Posts by EnvyValentine

No lies, No Charges and not just me... im talking with som other people and some of them tell me they dont pay any subscription...

Both BDO and FFXIV are Buy To Play... i have both actually, and you dont need to spend anything more each month

Except for the fact that it's not true. You must pay a subscription fee in order to be able to play FFXIV.

Are u sure guys?, because it can't just be me and my ex... we buy the 60 dolars complete edition like 3 years ago, and we never spend more money for a suscription and we can play normally until today without any charges or issues... the only thing we need to buy are the expansions like the actual endwalker... so thats why i talk about FFXIV being B2P... We bought the game, and we have never paid a subscription during these 3 years neither in her account or in mine, and she has bought all the expansions, I have not... Maybe we bought the game during some promotion where by buying it at that time we would never have to pay subscriptions or maybe it is because of the region where we live...

Both BDO and FFXIV are Buy To Play... i have both actually, and you dont need to spend anything more each month, all the games I put on the list are buy to play, buy once, play forever... each one have different cash shop, in example; BDO have a p2w cash shop and because is a hard RNG based game, you can buy in cash shop a lot of things to help your RNG and have the best things like T8-T9 Horses... FFXIV has a cash shop too, but that game is basically how is this supposed to be... only Cosmetics... and as you know, FFXIV is doing very well economically (Same for BDO)... for games like FFXIV is that I personally give the opportunity to games like SOLO... Also something important to mention is that the cash shop of our servers will continue to be controlled by the developer in China and not by the publisher (gameforge)...

I dont have a lot of money to spend on games, but in the same time, same as you, i don't have any issues to spend a little in some cosmetics...

1. 1 server per region, some red flags in this alone

2. 1 time payment models never work, there will be many microtransactions. Eventually they will reach the point of pay to win to attract more buyers.

I havent actually got into the game yet but these are just a few points that stood out to me about the longevity.

"1 time payment models never work"
    Eve...
    GW2...
    FFXIV...
    BDO...

Valheim...
    TemTem...
    Every Diablo game...
    Monster Hunter: World...
    TSW...
    ESO...
    etc...
    Actually, buy to play is the most sucesfull payment model in western regions... even if all those games have an internal cash shop, some of then even have some elements "pay 2 fast" or directly "pay 2 win", still the most sucesfull bussines model in western regions, when the worst one is actually subscription model, just check, today the only reason why thta model still worth, is because 2 games.
    WoW and Dofus.

Just check some stadistics... so, dont bury this game that fast...

gameforge will have to look at some sort of premium subscription based thing for extra perks like BnS has for a solid source of revenue.

I think BP with the expected price of $ 10, will be an additional source of constant income

Granted how BP will be purely cosmetics it would most likely be not likely to be a constant flow of income. If purely cosmetics will give constant flow of revenue then having cash shop should be enticing enough. I feel like there will be no incentives for players to buy into it unlike how China/Taiwan forces you to buy minutes to play and BnS giving you noticeable perks to entice players to subscribe which provides a solid revenue flow.

But at the end of the day this is just speculation, and hopefully cosmetics in this game will generate enough income to keep this game going for years like it has in China. I am fully looking forward to this game and will be putting in money to fund my cosmetic addictions haha.

Yeah, but i heard that those cosmetics in the BP would be exclusive ones that you cannot get from Cash Shop or game either and not only cosmetics... you can also win small amount of all kind of cash shop currencys to save them and shop cosmetics from cash shop... as far as i know, there are some cosmetics things that you can only shop for seasons or events and if you don't get them in that moment, then you need to wait to the next year to be bought (not all, there are some cosmetics that are actually permanent in the cash shop, but there are others that works only for seasons or events), so with BP you just get small amounts of currency, not enought to shop anything instantly but with some time having monthly BP, you get enought... also, you got exclusive cosmetics that you can only get from that...

And thats how it gonna works apparently.

not really, at least not for me... in my case i can download the game on the SSD but i dont have enough space so i want install the game on the HDD and client crash on my HDD.

So basically F for us... they dont even have time to check our problem and fix it... at this point my recomendation is just go to billing and ask for refund... we are just losing our money, losing the events and losing everything that we shop to enjoy in the beta... at this rate we gonna get the official launch without even taste any beta and lose all rewards and events from betas...

I try to to this, but dont works... just getting another error.

fun fact , some player

Anyone got a different answer from support? they just tell me this...

"We have forwarded the description of your problem to our SOLO Team, so a fix can be implemented. It is not possible to fix your account alone, therefore we ask for your patience and understanding.

Unfortunately, we cannot give you the current information about the state of things."

yeah , every one got the same answer , even me , so , ppl spend $$$ for beta access and u cant even play since day 1 hahaha , i see alot of refund tomorrow...

It also works for a lot of ppl.... Close every background programm you don't need or maybe run windows in safe mode and try if this works. You could even do a fresh install of windows and see if that helps. The problem could just be that you messed with some settings, so I wouldn't just point my finger at Gameforge. It's hard to make a programm work on every PC, so just give them some time.

The problem is with gameforge only... all steam players can download game normally, and all the people having issues are only players of GameForge launcher... thats pretty sad since i shop the game directly from gameforge instead of steam just to support GameForge because i know Steam get a part of the money when you shop the game from Steam... so a good way to support publisher is shop the game from them... but at this point, i guess is better just ask for refund...

Anyone got a different answer from support? they just tell me this...

"We have forwarded the description of your problem to our SOLO Team, so a fix can be implemented. It is not possible to fix your account alone, therefore we ask for your patience and understanding.

Unfortunately, we cannot give you the current information about the state of things."

i try to do all things but none of that works for me, hope this works for someone else... the event viewer dont generate anything bad about GameForge launcher... just audits and normal things...