Feedback after both beta tests

• Hello. I enjoyed the game and plan to play on the release. I will not go into what's good, but want to point out things that are wrong, so we can get a better product when the game starts. There will be some really minor things, one major and bugs, so I will start with the less important ones:

-Dragonstar guide has some font colors making it hard to read, also as a little guide to the game mechanics, it covers almost nothing. At least some things are covered in a game in other places, but what the game really lack in case of an easy to find and read list, is a one of crowd control terms, like what is the difference between stun, unconcsciousness and immobilize?

-Text on the world map below chapters is covered by icons and the text next to chapters is not well aligned

-We have many options for shortcuts, yet for no reason some are locked out or not available at all, like I can't change the key for skills description, it can only be "alt"

-Colors for chat do not refresh at first. I have to confrim them and apply twice to see the change immidiately without writing new text

-Changing skill bars in the interface doesn't save all options for account. Placement is good, but not the amount of slots or activity of the bar

-The tab "advanced" in settings doesn't save for the account

-Chat settings doesn't save for the account

-About the chat, the colors for classes are really not needed and they are making chat harder to read, while checking someone's class is really easy by hovering a mouse over their names. Having all nicknames in one color or in the color of the corresponding chat would make it much more clear

-Gameforge's logo sound when entering the game is too loud

-Music on the faction map is too loud

-There is no option to change the sound for commentator. I can either choose it auto/male/female or turn it off, but not change the volume of it and it is pretty loud. Even after turning it off it will be there sometimes, like for class skill tutorials

-Showing things that are not in game yet. It is kinda frustrating, as I simply get lost, because I do not know if I am missing something, or the game is missing something. There is stuff in the game that is shown to us, but it is not accessible and I do not see how we are supposed to know which is coming in future updates, which are there, but we do not know where to look for or which are just bugged? I do not have a problem with being behind content-wise, but if we have this and this, let's see this and this, not this, that, and the other thing that we shouldn't, as we can't acces it anyway and are wondering for hours with other people if we are just dumb. As examples, in the mission for pve 60 box craft, it is shown to go to a map that's not available, the same goes for another mission, where we have to go to an instance, that even have a portal(in Zhongan Foothils I believe), but we can't interact with it, to use soulforce(which is available) we need dragon accessory(not available). All of this is even harder to look into, when we get to another point, which is...

-We can get a list of things that let us obtain an item, drop from something, reward from something, sold somewhere. Some are missing and some are just misleading and wrong translation or too hidden. Like there is an item to obtain from "Spearmaster Merchant Shop", but there is no NPC labeled with that. But we have Jiao Gao, School Merchant. Yes, he is called school merchant, but when we open the shop, the tab is named "Spearmaster Merchant Shop". Why the names are different?

The important one: So, I know you are still working on translation, but it also mainly cover translating new things. Some were arleady translated and are in a really bad shape. I am talking mostly about skills and those should be one of the priorities for a good translation. Right now it's not good, many times it is hard to understand how something functions, several things across one class are translatings one words in more than one way(example is tassel/silken for spearmaster). It is sometimes hard to know to which thing a certain skill refers to by itself and naming one thing differently makes it even harder. I heard that one of the bard skills for support doesn't even have a translation, only cooldown, so no chinese translation, not translation at all and that leads to a quesion, can it be a case for other classes, that even, if they are translated, some mistranslated, they may even not be fullt translated and are just straightly missing a text? I don't know this myself, but I saw a report of someone claming that in china one of the Spearmaster's skills have 4 effects, while only 2 are listed in our version.

Ok, now bugs:

-I did not own a residence yet, but in the cultivation tab, in the target menu, owning a residence was listed as completed

-Sometimes names of a party member change to green, instead of being blue

-It happens only on instances, sometimes when I use Ward Breaker as a Spearmaster, the game have no sound effects for few seconds

-Sometimes daily quest "instance exploration" require completing it twice, even if it is stated that you need one completion. After beating an instance once you have still 0/1

-Total damage in combat stats is not showing proper stats. So I reset the tab, I go to an instance, it shows the time and so it makes sense to show me a total damage for the time stated there and for all the enemies listed. When I go back to a damage tab, I can choose a certain enemies and see the damage for each of them, then when I go for a total damage it's not a damage I did in total to all of those enemies in that time that's shown on combat stats. I found out the damage is allways a little bit higher than the most damage I did to an enemy. So If I did 200k damage to one enemy, 250k damage to second enemy and 600k damage to third enemy, total damage shows me something like 720k damage, which doesn't match with the damage I actually did. The only thing I can think of that it might be working fine is if the total damage is calculated from zero after each boss, so if I did 600k damage to the last boss and 120k damage to the normal enemies before boss fight, then it might give me a true results, but I do not understand why it even could be a case, as it is labeled "total damage" and there is nothing "total" in it, if I want to see a result from a full instance.

