Posts by navystylz

For some reason the sheet had this weird "lr" symbol above it and that was supposed to signify repeated notes in quick succession or something.

Maybe it's meant to be "tr".

"Tr" written above notes in regular scores usually means "Trill", which is a rapid alternation between two adjacent notes.

In your case it probably means "Tremolo", which is usually notated differently, but means exactly what you have mentioned :P

Must ask the question, which--if any--is the editor reading it as? And is the sound translating properly in? Or is this something we should keep an eye out for, to make an easy change to fix sound?

Glad to see the further discussions generated. The program has a couple limitations but they can be overcome. For most people, though, this is plenty to get them started and get a version of a song they like in game. I had also wondered about monetization of songs--aside from the built in rewards for sharing. I did a couple requests in beta for people.

The one thing the guide is lacking is a translation on the rest of the basic music box's controls.

You know, I had these translated images and meant to add more depth to the guide about the editor, but got caught up with other things. It's definitely on the to-do list, though. I figured there was a sort of divide between a guide on how to quickly convert a song and how to use the editor to actually create/edit music.

Here's the guide: Bardic College - Zither Songs

The first draft. Will continue to work on it and put custom images in like my Reaper guide.

Guide posted.

Ya, I totall get you. I'm only including it because some people might want to do their own performances based on their own songs uploaded. And some people have their own original music they may want to keep for themselves. All my music is open to public, and not just because the gold reward, but because playing songs on the Zither is one of my favorite things and I love seeing other people playing on it. It's also wild when you run into someone playing one of your uploads and see that it's a song other people like as well.

I think my guide will speak for itself how much I want to share ability for other people to do this easily.

I was Reapz in beta. There were a couple names that were there before Draed and I dug up how to streamline the process. And I shared with AudioSenpai, so when we appeared on, we were suddenly blasting the site with a ton of songs. I did make it on leaderboard. Just not sure how much I made before beta was over.

I already have a bunch of songs I converted, waiting to go for launch. I have been meaning to write an indepth guide of how to import and free links to different programs to make it quick and painless. In beta I uploaded a ton of songs under the name 'Reapz'.

Yeah, the only tool or site I could find to help me with getting XML files was musescore. And it only allowed public domain music unless you bought a subscription. Which, don't get me wrong, I could grab quite a few songs from Mozart and Beethoven that I like. Lacrimosa is wonderful. There are other piano songs I want to grab that are not a part of the public domain, nor that popular for that matter.

Hopefully if you do a guide you have detailed information and where to upload the gjm file too. I don't think a lot of us tested or have any experience uploading music in the beta (even though we really should have). Because I'm going to try gathering all the gjm files I want right now and will use them some time after launch.

So MuseScore has an option for importing PDF files, which let's you import any music sheet if you have it.

Been writing the guide and it will include all that. The easiest way to convert isn't even more MuseScore, but there will be a section that will include all the ways of conveniently converting sheet music, if that's your only option, or you have some original stuff.

I'm walking people through "I didn't even know you could import music, I have no tools!" to "I can see and play my songs in game, as well as make them hidden to everyone but me."

I really gotta try doing something with the zither before launch. If at all possible using Murr's linked converter or whatever.

I already have a bunch of songs I converted, waiting to go for launch. I have been meaning to write an indepth guide of how to import and free links to different programs to make it quick and painless. In beta I uploaded a ton of songs under the name 'Reapz'.

I have a whole list waiting to be reuploaded :)

The gameplay looks fun, I heard pvp is pretty damn good, being able to fly on the sword and dash into the air 30 min into the game really felt cool, reminded me of B&S a bit, but you feel really free in this game.

So you haven't even played the game, yet you're going to say it should be f2p and is not ready for release. Lovely. And you're wrong.

Also game is targeted to be fully ported over to new engine Q1 2022. At least try to understand the minimum about a game you're going to make claims about.

Did you even read the thread? tf you mean. He rejacked his opinion jesus

I edit my own. I responded to the original post. There's no requirement that I go through and read every post to respond to what STILL remains the original post.

The gameplay looks fun, I heard pvp is pretty damn good, being able to fly on the sword and dash into the air 30 min into the game really felt cool, reminded me of B&S a bit, but you feel really free in this game.

So you haven't even played the game, yet you're going to say it should be f2p and is not ready for release. Lovely. And you're wrong.

Your graphics shouldn't be looking that bad. I can see why you would feel some kind of way about it. Maybe there is something affecting your own performance more adversely as well?

Having another Beta session could still be possible before release, I think. Since they are doing a thing in coop with Steam, it also implies that the servers are most likely up and running. GF might grant us the option to be able to play for a couple of days more. But what do I know, right?

But yeah, any info about the release date would be most welcome.

Most people aren't interested in another beta that means nothing because it lacks the time to accomplish anything and will only be wiped.

So we know nothing of value will happen before June 22 or it would overlap with the Demo. So name reservation is put off for another week, and release longer.

Of course, their email said first week of July release anyway. The dates for the beta were correct, dunno why they won't just come out and say the date already.

Ty all, well I hope after CB 2 is over with and they wipe or do what ever, that we keep our names, but are able to choose classes for said names again. I made my bard under my main gaming name "Prophet' and that name has always been as a healer of some sorts. I was planning on making my bard Healer/Ranged, but thats out of the question now, seeing I have to stop to do combos at a lower lvl and die as I perform them.

I'll go with my Summoner when game goes live.

Interesting to announce your intended name on forums :) I made characters with my names in beta and then never logged them in, so that people wouldn't see the names in game and get ideas for later, lol.

You won't be the only ones with tutorial pvp gear. And once you rampage everyone else will get to attack you freely, ruining your few kills and pulling out. Hope you guys enjoy running rocks :)

I think the system should stay the same and people should just deal with it. If you don't want to be PKed you don't have to play SOLO.

This. On launch the penalty will be harsh enough to Rampage will be rare, and the minor inconvenience of respawning on spot will be way less than the person going to jail. If this already too much for you, don't stick with SOLO too long for when the system evolves.

Tell that to Gameforge, they will love losing money, I mean it's only a business right?

How will they lose money? This is the way the game is. People not interested in it shouldn't play it if that's not the gameplay they want, or believe it will be prevalent. With a b2p game, if you buy and quit--they got their money. If you don't buy it, it's not money loss because they never had it.

I only seen someone Rampage once in a stream to show people how harsh the penalty was; knowing that he'd have to spend 1.5 hours of non-stop running stones just to get out. Don't think he even finished before going to TW servers instead.

The download speeds on Gameforge are atrocious. And I know it's not a new thing seeing forums talking about Tera, which means I doubt there will be any plans to suddenly fix this. Going to have to purchase game twice, just to have steam download speeds, else refund Gameforge entirely and just do steam.

Come on GF. 60 mbp/s on Steam vs tanking to 1-2 mbp/s on GF is absolutely ridiculous in 2021.

I think the system should stay the same and people should just deal with it. If you don't want to be PKed you don't have to play SOLO.

This. On launch the penalty will be harsh enough to Rampage will be rare, and the minor inconvenience of respawning on spot will be way less than the person going to jail. If this already too much for you, don't stick with SOLO too long for when the system evolves.