Posts by darknessfall77

I wonder if a Gameforge employee can answer this, if not then so be it but:

Do you see missed possible transactions of thousands of players worth losing vs one ridiculous feature?

There are some people who don't read fine print before they purchase games and for this one specifically, the fine print before purchase doesn't state that you can be attacked, killed and forced to stop what your doing by a random player. (aka rampager) If your so confident about the mode then at least include it in the front page of the game details by its actual name. Not "Epic pvp encounters"

Could you do an official gameforge poll next year and see how many people want the mode vs how many dont? With all the complaints that will happen after release, Will you hire extra staff on the support team to handle the excess complaints at that point n time and lose even more just for this feature that you can just simply tweak by giving people a button to opt-in and opt-out of?

It is a windows 7 problem. How can back-end scripts designed for windows 10 possibly run on an older OS it wasnt designed for? I know for a fact this is the main issue why this particular error comes up. You just dont want to accept it, and those people who got the problem on windows 10 could also have out-dated hardware in their system is why.

Those people that seem to have got it running on win 7 doesn't exist, you just made them up to contradict the earlier post is all. None of them are coming forth, and if a new account with 1 post does pop up to testify, it won't have any tangible proof or fixes. It is impossible to run the game on windows 7.

Why do you think they bother to post minimum specs if hardware and software doesnt matter? Any game would run on any system just fine is what you subscribe to? Know your limits of your machine and no, it will not run anything just because its a pc. Just upgrade to windows 10 and you won't have to jump through hoops for days in search of a fix.

The minimum requirement for this game is windows 10. I cant believe two of the mods been here and didn't tell you guys this already.

But anyway, the game was designed after your operating system was already launched. In lamen terms, the technologies needed for the game are only running on windows 10. the devs aren't trying to be mean by including that in one of the requirement specs, it's just that the newer system is needed to run the script, ect.

Good luck.

I see certain trend in this thread - those with anime avatars are those the most outraged with not being able to secure "their" name.

You mean the people that spent even a tiny fraction of their time choosing an avatar and showing how important the game is to them?

Because I see that you havent spent any time or effort at all choosing an avatar and just use the forum default of initials, lol. But seem to think your obvious lack of commitment puts you in a position to judge others outrage for a game that they have actually shown how important it is to them.

Speaking of avatar names, i got Ulquiorra name on a character I made just by messing around. Can drop it if you want it more than I do. send a msg if so. if not you can ignore this.

All though i did get every name i wanted and would support a server wipe (that isn't going to happen apparently) i think giving compensation to the players who couldn't or weren't logged in at X time would be the superior option. But like i said only if it was a way to make sure the ones who were affected got the compensation and not just a shot-gun approach to everyone.

That would cost them extra/labor or man-hours to check.

I cant wait to see how they screw up the "buy coins during beta and get a refund on launch +bonus" thing that they 100% promised and guaranteed. After everything so far, there are zero reasons to believe that'll go smoothly too. And no, we didn't forget GF. lol

Maybe some of the bad wording in that post was intentional. This company is seeming a lot more sketchy to me as time goes on. The excuse of "just bad wording" cant continue to be used forever.

I considered not buying SOLO because of the non-consensual PvP, but after doing some research and playing the demo I decided to pre-order. I actually don't think it's going to be a big problem - plus, I am not going to race to max level, but instead I want to get a feel for all the classes.

Worst case scenario - if PK becomes really annoying then I could just leave, but with many hours of enjoyable play time experienced. However, what I plan to do is make some powerful friends - I usually play in PvX games with people who enjoy PvP. So if it does become a problem, then we will "handle the matter". :evil::D

Actually, if you played only the steam demo, then you should know that rampage mode wasn't available during. That's probably why you feel as though it wouldn't be a big deal.

At student lvl 1 or max level, players can choose to enter rampage mode, after gaining enough evil/dark/negative qi, (i forget which one the game referred to it as) they can be sent to prison the next time they die. There are also debuffs that the game gives to the rampager to help them die quicker. The rampagers will mostly target "happy, enjoying the game, and adventuring" players. Then switch to a main character/main account to avoid doing any possible prison time.

If choosing to do the 2nd account option, they'll have one client running (the prison one) and another one running (the main account one) They could also just simply heal the rampaging player on the 2nd account to prolong the life. It sounds complex but it's really just as easy as switching window tabs on your browser.

I'm in zero way telling you to refund, but just making sure the entire story is present here, not just a small amount of it.

Lol, reminds me of that guy that was on here all day crying because he couldn't get Ulquiorra in time

You should really try and have more compassion. I don't think anyone was trying to get that name specifically, (Ulquiorra)

because I was able to just make a character now with it. Whoever that was, that wanted the name, message me and I'll give it to you. Was just messing around anyway.

