Posts by Tracy_T

Many Chinese player likes this too! And the lyric relates closely to their story. I am including the official english translation in game from beta 1&2. You get this in the collection of books after finishing Chapter 9.

Wuzhao Dirge

My father roams in the desert lands, Without a chance to die.

Where the sun beats down on the burning sands

When will you return? Oh, when will you return?

My mother lies on the mountaintops, But cannot reach the sky.

Where the clouds break and the water drops.

My brother grieves on a distant shore, Where no one hears his cry.

In th pouring rains and the winds that roar.

My sister meanders through Huaixi, Without ever asking why?

When the rivers and the springs run dry.

My wife lives out in Pengze, A thousand hills from home.

Locked away by land and sea.

My son resides up above the clouds, his soul is out to sea.

Will his body pass through the milling crowds?

My daughter lives in the homeland, The cuckoo sings from the tree.

How much more pain can my heart withstand?

When can I return? Oh, when can I return?

No this activity is not the one that affects gathering. This max activity is for crafting furnitures for transaction. The only way to consume this activity is through furniture crafting. People who don't have a house will have their activity always max at 2000 and they still won't see blue nodes if their daily activity (the invisible one) is low. The two activities we are talking about here are entirely independent.

I want to know where the two berserker outfits that they showed on their official website are. They weren't in the shop, and they weren't in the encyclopedia. The first one, is the outfit shown when you want to order the standard edition of the game, and the other is where they show 4 videos for "The Game". They have the male version shown where they put the berserker class video.

Class specific outfits are usually advance aim rewards or drop from raids, so what you want is not unlocked yet. During beta you can already see the aim system tho they only opened the basic aims where the reward is a class-specific headgear skin. Once game is released I'm sure intermediete and advanced aims will be unlocked later on to get a complete set of class-specific outfit. If the set you want is not the aim reward for the current release, it will be for future, or drop from future raids.

Yes for blue ones you need activity from last week. So I guess ppl who saw them in beta 2 have also played beta 1. Usually doing daily is enough to have around 10 blue products across the map. Really active players can have 20. my sub char which did none dailies can have literally ZERO across the map.

Housing related items in cash shop are "exclusive" rather than "better" I would say. Not all of them looks better to me but they all contain parts that you can't craft. For example, the only red-colored trees are from cash shop. There's no way you can get a similar one from crafting.

There has already been guide in this forum that was translated from CN game wiki. Try search around.

More game tutorial will come at max level.

How did you manage to design your island and build such a great settlement in such a short amount of time? You mentioned that it requires a lot of gold as well as materials, not mentioning the time to design it all, craft all the blocks and modules, put it all together, etc. CBT was 4 days long? Was your stuff transferred from Alphas?

Sorry this is my piecework from Chinese server. I think I forgot to mention this when I post this thread because there were no alpha or beta at that time. It is definitely impossible to get something like this during beta. Leveling your island usually will take a month or two. And this design plus building took me 3 months in total. Sorry for the confusion.

For that queueing buff, it is a 4 minutes penalty for anyone that cancels the queue once already matched. After entering the dungeon tho, it's a 15 minutes penalty if someone decides to leave. It is not only for the group leader, but anyone in the team with this penalty cannot queue again within the timeframe. The dev is doing this to ensure ppl don't leave after match, not a good way tho...The penalty used to be for the first one that leaves, but now it's for everyone. Dev did this because there is a very long daily dungeon right now in China (15 minutes vs 5 minutes for the shortest one) and ppl just leave and requeue if they are matched with this one. It's a long story for the penalty buff...

We don't have that very long dungeon on our version, do we? I don't think it's fair to penalize the entire party for something they have literally no control over. Besides, there was no explanation or anything along those lines that explained and/or justified why it's in there in the first place.

Yes I agree it is unfair. They merge everything from current version in China so that penalty gets tranferred as well. In China we pay game time by minutes, so people are quite sensible to how long they spend on dailies. It's a different mechanism here in the west and I hope Gameforge can discuss this more. Even when that very long dungeon comes to the west, ppl should be given more freedom of what they want to play.

More on the story, in the past, the daily dungeon used to be a fixed one instead of random. So everyone is doing a specific dungeon on a particular day. Later when they introduce this random daily, ONLY matching randomly count towards daily. We used to see which dungeon gets matched and decide if we want to do it (cancellation will give a 4 minutes penalty), and ppl cancel if they see it's the longest one. So the dev redesign so that now we can't see which dungeon we are entering beforehand. Then ppl start to kick one teammate out after entered and others can leave without a 15 min penalty. That's what leads to the current penalty system where once entered, everyone gets a 15 min buff and it won't disappear unless you finish the dungeon.

Personally I feel bad that the dev is trying so hard to limit player's freedom. They can't control it anyway. Players now still leave that dungeon with that 15 min penalty and do other things for 15 min until they can requeue.

