Posts by Madao

sincerely doubt that your personal name is doxxed, even if it is on file with the company for legal reasons. korea's been like that for ages too

PKing isn't cyberbullying, creating 10 new accounts to bypass blocklist is, sending 50 people to look for and kill you is...

Releasing races or classes after launch is legitimately scummy. I'm a one character kind of guy.

At least in this case, you know beforehand and are free to wait until they get released x:

Drip feeding things that are already released benefits no one but [REMOVED].

1. factions are garbage, and don't work. point in case: Aion farming veille/mastarius by coordinating with other race lol.....not even possible without doing so tbh. literally never seen a balanced faction game, and it's honestly annoying! and RFO, you were screwed if you couldn't mine...

2. Most of those games were ruined by their host and GF actually has a pretty bad rep on this... AA specifically was censored (to this date succubus outfit is still probably not in, big nope for me) and had a horrible monetization model. BNS was also censored, and also, exceedingly BAD.

3. That is a strikingly small list of games. I'm sure you can list far more PVE ones. Like, literally anything out of Japan.

PVE/PVP server split also doesn't work. you get a fragmented community. server merges end up happening, but like years after they're actually needed. granted, the largest of PVP servers tends to thrive, PVP players tend to hang around more

EDIT: and while I agree we are the minority, the reddit poll says don't change anything for the vocal complainers lol

Part of the problem with pk (or open world pvp as the candy-coated renaming) is that it allows trolls to have "fun" at others expense.
    "Just go somewhere else" they say, the PKer will just come find their victim again; and apparently (I have heard, they maybe wrong)they can spawn camp too. And you can't report the troll for harrassing you because "that's part of the game".

Developers rarely take into consideration the bully mentality when they design such things... or they are bullies themselves.

Forums allow trolls to try to remove the only feature that makes me want to play certain games, including this one...

Nope. No one is a troll just because they don't want you to place your virtual hands on them. Some self-awareness is needed here. lol

No one is forcing you to play, there's plenty of other MMOs, and nearly all of them lack OWPVP. Stop trying to squash a minority subgenre of MMO.

Games without OWPVP are a dime a hundred. Hard pass.

Part of the problem with pk (or open world pvp as the candy-coated renaming) is that it allows trolls to have "fun" at others expense.
    "Just go somewhere else" they say, the PKer will just come find their victim again; and apparently (I have heard, they maybe wrong)they can spawn camp too. And you can't report the troll for harrassing you because "that's part of the game".

Developers rarely take into consideration the bully mentality when they design such things... or they are bullies themselves.

Forums allow trolls to try to remove the only feature that makes me want to play certain games, including this one...

You're calling PKers trolls, but I call attempting to destroy the only interesting feature in this game trolling. Give it a rest, you don't need 10+ threads on this.

Just be happy it's not Full Loot (which would send even me packing lol)

getting PKed isn't supposed to be fun it's to add real danger to what would otherwise be a rather risk free world

consequences for your smack talk too

Sometimes you just want to be the bad guy. Or the hero. With no pk, there's neither.

Opting out is the same as a pve server, and the death of what we seek in a game. Hard pass /uninstall

I did more or less answer you, but let me quote my angsty friend

For me personally I like to PKK in games where they can drop gear or lose days of grind or have to buy a blessed res. If I'm bored I'll sometimes pk, but there is always people who show up.

MMOs are about interaction, it's f***ing boring when it feels like you're a million miles away, I don't understand why everyone wants a carebear fest. Yes getting stunned and dying to mobs or whatever sucks but deal with it, get a friend! Log out, ask for help, something. Everyone wants SOLO "mmos" these days...

Getting more powerful is incentive to grind, but you don't really get that in PVE games. I don't care about structured pvp. I want open sieges and PK. There hasn't been any games like this in nearly a decade.

You carebears have 1000s of pve games, stop trying to ruing the .0001% that actually have an open world.

Imagine EVE without its open PVP. It wouldn't be EVE. Imagine L2.. no one would think it was the greatest game ever if not for its open pvp, on the contrary, it would have been a trash game made of lead in a sea of pve junk

PKK can't exist without PK, and imo it should be rewarding like it sometimes was in PW/FW/L2. bound gear that can't drop really ruins it.

No, because it wouldn't be the same account, there's no link between the two (at the moment anyway).

And I suspect it would be against Steam regs. Not sure how it works exactly for BDO for example…

you can buy PSO2 currency from either MS or Steam when linked. I don't think it breaks any rules. But the price was the same if I recall, for that game.

There is no way to link your Steam to any manner of gameforge account, nor log in to the forums from it even. Of course, you probably can't buy currency with no way to indicate where it's even going.

I didn't try to buy any in the beta, but people mentioned it.

If you can't let us link our accounts, you NEED to stop charging extra to buy cash shop currency for those who bought the game from Steam. IDGAF if Steam takes its cut, other games charge the same across platforms - after all Steam is popular and being there gets you more customers who might otherwise shy away.

But honestly, it should be pretty trivial to link your steam account so you can buy from GF directly...don't have any coders that aren't interns? even an intern should be able lol

In fact I see that it used to be possible, but isn't anymore.

People always use this terrible excuse but GW2 fashion has been one purchase for all races and genders, 0 ingame benefits from cash shop..