I've been saying it all along. The people they have over-seeing the swords of legends division are incapable. They release poorly worded post in every single one they type out. They act as if we owe them something. When in reality, i'm not paying you people to just metaphorically dick me down properly, and tell me to "just deal with it" afterward. All though i was able to get all the names i want personally. I was still late to the whole ordeal.

The op has every single and i mean EVERY SINGLE right to ask for a refund. They promised something that they were too incapable of delivering, and their response is equal to: "just take it" Their release of news is nonchalant and rushed. How on earth can you give someone a time and not keep it? This is a very big deal that gameforge employees need to own up to. You are 100% wrong here, not the players. People will start calling you lairs soon. If you lie about one thing, then surely you will another.

One of the names, i was less serious about "Senbonzakura", I decided to make some edits to the char, I just had to delete it and apply import and i'd be done. But those 2 seconds were all I needed to lose it. They were all over that name like ozzys tooths was on that bat's neck. I had the name for like 2 hours now, so he must have been clicking the create button since then and if so then whoever it deserved it. I would have just given it to you lol

I could do a lot more than just switch games in five years, how is this of any relevance to the topic? lol

You may need to practice comprehension skills better then. I've been complaining about rampage every since I created the account to do just that. I will continue complaining about it until it's gone or irrelevant and no amount of lower-case or capitalized Q's in succession will stop it.

Games actually have things called Values to determine what happens inside the game. When a player clicks on anything in the game (skills included) along with items, or just any interaction at all. It has a value that only registered when the value (or condition) is met. If the values/conditions are disabled for the rampage system then no, it won't activate.

What the user most likely meant by the post is that it wouldn't take any development resources to disable the mode like you think it would. Anyone can do it/It can be done. No team of developers needed. GF may or may not even need permission to do this if it was needed.

complain as much as you want, there are enough players who like the PK system as it is, so i doubt anything will be changed as GF already stated they want to keep Rampage Mode like it is.

They'll remove it if there's enough backlash. Just like any other game. If they do, it'll be sometime after release though. I think it's safe to assume the release is when most of the casual players (the ones that will hate the mode) will play.

I for one, will never let it rest. Every time I see a chance to disagree with rampage mode I will. If they don't listen to me personally, then hopefully these post will give others the courage to speak up as well about the worthless mode, and they'll consider the collective.

If gameforge has a sub-forum up, asking for feedback on the game. Why does that thread exist? If they can't change any of the game's code itself, what's the point?

Does that forum sub-section exist for GF to relay information to the devs? Are you possibly trying to suggest that GF has zero commutation with the Chinese devs? No? Oh wait, they actually do have communication.

So, Players letting them know here that they want the worthless mode removed, They can relay it to the Chinese devs that they have communications with. Then those devs can remove it if they see fit.

There are two options that you can't deny here from what I mentioned above.

1. GF has some control over the game's code and can make slight changes. (skin tones, or modifications to a worthless mode called rampage)

2. GF communicates to Chinese devs and asks for changes made to their version. In order to get these changes, they have to ask the players here.

Both of those options are why it IS worth complaining about it on the forums.

Show me the law in effect, the manuscript written by the 12 Pk disciples that states this is the only way OWPk can be implemented. And give me the signature of every single online player that agrees with this. Explain you're opinions to me 99 more times it won't change anything.

Impossible isn't it? That is just your interpretation of what OWPK mode is. No law.

Also with all due respect, your post is seriously contradicting and comes off as a babbling mess to read. If you want to attack PVE players and fight easy battles you know you can win, I think it's best to just be honest with it. Like that smoke dude was. How can it be "Just impossible" One minute and "Either the Chinese remove it" the next? So actually what you meant, is that it IS possible? lol

It's self-absorbing to just assume that out of the thousands of players that were in the beta. I did test the mode out myself. And there was no revelations or breakthroughs. It's exactly like I knew it would be. A worthless mode that only exists for evil, criminals, and [REMOVED] to use it to harass people with. Nothing more, nothing less.

So from someone who also tested it, I'm telling others, there's no need to experience it. It's exactly what you're thinking it's like. No hidden layers. Hope that you don't run into "EXTREMEPKBRO" (random rampager i made up) And hope that he doesn't decide you don't need to finish your quest.

The Pk would not be the Pk if the player who kills and the player killed both had to activate the rampage mode, it would no longer be Rampage but simply pvp between willing player.

You say it like you've descended from the sky with that silly crap chiseled on a stone tablet. Who made this a law? Is it an unspoken rule? It's actually just your personal preference because I don't agree with it. It's not the same as saying you need air to breathe to live.

In reality, it can still be considered OW PK if you have to turn it on. Factions is a superior Pk system with rewards.