For that queueing buff, it is a 4 minutes penalty for anyone that cancels the queue once already matched. After entering the dungeon tho, it's a 15 minutes penalty if someone decides to leave. It is not only for the group leader, but anyone in the team with this penalty cannot queue again within the timeframe. The dev is doing this to ensure ppl don't leave after match, not a good way tho...The penalty used to be for the first one that leaves, but now it's for everyone. Dev did this because there is a very long daily dungeon right now in China (15 minutes vs 5 minutes for the shortest one) and ppl just leave and requeue if they are matched with this one. It's a long story for the penalty buff...

UI mapping should transfer to another char if you ticked the "account shared" (sth like this I forgot the exact) on the UI customization panel.

Long teleport cooldown shouldn't be a problem in the future. There will be an item that resets the cd of your teleport and you will get tons of that item through daily playing.

Little question: is "progress" generally only defined by character level + gear ? Nothing else counts as "progress" or "content"? o_o

If you mean "progess" in the dev's opinion, there's an aim system that resets for every release (5-7 months). In CBT you can already see this system and only the basic aims are open at this point. Later on there will be intermediate aims and advanced aims open. PVE, PVP and PVX all have aims and they kind of describe the "progress".

Of course this would raise problem if the player's definition of progress deviates from the dev's. I remember on the last release, the advanced aims were first set in a way that ppl have to clear PVE hard mode raids in order to get aim awards (not only for PVE ppl, but also for PVX players who just don't do raids at all). Many players got really angry by this and the dev had to modify the aims in the next week to include more PVX contents so that the advanced aims are not just for PVE guys.

There is however (at least) one counter indication to this: in this story, the traitor is married. And he is very much an immortal, and quite high level at that.

traitor you mean Haocang? He is not a cultivator. In the valley of where spearmaster and berserker live, there's a third party (I forgot the name in English) and that's what Haocang belongs, a group of ordinary people. But he is beyond moral for sure, though probably not through cultivation. His story is still going on and we don't know eactly who he is or what kind of person (human?) he is.

Another better example would be the main female character from Gujian2. She IS a spearmaster and got married with the main male character in the end. And their son is Yue Tianxing, one of leaders of spearmaster. So yes, not everyone in these classes need to be cultivators. But clearly the devs don't give a choice at this point. We are called cultivators by the devs and they want us to save this SOLO world full of disasters xD

So in this game's background, we are all cultivators that strive to gain immortality. In Chinese mythology, cultivation is the way that an ordinary people can become god and immortal with many many years of efforts. And in Chinese mythology, gods can't have love and marriage and it is especially fobidden for gods to marry ordinary people. Therefore it is believed that love is an obstacle on the way of cultivation and one has to overcome it to reach god. You may see many xianxia (not wuxia) Chinese drama series that talks about how cultivators lose their lovers but become god in the end or forever remain as an ordinary person but live with lover happily. The point is you just have to choose between the two, but not both.

As for kids, The fox girls shown in the trailer is a future class. They really aren't human kids. They are fox fairy that maybe 100+ years old and managed to maintain a human form. And they only have female (for now). However, human kids do exit, as in another future class. They are kids from ordinary couples but once he/she decided to become a cultivator and joined that class, love and marriage is prohibited for her/him unless she/he later opt out. Indeed, many children in the cultivation stories are orphans and they grew up with other cultivators.

In future storylines, there are lines that clearly states that we cultivators are away from love and should focus on our cultivation. We may be moved by other's love story but we ourselves must stay in pure mind. That's the background culture I mean and that's why I think there won't be a marriage system at any time.

lovers playing SOLO together usually becomes mentor/apprentice. The game does have many features on mentor/apprentice system. A recent update added a planting system where mentor/apprentice can water each other's flower and you gain pretty accessories once watered for a long time.

And I agree with what Toadwart said. You have everything to roleplay it. If they really add such a system with something granted, it will be used by ppl to gain the benefit not really for the sake of love. In fact, that's how the mentor/apprentice system is right now in China. Players sometimes use it to trade equipments, not for mentoring.

There will be wedding dresses (both the traditional Chinese ones and western style ones) in cash shop.

At Valentines's day, there will be events and special items.

I doubt there will actually be a marriage system in the future since the background culture of this game clearly prohibits marriage.

Like Kitah said above, even Chinese players don't play this card game well if they haven't had any game experience with the previous Gujian games. All the pairs and matches are from the stories outside SOLO. If anyone's interested in playing well in this card game, you may try Gujian3 on Steam (They have English ver) or Gujian TV series to learn about those characters.

also.. is there anything or any mobs to farm/grind? like other mmo.. like you know farming mindlessly mobs for benefit such as exp/skill points/gold/and mats? or open pve isnt a thing in this game ?

Yes there is open pve. You can grind materials for crafting system and ingredients for cooking. Certain map mobs only produce certain products so you will likely be travelling everywhere grinding things for own use or selling in the market.

Short answer yes you can edit the entire island. It is not a level/upgrading issue. The game itself doesn't allow you to put things down outside that square, but it doesn't prohibit moving things to the outside. So the trick is you put things down inside the square and move things out under keyboard editing mode. Similarly, you may build a whole piece inside the square with every item linked to a single item, and move that entire piece to outside. It's less freely when building outside but it's possible. We all hope the dev will unlock the entire island for editing in the future.