Posts by Sakura

Even if the game did charge tax, it shouldn't be $40 worth of taxes. The price on both gameforge and steam is the same ($280) so it shouldn't be the reason why it's $280 CAD for a $200 USD pack ):

gameforge will have to look at some sort of premium subscription based thing for extra perks like BnS has for a solid source of revenue.

I think BP with the expected price of $ 10, will be an additional source of constant income

Granted how BP will be purely cosmetics it would most likely be not likely to be a constant flow of income. If purely cosmetics will give constant flow of revenue then having cash shop should be enticing enough. I feel like there will be no incentives for players to buy into it unlike how China/Taiwan forces you to buy minutes to play and BnS giving you noticeable perks to entice players to subscribe which provides a solid revenue flow.

But at the end of the day this is just speculation, and hopefully cosmetics in this game will generate enough income to keep this game going for years like it has in China. I am fully looking forward to this game and will be putting in money to fund my cosmetic addictions haha.

Yeah, but i heard that those cosmetics in the BP would be exclusive ones that you cannot get from Cash Shop or game either and not only cosmetics... you can also win small amount of all kind of cash shop currencys to save them and shop cosmetics from cash shop... as far as i know, there are some cosmetics things that you can only shop for seasons or events and if you don't get them in that moment, then you need to wait to the next year to be bought (not all, there are some cosmetics that are actually permanent in the cash shop, but there are others that works only for seasons or events), so with BP you just get small amounts of currency, not enought to shop anything instantly but with some time having monthly BP, you get enought... also, you got exclusive cosmetics that you can only get from that...

And thats how it gonna works apparently.

I get that, but I would assume not everyone is as into cosmetics and willing to put money into that as much as I or many of you guys are. They'll definitely get a consistent flow of revenue from me because I anticipate spending quite regularly for cosmetics, but I don't foresee everyone doing that. The fact is, it's not guaranteed income which can and may cause this game to either die due to lack of revenue or change up it's payment model.

You listed several games here but I'll just touch on the ones I'm familiar with. FFXIV and BDO are both subscribe to play games I believe. This gives the companies who look after these games a guaranteed flow of revenue from these games on monthly bases which can be well budgeted (i.e. this month we have x amount of active players to pay y amount of money to us so we'll have x(y) in total to run our company). Comparatively SOLO is purely buy and play type of game with no P2W aspects to entice those who are not into cosmetics (or have better self control than I do) to spend money in this game.

SOLO does a really good job in making this game F2P after purchasing the game with a strong focus on spending money to make your character more unique (i.e. more eye colours, styles, makeup, etc.). But I'm skeptical that this would create enough funding in the long run to give GF enough monthly revenue to budget.

That being said, I am still fully optimistic on the success of SOLO because so far the game is great (minus some translation/workplacement issues), and being a fan of classic Chinese mythologies I'm fully content in offering my monetary support in exchange for cosmetic items :3

thanks for the input. i really do hope your wrong though and they release everything in the shop there currently and then add new items over time to generate revenue. yours sound more plausible though :(

Honestly I would hope the same, but having played the TW version and seen their cash shop and with them being way ahead of us, we actually have a lot of the costumes that they just released in our preview area. However at least this gives us something to look forward to and if someone isn't fortunate enough to buy a lot of outfits can wait until their favourite outfit releases before spending money which makes it more budget friendly (:

gameforge will have to look at some sort of premium subscription based thing for extra perks like BnS has for a solid source of revenue.

I think BP with the expected price of $ 10, will be an additional source of constant income

Granted how BP will be purely cosmetics it would most likely be not likely to be a constant flow of income. If purely cosmetics will give constant flow of revenue then having cash shop should be enticing enough. I feel like there will be no incentives for players to buy into it unlike how China/Taiwan forces you to buy minutes to play and BnS giving you noticeable perks to entice players to subscribe which provides a solid revenue flow.

But at the end of the day this is just speculation, and hopefully cosmetics in this game will generate enough income to keep this game going for years like it has in China. I am fully looking forward to this game and will be putting in money to fund my cosmetic addictions haha.

microtransactions?

Solo have microtransactions too and battle pass.