So, it will be it. Those were mostly things I encountered in a game, I know some other things was mentioned in feedback of other people, some that needed more attention were told several times and I included it myself(like class-based chat colors and translation issues) and I hope it can be looked into before release. I really hope this game will go well, as I was not so much into mmo for a long time. Even if some games were good, there just was allways something, that pushed me away from them. And with SOLO I do not really have many things that really bother me, it's really solid. I wish it success, but gameforge really could do more advertising. I do not know what is their marketing plan for this, but it just popped up on april and I did not really heard about the game outside of mmo sites and not everyone is following those. More people should know about this game and as it is supposed to hit on summer, there's not much time left, which can hurt player base.

Everyone feel free to respond, I am happy discuss what I said or what I could possibly miss in my feedback, that should be said and the more, the better. One of the hot topics is about Rampage system, so I will said right of the bat, that I am not concerned about this. In same games it can be abused, in this one it will be too hard. You can't manually change channels to look for a certain player, you lose qi even without fighting, so you can do nothing and still be punished, the more evil qi, the bigger debuffs, those will damage your equipment, so you will need to repair more often or won't be able to fight anyway, while it is also hurting your in-game wallet, the jail is very time-consuming thing and boring too. So ye, there is enoigh downsides to this system, that only desperate people will use it. I am covering this topic at the end of my comment, as like I said, you are welcome to discuss, but I would like to substract the rampage subject from this, as there are enough of these on forum. I said all I wanted on it and do not want to go further. For any other comments, go on. Cheers.

• About the chat, the colors for classes are really not needed and they are making chat harder to read, while checking someone's class is really easy by hovering a mouse over their names. Having all nicknames in one color or in the color of the corresponding chat would make it much more clear

I dont agree with this one. Colors for class adds to the visibility of the person's name and a representation of the classes being used. I dont find it makes chat harder to read as the chat itself is still in its own independent color.

It first it did take a little to get used it, but I find that is the case with any new chat color scheme.

One thing that did bother me was the default transparency of the chat making it (sometimes, rarely)hard to read depending on the area I was in. (especially Summoner area, which is very bright and colorful)

-Sometimes daily quest "instance exploration" require completing it twice, even if it is stated that you need one completion. After beating an instance once you have still 0/1

Random dungeon matchmaking doesnt count for this. (a bug?) Could be other things are bugged with it as well.

-Showing things that are not in game yet.

I feel these should more clearly be marked as ''not yet ingame''

• About this, it was really well explained why this is a problem in another thread, by Rukio. I'll link the post here: Rukio's feedback drop

-Showing things that are not in game yet.

I feel these should more clearly be marked as ''not yet ingame''

You may be right. I'll edit it.

• About this, it was really well explained why this is a problem in another thread, by Rukio. I'll link the post here: Rukio's feedback drop

I read that thread. They made a very poor case for it. They dont discuss the points I mentioned. The points they raise about it being hard to read isnt something that is seen by the examples used either. In fact the suggestions they made make it harder to read chat, in particular when skimming it.

Linking this bit as reference, but you will have to look up the coloring they used as it doesnt work when quoted like this.

In their suggestion the chat becomes harder to read. Name color is the same as the chat so it becomes harder to spot where the actual Chat begins. Class isnt visible anymore. As a result of losing class color for names, names also become harder to read when quick skimming or reading faster.

Their example is very problematic to read. Colors when well used can be used to segment text or put visual emphasis on certain things to make them stand out. What they suggest would remove that, as it would remove emphasis on name and also make it harder to see class.

What colors are used do make a difference, but that part is customizable by players anyways. (aside from the class colors)

Different colored names provide some color variation between lines, making it somewhat easier to tell if someone else is talking.

And faster to read the name itself.

I don't know from what perspective they are looking at that image and saying:

''Just.. AAAAAAH. Reusing the picture from above to prove a point. LOOK AT THIS. It's not something that's appealing to look at nor is it easy to decipher just from lookin at it. Pretend the colors I used in the above examples are appealing colors like the ones down below.'

Maybe its a monitor setting like brightness or the color quality of the monitor that has an impact. For them and for me. I see more issues with the transparency (also something they didnt discuss) in that image, as well as the font whispers purple, then classes having different colored names. With their transparency that high im not surprised they have a harder time reading chat.

So no, I would not call that ''well explained''

• The main thing is... why in the first place would we even need to specify someone's class? It has nothing to what people are saying on chat and it is really easy to check class by hovering mouse over the name.

The second thing is that those names overlap with what people are saying in different colors as we have both colors for players and for chat. I do need those colors for chat to differ them easily. I really do not need to differ classes of certain people, so it is easier to have for players color of the specific chat or one color for all of them.

If it really is harder for you to read the chat when players have the same color as the chat color, I can get in your perspective. Try to get in mine, when for me in this case less i more. Less colors, more clarity. I can think of a solution between both, so we have less colors, while player's colors doesn't interfere with colors in the chat. A solution is to make color of players in one theme, even better if we could adjust it as colors of chat. We could then have all names in white or pink, or whatever you like, while much more readable chat.

• Murr

Added the Label Game