our chi overflow try to master the basic combo of Cloudripper into solar rider into left click 3 times into solar rider+ other combos such as animation canceling meteor shower into Return of The Wolf as well as keeping our charge percentage on our sword at around 40 to 67% before popping return of the wolf and killing without a trace to summon phantoms for phantom storm. so on and so forth. while I may not be perfect with this I did at least master some of the basic combos and picked up that when you proc things like wind Waker wine, You can just straight up get a instant charge of cloudripper and put that right into a combo of cloudripper, solar rider, cloud ripper solar rider, cloud ripper, if you want you can throw in some over lords for a big damage boost and some really meaty hits. so on and so forth. other then that. I feel it is too early for people to try and judge class balancing of the class off what they have played when people aren't 100% sure what combos and rotations they should be doing. berserker is a solid class that can put out good damage in the hands of capable players. allt he classes are mostly pretty well balanced for PvE and PvP and I feel to state "X isn't good because I struggled with it." is a unfair way to look at things.

I'm consistently 4-5kdps and still at the bottom of a 10 man dps chart. reaper hitting 8k+ for solid 3+ minutes is balanced yeah. it's not about zerker dealing no damage. it's about them consistently dealing shit damage compared to every other class in dps spec because even when you crit 25k on an overlord proc, you're still hard gapped by the class itself. if anyone deals less than 4-5kdps with ilvl 60 it's because they're just bad at the game.

• I'm consistently 4-5kdps and still at the bottom of a 10 man dps chart. reaper hitting 8k+ for solid 3+ minutes is balanced yeah. it's not about zerker dealing no damage. it's about them consistently dealing shit damage compared to every other class in dps spec because even when you crit 25k on an overlord proc, you're still hard gapped by the class itself. if anyone deals less than 4-5kdps with ilvl 60 it's because they're just bad at the game.

Pfft! 8k DPS? My bot easily gets 15k and she is only at lvl 55 and doesn't even have her gear that gives bleed procs on her lightning technique. This is why I only ever tank with bots. These gl 60 8k DPS players are all trash!

• I'm consistently 4-5kdps and still at the bottom of a 10 man dps chart. reaper hitting 8k+ for solid 3+ minutes is balanced yeah. it's not about zerker dealing no damage. it's about them consistently dealing shit damage compared to every other class in dps spec because even when you crit 25k on an overlord proc, you're still hard gapped by the class itself. if anyone deals less than 4-5kdps with ilvl 60 it's because they're just bad at the game.

Pfft! 8k DPS? My bot easily gets 15k and she is only at lvl 55 and doesn't even have her gear that gives bleed procs on her lightning technique. This is why I only ever tank with bots. These gl 60 8k DPS players are all trash!

yeah sure if we're talking about pulling an entire mob pack into a boss room and bursting the mob pack and a boss i can hit 25kdps with my entire clone combo, still lowest dps

yeah sure if we're talking about pulling an entire mob pack into a boss room and bursting the mob pack and a boss i can hit 25kdps with my entire clone combo, still lowest dps

What are you talking about? If you are talking about single target, 5k is pretty much the top dps in rank 1 teams and if you are talking about aoe 8k is nothing.

I really wonder where you can see someone doing 8k dps for 3 minutes when bosses are dying in 1min30 with half of this dps.

• yeah sure if we're talking about pulling an entire mob pack into a boss room and bursting the mob pack and a boss i can hit 25kdps with my entire clone combo, still lowest dps

I was just trying to use sarcasm to make fun of your unrealistic standards. While it is technically true my Li Lingshaung can get DPS that high. It doesn't really matter and isn't really relevant information. It would depend upon how I group the targets and how many she hits at once. At lvl 55, she's a stable 3-4k against single targets without her bonus bleed, and that's the more reliable metric. She can go as high as the moon like anyone else if hitting enough targets at once, but that's a mix of luck, and skill of others being factored in.

As evidenced by this picture I have of her.

Li_Lingshaung_DPS.png

What are you talking about? If you are talking about single target, 5k is pretty much the top dps in rank 1 teams and if you are talking about aoe 8k is nothing.

I really wonder where you can see someone doing 8k dps for 3 minutes when bosses are dying in 1min30 with half of this dps.

watch kkwona doing their speed runs, some bosses are alive for 2 minutes cus they're tanky.

• Berserkers are by no means weak. They have a higher burst than Reapers, especially in AoE, and can contend in AoE damage behind Reapers. If it feels weak, that's a you issue, not the class. Every class in this game has great potential when played well. At this point, the only class I haven't noticed at the top of Aoe or single target meter is Summoners.

• Berserkers are by no means weak. They have a higher burst than Reapers, especially in AoE, and can contend in AoE damage behind Reapers. If it feels weak, that's a you issue, not the class. Every class in this game has great potential when played well. At this point, the only class I haven't noticed at the top of Aoe or single target meter is Summoners.

dunno what that even means. i've seen summoners in speed runs doing 8kdps+ again check kkwona stream. i've also contented in speed runs myself before being beat by sub 30 seconds and having to sub out so the team can get another reaper into the team so they can beat the time.

And you can say it's a "you problem" must be a me problem that i've never seen a berserker parse more than me while pugging all my hard dungeons too.

• dunno what that even means. i've seen summoners in speed runs doing 8kdps+ again check kkwona stream. i've also contented in speed runs myself before being beat by sub 30 seconds and having to sub out so the team can get another reaper into the team so they can beat the time.

And you can say it's a "you problem" must be a me problem that i've never seen a berserker parse more than me while pugging all my hard dungeons too.

Speedrunning dungeons means nothing for if your class needs a buff or not. You could be swapped out for any number of reasons. They could have better AoE for how the grouping is happening or better inflicted conditions like armour break.

Also, seen some of the "kkwona streams" you talked about. The DPS chart doesn't start over on bosses unless you completely go out of combat before starting the fight. They usually pull the mobs into the boss or so near that they keep in combat by the time they engage the boss. The 8k+ you are citing is averaging damage from the prior 20+ mob pull. No one actually pulls a 8k DPS against a single target boss.

Edit: And one more thing. Kkwona looked at their gear once during the stream vod I was watching. They had gl 60 with fortune 3 on all their pieces I saw. This is some weird standard to be holding ourselves too. They weren't just max geared, they were super max geared.

dunno what that even means. i've seen summoners in speed runs doing 8kdps+ again check kkwona stream. i've also contented in speed runs myself before being beat by sub 30 seconds and having to sub out so the team can get another reaper into the team so they can beat the time.

You likely just have your rotation wrong? Or you're running with geared & very skilled people. I've seen zerkers topping AoE dps meter at times. I myself also was like #3 in AoE with 46/48 glvl on the last day of beta during a (HM?) run on my zerk alt. I'm not saying you're bad, but this post is very misleading on the berserker class. Again, their AoE burst dps is insane and sustained dps is very high.

and before you say it's a me problem, i've never seen a berserker parse more than me even while pugging my dungeons.

lmao i had gl 60 with fortune 3, wasn't hard to get.

Also i'm talking from a point where even if you start from a boss only point, you'll still be 1 of the lowest dps in the party if the other people know how to play their class. and i'm not the only 1 that thinks so, people who were speed running with kkwona said it in their very last stream that playing berserker feels unrewarding because you can play the class perfectly and do sub-par damage compared to other classes like bard, reaper