What reason is there to say that the game will become p2w if it has been successfully distributed in the home country for several years and the developer still has not introduced p2w elements into the game to increase revenues. We should also not forget that the publisher can not add anything to the game without the direct participation of the developer, obviously the absence of p2w in the game is a principled position of the developers and there is no reason to say that this position will change in the near future.

I'm fully in love with SOLO and fully support the game, but I kinda agree that there may be more microtransactions needed on top of having cosmetics in the store. I assume perhaps in the future gameforge will have to look at some sort of premium subscription based thing for extra perks like BnS has for a solid source of revenue.

Like Deadlight mentioned, the game has survived for many years in China, but their model is buying time to play which is kind of like a subscription based model so they also have a concrete source of revenue.

I think it would to obvious to approach SOLO with a grain of salt if you're (no specific you) skeptical of gameforge publishing it, but maintaining a positive outlook will help you enjoy the game more! (:

I'm gonna guess that the cash shop will remain the same upon release only because they have stated that several times in official streams. The outfit you saw will probably come into the cash shop down the road. I assume this would help with continue generation of revenue for game forge so it is in their best interest to slowly release outfits overtime.

Of course, nothing is definite, but I hope that helps!

I'd like to add that although I swiped already, I also thought how ridiculous it was. The temptation of the outfits were too strong, but I'd like to get compensated for the extra $40 CAD I spent just because I was spending CAD.

Please...;_;

HI, i would like to join this guild i been l playing ff14 since day one and i been looking to play a second MMO for a while.

King_Titan#3549

Please check your discord! I sent you a friend request so I can message your our discord invite link ^^

Hi I also would like to join. I played RO on the Snowpine server for the first few months of release and was top 10 gs too under the ign: Neko

Discord: Nakamura #5169

Hi there!

I sent you a friend request on discord! when you accept I'll send you the invite ^^

Just to add my two cents.

Since back in the olden days of China, whiter skin was sought after (bases of most Chinese Mythology). Not because it's some western ideal or anything like that but it showed that you're wealthy enough to stay indoors (i.e. having government position, or being nobility). Only the rich can afford to stay indoors to maintain that white pale skin because they don't get tanned in the sun. Those that did manual labour usually have darker skin due to getting tanned by the sun which meant that you're not wealthy enough to hire people to do the manual labour for you. That is why whiter and brighter complexions are considered beautiful. That is also why when westerners came to China they were viewed as beautiful as well since they're just naturally white.

Judging from how the developers are sticking very closely to their WuXia theme (from the already released cosmetic items), I doubt that the developers would want to deviate from their theme, and therefore incorporating darker skin tones might be unlikely.

At the end of the day, it's just a game. If it's not your cup of tea, you don't have to support it. ^^''

These are extremely nice and welcoming people. I am unsure if I will be with Senpai at launch but if you're browsing, these people offer a great environment.

Thank you for saying so <3

Could I get a Discord Invite? Looking for a new main MMO, Gunna play the closed testing for New world again this year, and play some Ashes of creation, but they arnt confirmed to be my main MMO yet, could be this one who knows.

Check your DMs ❤️

Thank you Sakura, it is already much better if there is an option (even if in the cash shop). Do you know if it is the same for hair color?

Unfortunately a hair colour slider is not available ): However, I did see Pink, Blue, Grey and Blonde options for some of the hair styles (not all of them, and not all the colours for one hair style)

Well, 9 more eye types with fixed colors does not seem "incredible" to me.. In many other MMOs I played, you can just choose a color you like in the RGB circle or in a wider selection of presets.. and you can do that for free! I can't even remember, among successful MMOs, one that does not have this basic functionality in the normal character creator.

It's fine if there is an option to buy extra patterns, but I believe at least for the standard eyes (the first 6) we should have the possibility of choosing a color we like. I am not against buying appearance items on the shop, but sadly what you show above feels even more limited.

There is actually a slider that give you other eye colour options in the cash shop. They aren't as good as a whole colour wheel but it gives you a good amount of colours to choose from. The ones you see in Character Creation is just the basic eye styles. The ones shown by Deadlight are the different styles with a colour adjust slider. Highlighting that vanity will be game forge's main source of income.