I'm not trying to be funny in this post but I had initially plan to be a crafter in this game. In another certain mmorpg game, I was a culinarian, crafting food to provide for other players who needs them for raids. I wanted to roleplay as a chef because in real life I'm not that great when it comes to cooking.
MMORPG should be generous when providing players with the opportunity to get resources to craft instead I feel like SOLO is trying to make it feel like some survival mmorpg game with scarce of resources. In SOLO, the respawn and limited resource nodes on each map, we can only get a few measly resource per hour or day so we can't craft what we want. Particular fishing, the fishing holes are terrible, you get 1 fish per hole and there only a handful of fishing hole per map too then it respawns randomly in an hour or so.
It's 3am est now and I see people camping the map just to get fishes instead of actually playing the game. Even if i wanted to rely on the trading board to buy my resources... barely anyone is selling because most likely no one has enough to even sell them. I know you want people to stay in game longer but this isn't the right way to play a mmorpg making people just hop around the map hoping to be lucky enough to find a fishing hole to fish to get what they needed.
- Not enough resource nodes on each map and the respawn times are too long
- Fishing holes, don't give enough fishes per catch and only a handful of holes per map and respawn takes too long
- people are camping the maps just to have the chance to find a fishing hole to fish in
- Only a handful of people are able to get the resources especially for those who camp 24hrs day on certain maps
- Increase the number of resources per catch or harvest
- Allow nodes to repeatedly harvest or allow another to respawn somewhere random on the map after one has disappeared after being harvested
- Provide more places or opportunities to get resources, such as add more drops from random monsters, have fish drop from fish monsters, have dungeons give more drops as loots.
- when crafting food or potions, increase the number of product crafted each time instead of 1 potion or 1 dish each time.
You might think that by increasing the nodes or respawn or number of resources given per harvest might collapse the economy but is it reasonable to only allow only a handful of people who camp the map 24hr a day to get all the resources? If you look at the trading board, you can see the same names repeatedly appearing on the trading board, because most likely only a handful of people are able to hoard certain resources while the other players don't have the time to camp on maps to compete against them. This kind of environment breeds financial inequality, the rich (most likely those that can camp maps all day long) get richer and the rest of the other players have to rely on luck maybe eventually be able to craft what we need.